Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

DLC Inc posted:

are all the streams just PC or is any footage from console?

probably all pc, because PCMASTERRACE.JPEG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Burkion posted:

One of the better ones I keep an eye on is Ohm, mostly because his Friday videos usually end up with him teaming with H20 Delirious, and it's kind of fun to go over to his channel and track down the same session from a different perspective.

Ohm spends one game running around avoiding Jason and dealing with other players bullshit while trying to fix the phone, while Delirious, in that same session, is totally alone and just finding poo poo and fixing a boat. All the while the bullshit on the other side of the map is happening.

It also makes certain things that happen even funnier to see it from another angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jirAaZVRnB0&t=1216s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JLq8Yy8Sl0&t=1180s

(Not going to lie, not a huge fan of Bryce's videos and I don't really check out the others. Not big on the streamer face cam mugging from the camera over playing the game stuff.)

anything with H20 Delirious and OhmWrecker is instant gold. I loved his Culling videos.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

:reddit: is pretty upset that streamers got access a whole 36 hours before they did. They point to one guys lukewarm review as evidence that it was the wrong decision, they were betrayed, and Gun Media should be "ashamed" of themselves. So strange of them to be that emotional.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6d5jul/this_has_been_an_absolute_disrespect_to_your/

:allears:

All the streams I saw, they were having a blast even though they had to play with other streamers who also split their attention between their ego and their chat log.

This kind of poo poo is honestly why I hate streamers. It only reinforces their e-ego that they actually matter.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I watched one guy that normally plays with Cohh and he was focusing more on some fidget spinners that playing the game which I found refreshing because he was just a chill bro. I think his name was Sxhxy or something close to that.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Skoll posted:

This kind of poo poo is honestly why I hate streamers. It only reinforces their e-ego that they actually matter.

i think you missed the point here, this post was about how Reddit is a bunch of crybabies and not about Twitch streamers.

edit: unless your talking about the part about Lirik because I agree he's a egotistical piece of poo poo. I retract my previous statement.

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 25, 2017

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Skoll posted:

In the eyes of video game companies, they are mattering more and more. It's a great way to get your game into the community and get people hyped for it. I think it's actually brilliant and I hope to see it expanded.

I don't understand why people get so butthurt about streamers being successful. I think it's really cool how there's this burgeoning industry of people playing video games professionally, and I hope it grows and continues.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Skoll posted:

Seriously, this. I know why they do it, it's free marketing, but every time I see streamers marketing a game I can't play, I want to play it less. Wildlands did this too.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Carebearz posted:

i think you missed the point here, this post was about how Reddit is a bunch of crybabies and not about Twitch streamers.

edit: unless your talking about the part about Lirik because I agree he's a egotistical piece of poo poo. I retract my previous statement.

I didn't miss the point, I was just saying my own opinion. I don't think anyone needs be told reddit is a cesspit of entitled shitbabies at this point.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

In the eyes of video game companies, they are mattering more and more. It's a great way to get your game into the community and get people hyped for it. I think it's actually brilliant and I hope to see it expanded.

I don't understand why people get so butthurt about streamers being successful. I think it's really cool how there's this burgeoning industry of people playing video games professionally, and I hope it grows and continues.

Or like, have a dude and his community of 50k children poo poo on it like what just appeared to happen. I don't know, I'm an old :shrug: I don't see a reason why someone should get an early copy of a video game before someone else just because they videotape themselves playing it.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Carebearz posted:

He didn't miss the point at all because streamers should be given exclusive access to anything, especially not over backers. If they are, it inflates their ego.

Skyscraper posted:

Seriously, this. I know why they do it, it's free marketing, but every time I see streamers marketing a game I can't play, I want to play it less. Wildlands did this too.

Yeah, I hate the majority of streamers because they're so bad at games. It's why I can only watch pro streamers. They might not have the wacky personalities (bonus imo) but they're good at showing off a game which is important for me, because i'm watching to see if its worth buying.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Skoll posted:

I didn't miss the point, I was just saying my own opinion. I don't think anyone needs be told reddit is a cesspit of entitled shitbabies at this point.

Or like, have a dude and his community of 50k children poo poo on it like what just appeared to happen. I don't know, I'm an old :shrug: I don't see a reason why someone should get an early copy of a video game before someone else just because they videotape themselves playing it.

Because they have 50k people watching them. I'm old too, and I don't see a reason someone should care about a streamer getting an early copy of a game.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DLC Inc posted:

are all the streams just PC or is any footage from console?

I'm going to guess PC

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

No you see, Reddit are children because they're upset about streamers playing games early, but I am a mature adult who is upset about streamers getting games early, it's totally different, because, something about ego

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
As to why streamers got early access, they legally can provide early copies to media / marketing types. Streamers count in this category, so they gave them early access because why not, it makes sense from a business perspective. It *does* help them get the game name out, so I don't fault them for doing it. I still think streamers are just the personification of ePeen stroking.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kelp Plankton posted:

No you see, Reddit are children because they're upset about streamers playing games early, but I am a mature adult who is upset about streamers getting games early, it's totally different, because, something about ego

Those aren't the same people, dude

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dogstile posted:

Those aren't the same people, dude

It's a funny conversation dude

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I only watched a few streams last night but every match seemed to be on the same map from the beta. Is that an early access restriction thing? Or is there something limiting you to just the one map until you level up a bit?

It seemed too consistent for me to chalk up to just map RNG but maybe I just missed the streams that weren't all that map.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
This one is pretty good actually, not the streamer necessarily, just the gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkHxwC2OAOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Because they have 50k people watching them. I'm old too, and I don't see a reason someone should care about a streamer getting an early copy of a game.

I mean from an intellectual viewpoint its easy to see why, practically free marketing, some jackass gets to feel important etc etc. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Just like you don't have to dislike it.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Cool.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Kelp Plankton posted:

I only watched a few streams last night but every match seemed to be on the same map from the beta. Is that an early access restriction thing? Or is there something limiting you to just the one map until you level up a bit?

It seemed too consistent for me to chalk up to just map RNG but maybe I just missed the streams that weren't all that map.

I definitely saw more than 1

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Kelp Plankton posted:

i watched a stream lat night that cycled through all three maps

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Are you able to kill Jason now? I haven't been paying attention to the game since the beta.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I guess I just was unlucky! Thanks y'all.

Any good YouTube stuff showing off the new map layouts? I feel pretty familiar with the beta one from playing that so much over the holidays, but I don't want to go in blind with the new ones.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Carebearz posted:

there are literally a shitload of people streaming it on Twitch and they're all good to watch

Found some Swedish (?) metalhead who sounds like Peter Serafinowicz: https://www.twitch.tv/swordmouse

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

King Vidiot posted:

Found some Swedish (?) metalhead who sounds like Peter Serafinowicz: https://www.twitch.tv/swordmouse

holy poo poo this is amazing

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
I also get why they do it and think it's kind of crappy, but mostly because I'm 98% sure there's some marketing guy out there getting himself off to his genius use of "influencers."

Also, for pulling this marketing stunt, the game really doesn't really look fantastic, just alright, which is a shame. The counselors don't really seem to have much agency in gameplay, which results in a match either looking like "uneventful looting spree + escape" or "get found, chased, and inevitably killed." I guess I'm wishing there were a little bit more to it.

Additionally, the environmental kills appear to be too few and far between to pull off with any reliability, which means 90% of the time you get Jason's default "kill the person I'm holding" animations, of which they only decided to give each Jason one for some reason. For being the game sold on gruesome deaths I thought they'd put in a little more effort there!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Any streamer with tons of animated poo poo on the screen is intolerable. This guy is inoffensive and the subscription popup nicely clashes with Jason murdering people and during the downtime.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/146845488
At the 2:27 mark.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Poulpe posted:

I also get why they do it and think it's kind of crappy, but mostly because I'm 98% sure there's some marketing guy out there getting himself off to his genius use of "influencers."

Also, for pulling this marketing stunt, the game really doesn't really look fantastic, just alright, which is a shame. The counselors don't really seem to have much agency in gameplay, which results in a match either looking like "uneventful looting spree + escape" or "get found, chased, and inevitably killed." I guess I'm wishing there were a little bit more to it.

Additionally, the environmental kills appear to be too few and far between to pull off with any reliability, which means 90% of the time you get Jason's default "kill the person I'm holding" animations, of which they only decided to give each Jason one for some reason. For being the game sold on gruesome deaths I thought they'd put in a little more effort there!

Most streamers I saw were very sub-par counselors. Example:

Pick Rocker chick (heavy stealth), within first minute of game find and team up with someone playing Vanessa. (a shining beacon for Jason's sense) Jason inevitable comes over, having seen Vanessa from 400 yards away on his sense. Guess which counselor can run faster? *Queue crying about Jason being too hard*

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Republicans posted:

Are you able to kill Jason now? I haven't been paying attention to the game since the beta.

Someone figured out how to do it. It's on youtube and not very game viable. Shitload of XP though.

I'm really relieved the preorder Jason looks like rear end because by the time I got around to having the money for the preorder they stopped website preorders. Over a month before the game came out.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So a fair warning for everyone here.

I am my grandmother's caretaker- she is wheelchair bound other stuff. It won't be super frequent, but when she needs me to do something I will have to gently caress off to take care of that. Usually it's only once every now and again, and I'm only gone for about 2 to 3 minutes, at least at night. So I'll try to let people know if something comes up during a match and if you see me just standing around not doing anything, that's why. Feel free to do whatever to me if I am away.

I won't be on during the day much due to this, so night time is when I'll likely be playing the most.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Burkion posted:

I am my grandmother's caretaker- she is wheelchair bound other stuff. It won't be super frequent, but when she needs me to do something I will have to gently caress off to take care of that. Usually it's only once every now and again, and I'm only gone for about 2 to 3 minutes, at least at night. So I'll try to let people know if something comes up during a match and if you see me just standing around not doing anything, that's why. Feel free to do whatever to me if I am away.

I won't be on during the day much due to this, so night time is when I'll likely be playing the most.

all i heard from this is free counselor kill or free escape from Jason

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Burkion posted:

You'll just be roleplaying as the post-sex sleeping teen.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

weekly font posted:

Someone figured out how to do it. It's on youtube and not very game viable. Shitload of XP though

Looking at it, it's not terribly game viable but I'm willing to wager every pubbie is going to be playing a female counselor to try to pull this off. Given Jason's deadliness, this can fall apart rather quickly. Plus, if Jason players are aware of this, they're going to make sure that Tommy dies a horrible death ASAP and not just because he's a strong 'counselor'.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

LuiCypher posted:

Looking at it, it's not terribly game viable but I'm willing to wager every pubbie is going to be playing a female counselor to try to pull this off. Given Jason's deadliness, this can fall apart rather quickly. Plus, if Jason players are aware of this, they're going to make sure that Tommy dies a horrible death ASAP and not just because he's a strong 'counselor'.

wait, can i get a tl'dr description on how to kill Jason? Also i humbly request we pc players use it as a last resort way to beat Jason.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So how do you kill Jason? What's the convoluted process for those of us at work who can't just YouTube it?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Carebearz posted:

wait, can i get a tl'dr description on how to kill Jason? Also i humbly request we pc players use it as a last resort way to beat Jason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caR9qt49Ueo

Step 1. A Female Counselor retrieves the sweater from Jason's mother's shrine.
Step 2. Remove Jason's Mask via face pummeling.
Step 3. Have Tommy Jarvis pick up the Mask.
Step 4. Female Counselor presses Q in Proximity of Jason.
Step 5. Female Counselor hits Jason (Ideally a Headshot).
Step 6. Jason falls to knees and Tommy presses E. Enjoy!

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Kelp Plankton posted:

So how do you kill Jason? What's the convoluted process for those of us at work who can't just YouTube it?

+1

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Edit: f;b

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have to admit I was really not expecting much from this game and was kind of surprised to see such a long thread on it. But it seems like it's pretty neat and rather faithful to the tone of the movies (not super scary, but more monster movie). I guess I'm just wondering how much replay value this will get with only one (even well made) mode. Definitely looks like something I want to give a try when it's on sale (on a key site), assuming it's still being played.

At the very least the thread has made me start watching all the Friday the 13th movies I got when a friend gave me their digital redeem code for the whole series.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I have to admit I was really not expecting much from this game and was kind of surprised to see such a long thread on it. But it seems like it's pretty neat and rather faithful to the tone of the movies (not super scary, but more monster movie). I guess I'm just wondering how much replay value this will get with only one (even well made) mode. Definitely looks like something I want to give a try when it's on sale (on a key site), assuming it's still being played.

Play games like this with goons. Touching the pubstove will still probably be fun, especially as Jason, but games like this are beers and friends sort of times and this dead gay website has always been choice for that.

King Vidiot posted:

Should've figured that the Super Secret Trick to Killing Jason would be figured out by Twitch streamers and YouTube gamers in a mad rush to be the first to blab it to the world for hits.

So there it is, all laid out there...

I mean, duh.

But at least it isn't easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Should've figured that the Super Secret Trick to Killing Jason would be figured out by Twitch streamers and YouTube gamers in a mad rush to be the first to blab it to the world for hits.

So there it is, all laid out there... and the game isn't even out yet.

• Locked thread