Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

pls dont talk about ongoing games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Retro Futurist posted:

Y tho

Also I could get behind tpink. His position on me reads like I literally just showed up now and wasn't active yesterday

Are you serious? This was literally the only thing you posted all day yesterday:

Retro Futurist posted:

I still want to kill bif but yeah sure let's do this first ##vote flam

That's your being active? Ok.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

RF I get what you're saying and I respect it but :killing:

This is scum

Ok duder. Let's just kill off people WHO ARE ACTUALLY POSTING NOW. Why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Because it's a free kill and we already killed a scum today. General mafia math is 3 Town is roughly 1 Scum. Since we have killed one scum already today, we could afford a loss of a townie if RF is town. It's basic game math

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
DB first, he's not doing anything ##vote DB

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Just because we're at an advantageous position because we just killed a scum doesn't mean its a smart move to squander that advantage through uninformed killing. That's not how "game math" works.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Your Personal Muse posted:

He's not doing anything cause he's dead :ssh:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I believe Slam, wanting to kill Krell sounds legit

##vote Stickup

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Slamburger posted:

He's not doing anything cause he's dead :ssh:

That makes sense I guess, I'll keep my eye out on him though ##vote pink

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

Because it's a free kill and we already killed a scum today. General mafia math is 3 Town is roughly 1 Scum. Since we have killed one scum already today, we could afford a loss of a townie if RF is town. It's basic game math

Do you have any reason to think RF is scum? If so, ok; otherwise it's just a blind vote because it's a free kill, and the odds of randomly hitting scum are now even lower because we have already successfully lynched one scum. I don't understand this "basic game math."

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Your Personal Muse posted:

lol

tpink posted:

Do you have any reason to think RF is scum? If so, ok; otherwise it's just a blind vote because it's a free kill, and the odds of randomly hitting scum are now even lower because we have already successfully lynched one scum. I don't understand this "basic game math."

It's a blind pick, because 1 scum is worth the death of 3 town. If RF is town, we aren't at a negative.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also with me thinking tpink scum and tpink hard defending rf I mean...why not do it?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Also with me thinking tpink scum and tpink hard defending rf I mean...why not do it?

the case on Stickup is better. Way better.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

the case on Stickup is better. Way better.

I'd be okay but I need to kill RF first.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

With you and other people apparently already thinking I am scum for reasons??, I would have to be really loving dumb to defend RF if he were a scumbro.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's not tru~ Most people don't seem to be ready to kill RF or you

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tpink posted:

Are you serious? This was literally the only thing you posted all day yesterday:

That's your being active? Ok.

I mean yesterday as in D2 not Wednesday

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
The other thing is that SSV's post that "now" he is VT suggested that losing his mason partner destroyed their power role:

Flying Leatherman posted:

DickBastardly, Strawberry, Town Tracker Mason, died Night 2

Day 3 begins.

SirSamVimes posted:

Guess I'm just vanilla now. :(

So if this is true, a mislynch not only risks killing a town, but also destroying a potential power role for the surviving mason. Another reason why I am hesitant to just kill RF just because we can and even though no one seems to have reason to think he's actually scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He's saying he's not a mason anymore.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Is he though? He hasn't contradicted people posting their interpretation that he can no longer track people. I suppose it could be a feint to leave the scum unsure of whether they need to NK him or not, but since he outed himself without prompting in the first place, that's hardly a great strategy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Slamburger posted:

Is he though? He hasn't contradicted people posting their interpretation that he can no longer track people. I suppose it could be a feint to leave the scum unsure of whether they need to NK him or not, but since he outed himself without prompting in the first place, that's hardly a great strategy.

SSV also still got the tracker results even when DB was dead so seems like they did have some kind of wonder twin thing going on

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

That's not how I read it, given this post:

SirSamVimes posted:

Uh, I knew he was a tracker from the game's beginning. We had to mutually agree on track targets. If I was deliberately taking out the tracker, it could have been done N1

Basically, SSV said he and DB had to mutually agree on track targets (at least implying a shared tracker role), then after DB died, SSV said he's vanilla now.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

SSV also still got the tracker results even when DB was dead so seems like they did have some kind of wonder twin thing going on

And yeah, that too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

since we had 2 kills in one night I believe that there should be a town vig in addition to the standard scum NK. Or it could've been an SK in addition to the scum, but the fact that Flam flipped as explicitly scum and "vigilante mason" suggests otherwise.

I strongly believe Slam is town and that scum bothering to talk him out of shooting Stickup is an awesome lead.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do kind of buy that. Slam being scum makes no sense here unless alignments were done after everything else, which is possible but not super likely.

Also stick is my mason and we've barely spoken, so I don't have much info on that end.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Since my mason power did not expire with Flam's death but SSV is claiming his did, I do have another theory:
The pair mechanics are designed in such a way that for town+scum mason pairings, the power is lost when the town member dies, but not when the scum member dies. This would prevent scum from just killing off their partners for exclusive use of the power. In a sense, they would have a town "chaperone" that they would have to convince or deceive in order to use the power in ways that are scum-beneficial.

It would follow that scum were aware of this condition but town were not, which would imply that SSV may be scum and blundered (if not outright slipped) by admitting his power went away.

I realize that this is a lot of setup speculation so I'm not going to put much weight into it yet but I wanted to share the idea. If the idea is wrong, its certainly possible that the expectation of two kills a night is central enough to game-balance considerations to have the vig-expiration behave differently from the tracker-expiration.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm actually feeling a little better about SSV now. I don't think he'd be as likely to volunteer that info he did if he was scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't get the SSV angle. I think it was a poor push from the start

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Also the choice of DB makes a bit more sense if Flam was just desperate to get your attention off Sticks without looking too suss himself.

"Let's play it safe and just shoot a lurker" is a nice innocent strategy for a mandatory town vig.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I could get behind stickup. However, I would like to kill RF especially since I am curious about tpink

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

However, I would like to kill RF especially since I am curious about tpink

I don't see how this logically follows

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't see how this logically follows

Tpink puttin out hArd defense of RF lynch

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

I didn't want to lynch RF either once he actually showed up, and hell, I'm one of the peeps he was casing, why are you focusing on just tpink framing it up as a "hard defense"?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

Yeah well that's just because tpink isn't a complete moron, kashuno

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

See this RF dude's alright

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Slamburger posted:

Since my mason power did not expire with Flam's death but SSV is claiming his did, I do have another theory:
The pair mechanics are designed in such a way that for town+scum mason pairings, the power is lost when the town member dies, but not when the scum member dies. This would prevent scum from just killing off their partners for exclusive use of the power. In a sense, they would have a town "chaperone" that they would have to convince or deceive in order to use the power in ways that are scum-beneficial.

It would follow that scum were aware of this condition but town were not, which would imply that SSV may be scum and blundered (if not outright slipped) by admitting his power went away.

I realize that this is a lot of setup speculation so I'm not going to put much weight into it yet but I wanted to share the idea. If the idea is wrong, its certainly possible that the expectation of two kills a night is central enough to game-balance considerations to have the vig-expiration behave differently from the tracker-expiration.

My PM says that if any part of the masonry dies, the power is deactivated. I mean I suppose the mod could have been lying to me, but I doubt that. Maybe it just works differently for this because vigging is a power that can backfire on town, but tracking is completely pro-town?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Kashuno posted:

I was pointing out that you and Infi were pushing for RF to get lynched because he's a free kill due to low posting, but: (1) he has now come back to post again; and (2) given what SSV said, there's risk in lynching someone at random (which is basically what you are suggesting) beyond just lynching a town player, as we are potentially also loving up a power role.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah well that's just because tpink isn't a complete moron, kashuno

Wow that's no way to speak of Infinitum dude

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please free-dunk RF if he doesn't full claim, so we can dunk tpink afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually I'm pretty sure Kash is scum in my masondoc because I legit do not have any ability listed other than just being masonpals

• Locked thread