Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Is there any reason to run Cosmo repeatedly for the rare invade, or should I be happy having cleared it for the stone and move on?

None whatsoever. Unless you're a robosexual and that's your kind of waifu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

bengy81 posted:

How many pal points can I have saved up at one time?

25,000 (50 pulls). So try to keep it in the high 40s, so you always get your daily points, but you have too many points for mail to go through, so you can protect it and open it later during the +egg events they do every so often.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Adolf Glitter posted:

Yeah, I tried, but they were having none of it. I had a lot of the monster details, levels etc a screenshot from Padherder with my cool Julie team, but nope.
Not too bothered as there was no money involved.

As for playing with a US account, the payment details and personal/shipping details need to match. I tried to finagle it, but it threw up weird errors, like demanding I select the title (Mr) when it was clearly input. And other weird errors that have (non-working) workarounds from 2009 and the like. Happened on the phone as well as from the account web page. Gave up after a few hours. At least I have my apple password memorized now, gently caress.
Maybe if I'd done it before spending the 4.99 with my real details it'd have worked, idk.

I'll be going back to Android at some point, so it's all a bit of a wast of time really. I'll gently caress about with it until I get a new Android, and give the account to some Euro/Apple person (if one exists) loving region locks suck, but tbh, I've been a dumb gently caress in about 6 different ways.

Anyway, I'm just shouting into the wind here, sorry guys, but to repeat - and Eu players (I seem to remember a few from back in the day) pal me up -
whatevs-SA

The key thing when making an out-of-region iTunes account is to only sign up when you try to download a F2P game and it prompts you -- timb won't ask for payment information if you do it this way.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

dragon enthusiast posted:

The key thing when making an out-of-region iTunes account is to only sign up when you try to download a F2P game and it prompts you -- timb won't ask for payment information if you do it this way.

Yeah, it was a litany of errors, but that account that Chiko has thrown my way is loving ace. Loads of really interesting stuff I've never even seen before. Loving that Aizen fella within 2 minutes of play, just for a start.

Thanks again man, I really appreciate it.

Looks like I better get my Padherder poo poo together though so I know where I'm at

Oh, 718,948,257 for any new EU chums.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Adolf Glitter posted:

Yeah, it was a litany of errors, but that account that Chiko has thrown my way is loving ace. Loads of really interesting stuff I've never even seen before. Loving that Aizen fella within 2 minutes of play, just for a start.

Looks like I better get my Padherder poo poo together though so I know where I'm at

Oh, 718,948,257 for any new EU chums.

Aizen is extremely powerful. Load up with dark monsters on his team.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jesus no this isn't how it works.

Prongs only add to base damage for that specific match. There is no extra multiplier. Eschamali should give overall more damage.

Also, Eschamali's active is way more useful than Kanna's anyways. Use Eschamali.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Adolf Glitter posted:

No problem. Lots of cool poo poo on the account. I think you have presents and best friend available, too. Have fun!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ultima66 posted:

Jesus no this isn't how it works.

Prongs only add to base damage for that specific match. There is no extra multiplier. Eschamali should give overall more damage.

Also, Eschamali's active is way more useful than Kanna's anyways. Use Eschamali.

Both eschamali and kanna suck mainly because I don't have them. D.Kali too! so much suck.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I'm gonna disagree again but then drop it. Doing A3/Colosseum with DAthena, it's way better if your damage is roughly even across subs when you're doing the kind of stuff that gets you closest to the cap/absorb for Vishnu, NoahDra or ZeusDra (you should always Fujin HeraDra). Eschamali will always prevent that from happening. DKanna(Eschamali) is a better option.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
finally put together an easy, safe and relatively fast colosseum solo team

diara works as well but she's actually way overkill in damage since colosseum dudes mostly have pretty low HP, so the low effort anubis seems more suited for farming this kind of older, easier content

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

TheQuietWilds posted:

I'm gonna disagree again but then drop it. Doing A3/Colosseum with DAthena, it's way better if your damage is roughly even across subs when you're doing the kind of stuff that gets you closest to the cap/absorb for Vishnu, NoahDra or ZeusDra (you should always Fujin HeraDra). Eschamali will always prevent that from happening. DKanna(Eschamali) is a better option.

I'll say this just isn't true without breaking down every single situation, and it also depends on how many Hakus you're running. But for the record, here's some easier breakdowns:

1 dark + 1 other combo. Fits under Sopdet 200k. With DKanna, 1 dark + 1 blue always does over 200k so you get similar damage to this with 1 dark + 2 or 3 other combo, slightly less safe.

2 dark + 1 blue + 1 other. Fits under Vishnu's 1m.

1 dark prong + 1 blue. Doesn't fit under Vishnu's 1m.

2 dark + 1 blue + 2 other. Doesn't get as close to 1m as the Eschamali example, and cascading to 7c absolutely ruins it because of 7c awakenings.

Getting closer to 5 million for Noahdra and 20m (10m dark) for Zeusdra is a lot harder to calculate exactly, and also kind of ruined because it's standard to run 1 or 2 Dragon Killers on Haku. If you want I guess someone else can give some better breakdowns though.

Oh, also DKanna lets you do 1 dark + 1 blue and fit under Parvati, Eschamali means you can match 1 prong + 0 other combo and fit under with DKalis but undershoot hard on everything else. So DKanna is a lot better for Parvati at least.

E: 2 dark prongs, 1 blue, 8 combo screenshots:

If you're actually using Dragon Killers, then this is bad for Esch on Zeusdra. If you're not using Dragon Killers, Esch is better, but also you're more likely to get hosed by skyfalls.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 25, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
JP Arena2 trip-report chasing the new latents: LOL.

Anyways...

quote:

Take 2 slots. 3x of the single, except for TE :(

HP++ : 4.5% of base hp

ATK++ : 3% of base atk

RCV++ : 15% of base rcv

TE: 0.12 second

New killers are 1.5x.

I mean, they are better, but I'll wait for the damage resist+

In other news, improved Momiji rocks, Improved Barbara is still a sick joke.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

first roll on the pink REM was NY Yomi, second was NY Ama. I need to quit while I'm ahead.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Yolo pink roll...

Dark Sonia :aaa:

That'll do. How rare is she? I have a feeling she will just be a trophy sitting in my box.

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 25, 2017

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Is this REM worth rolling on if I'm super new?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Olothreutes posted:

Is this REM worth rolling on if I'm super new?
Nope. Save stones and wait for the next actual Godfest, because it's Player's Choice so people voted for mostly not-garbage things.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I rolled again and got my Xmas Sakuya trophy.

My friend rolled Halloween Rozuel, who's probably a decent option for his Persephone/eventual DAthena team. Better than Shadow Dragon Knight, since he's not a god, devil or attacker.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Zo posted:

it's not comparable at all. needing to squeeze a heart cross in there completely tanks red mirus damage compared to dathena (who can haku into like 3 prongs 8 combo easily)

plus there's also the high effort yet low damage thing that just makes her completely unappealing. this is why we keep bringing up diara, who's similarly high effort except whoops you get like 900x damage instead.

I like my Blonia 4 prong, shame it's only 6 combos on a good board

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I played this a couple years ago or so and just started feeling the itch again (thanks padherder for still having my account info, was afraid I'd have to try without my code!). At the time my main teams were Horus and Luci, with the occasional Bastet/Kirin. I also had a fledgling ronia team I was working on. Are any of those still viable? Any new mechanics? I seem to recall awakenings just coming into play around the time I stopped. Also what's the deal with multiplayer stuff?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
there's a fuckload of new mechanics, the most important "mechanic" is probably a new type of busty evolution called an Awoken evolution that basically resets a monster's active ability and leader skill. It's singlehandedly made old trash REM pulls into top tier leaders (Minerva and Yomi are two good examples). More recently there's an even newer type of evo known as a reincarnation that while not as groundbreaking as awoken, gives monsters gigantic stat bumps and buffed abilities.

There's a new type of currency called Monster Points, gotten primarily through selling REM pulls. Many top tier leaders can only be purchased through the MP shop

Awakenings are very important, to the point that some team archetypes are built around certain awakenings.

What you currently think of as your best monsters don't make the cut for top tier, or in Ronia's case any tier, any more. They can still kill old content that they were considered good for

There are many, many more GFEs introduced since you quit, and they are with a few exceptions considered the best pulls in the game.

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 25, 2017

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

there's a fuckload of new mechanics, the most important "mechanic" is probably a new type of busty evolution called an Awoken evolution that basically resets a monster's active ability and leader skill. It's singlehandedly made old trash REM pulls into top tier leaders (Minerva and Yomi are two good examples). More recently there's an even newer type of evo known as a reincarnation that while not as groundbreaking as awoken, gives monsters gigantic stat bumps and buffed abilities.

There's a new type of currency called Monster Points, gotten primarily through selling REM pulls. Many top tier leaders can only be purchased through the MP shop

Awakenings are very important, to the point that some team archetypes are built around certain awakenings.

What you currently think of as your best monsters don't make the cut for top tier, or in Ronia's case any tier, any more. They can still kill old content that they were considered good for

There are many, many more GFEs introduced since you quit, and they are with a few exceptions considered the best pulls in the game.

Hmm, that's a lot more than I was expecting. I checked the padherder guide, but some of that information seems it may be out of date? Is there a more intermediate guide, or something I can check to see info about all this new stuff? I'd like to see what, if any, of my monsters are worth salvaging and working on (I do have some Yomis for instance, and I think Minerva as well but have no idea about how to go about an Awoken evolution).

And what leaders are worthwhile from the MP shop? Maybe I can sell some of my old junk to get enough to grab one of those?

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.

alansmithee posted:

Hmm, that's a lot more than I was expecting. I checked the padherder guide, but some of that information seems it may be out of date? Is there a more intermediate guide, or something I can check to see info about all this new stuff? I'd like to see what, if any, of my monsters are worth salvaging and working on (I do have some Yomis for instance, and I think Minerva as well but have no idea about how to go about an Awoken evolution).

And what leaders are worthwhile from the MP shop? Maybe I can sell some of my old junk to get enough to grab one of those?

Do you want to post a link to your padherder? We could give you some advice as to what would be a good idea to work on or whether you have a good team for one of the MP monsters. That would probably be easiest I think. I'm not aware of any guides that aren't mostly out of date at this point.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Post your box and we'll give you a plan

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Bastet's recent Revo (reincarnated evolution) makes her a decent mid-to-endgame leader, depending on your subs.

I was in the same place you were almost a month ago when I picked PaD back up after a couple of years and the game is seriously so much better now.

Today I had my first A1 clear (solo, Revo Astaroth team) after barely being able to handle most mythical level descends before I quit. You'll make progress like crazy, especially now when Gungho is in the middle of rehabbing old mons for the new content.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

I believe this is it. I did a couple of pulls since I had some gems still and also got Napoleon, valiant guan yi, bearded guan yi, princess suzaku, and dancing amaterasu

https://www.padherder.com/user/alansmithee/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

alansmithee posted:

I believe this is it. I did a couple of pulls since I had some gems still and also got Napoleon, valiant guan yi, bearded guan yi, princess suzaku, and dancing amaterasu

https://www.padherder.com/user/alansmithee/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Doh, you probably should have waited for this weekend's player's choice godfest. :(

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

alansmithee posted:

Never ever ever pull the REM outside of a godfest

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paul Zuvella posted:

Never ever ever pull the REM outside of a godfest

Btw, Japan is having a super godfest. Guaranteed gods from 12 or so pantheons, fully evolved, fully skilled (no +297,lol) no fake golds or golem girls. The catch? No GFEs, and 10 stones to pull.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sounds like super trash. Are they trying to clear stones before summer REM?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
They're fully awoken too right?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

that changes EVERYTHING

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Paul Zuvella posted:

that changes EVERYTHING

Nah it's still trash

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nah it's still trash

:thejoke:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The site says fully awoken but Isis (and pantheons without reincarnations) is on the list so they are not reincarnated.

http://pad.gungho.jp/member/carnival/skill_lvm/170525/skill_lvm.html

Edit: No longer phone-posting so I re-checked the site and it is "full awakening" so they mean that they come with a full set of awakenings. lol.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 25, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Dumb double phone post

JP is also getting the gatcha dragon dungeon back. So more free rolls on the Heroine REM.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 25, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dear PAD,

Please stop giving me Noah Dragon in A3. It's the one radar dragon I can't kill with my team :negative:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

alansmithee posted:

You pulled the wrong REM with the trashiest of rates to boot

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
I didn't want to spend all of the gems that I've been saving, but I still did two pulls on the director's choice draw and got Rozuel and Valiant Guan Yu and have enough left to pull on the god fest. Also finally hit 150 and got Andromeda from the free pull, and I've been able to do a few descended dungeons, so my collection is looking better.

I'm definitely putting Andromeda on my Julie team if she's as good as she seems.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WHY ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE PULLING THE DIRECTORS CARNIVAL STOOOOOOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

People are idiots, mainly. Seriously there is a PCGF coming up there is literally 0 reason you would want to be rolling now unless you're a whale and even then you're really dumb.