Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Clown traitor strikes again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I have not played this in quite a few years, and felt like coming back to tool around with genetics, but every time I try to connect to LLJK2, I get "Connection Failed" pretty much instantly.

I can connect to LLJK1 fine.

Am I just trying to connect in-between rounds, or is this a common thing people encounter?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Feature request: attaching a pile of knives to gloves

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
What's the primetime for lljk servers these days?
Haven't spacemanned in a long time

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I keep trying to get back into spacemanning but i keep getting annoyed because i'm trying to play from the UK and the ping plus the lag with SS13 makes me the most unrobust motherfucker in the world these days. I swear it used to be better.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

dogstile posted:

I keep trying to get back into spacemanning but i keep getting annoyed because i'm trying to play from the UK and the ping plus the lag with SS13 makes me the most unrobust motherfucker in the world these days. I swear it used to be better.

Check your computer for spyware (or reinstall windows), if you don't have a byond paid membership the advertisements from byond probably infected your computer with a bitcoin miner or something and that could be what's slowing down your computer.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

To the Chief Engineer that taught me how to start a hellburn last night, thank you.
Also big ups to the AI that called us scrubs and offered a different way.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
does cluwning shrink the spaceman's johnson?

a scientist needs to perform a johnson inspection to solve this mystery

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

What are the rules on polymorphs? I got turned into a crow by a wizard and then pecked his eyes out, but I'm not sure if that's intended.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SugarAddict posted:

Check your computer for spyware (or reinstall windows), if you don't have a byond paid membership the advertisements from byond probably infected your computer with a bitcoin miner or something and that could be what's slowing down your computer.

iirc, the LLJK servers were originally in the UK and then moved to the US a few years back.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Triggerhappypilot posted:

What are the rules on polymorphs? I got turned into a crow by a wizard and then pecked his eyes out, but I'm not sure if that's intended.

You're more than welcome to peck out the wizard's eyes/send him into anaphylactic shock with stings/blast him with eight zipguns simultaneously.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you see an obvious antagonist type doing their thing (Wizard, Changeling, Vampire), you are free and clear to cave their skulls in with a toolbox or shoot them in the face till they stop moving and shove them into a Grinder.

For the more subtle Traitors, use some discretion and don't murder a man because he had a laser gun in his pocket. He might've just found it on the ground. If someone starts repeatedly beating the poo poo out of you with their own toolbox for no discernible reason, however, you're in the clear to return the favour and protect yourself as need be.

If you mean in regards to transformations and the like, you will get a big pop-up saying something along the lines of "YOUR WILL IS NOT YOUR OWN! DO WHAT THE rear end in a top hat WHO INJECTED/INFECTED YOU SAYS!" to let you know what's expected of you (Vampire Thralls, Syndicate Implants, that sort of thing).

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 26, 2017

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you see an obvious antagonist type doing their thing (Wizard, Changeling, Vampire), you are free and clear to cave their skulls in with a toolbox or shoot them in the face till they stop moving and shove them into a Grinder.

For the more subtle Traitors, use some discretion and don't murder a man because he had a laser gun in his pocket. He might've just found it on the ground. If someone starts repeatedly beating the poo poo out of you with their own toolbox for no discernible reason, however, you're in the clear to return the favour and protect yourself as need be.

If you mean in regards to transformations and the like, you will get a big pop-up saying something along the lines of "YOUR WILL IS NOT YOUR OWN! DO WHAT THE rear end in a top hat WHO INJECTED/INFECTED YOU SAYS!" to let you know what's expected of you (Vampire Thralls, Syndicate Implants, that sort of thing).

I've been beaten within an inch of my life for having the audacity to stand in the same room as the head of security, with said head receiving no repercussions. So there's that.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

All polymorphs can be cured by satanic pacts. As long as the chaplain can make you sign the paper you can make your way back to human.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

iirc, the LLJK servers were originally in the UK and then moved to the US a few years back.

It'll be this then, definitely not some bitcoin poo poo, my pc is fine :L

Haine
Dec 14, 2007

SPACE STATION 13
A
SERIOUS GAME
ABOUT
SERIOUS ATMOSPHERICS SIMULATION
and birds

Triggerhappypilot posted:

You're more than welcome to take revenge, if you can manage it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I had some nice rounds as Roboticist yesterday. Remove all light stripes but one, set up an operating space, steal all the chems you need, and then butcher everything you come across.

Surprisingly I got a few people who wanted heavy augmentation.

More of that please.

And of course playing the AI during a Clowne spider round with VOX.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
I think i'm going to be miner and actually mine stuff for robotics next time. You can make some cool poo poo, right?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Barent posted:

I think i'm going to be miner and actually mine stuff for robotics next time. You can make some cool poo poo, right?

Robotics has some cool upgrades either for robots that may just go rogue or laser eyes for a traitor. It's fun for everyone!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

When I play Roboticist I just end up making buttbots and maybe an AI frame :shrug: Maybe I'll try borging corpses or augmenting people next time.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've also been killed as a changeling for buying blood bags, when the guy had no proof I was a changeling. I'm not robust so he just killed me.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

I've also been killed as a changeling for buying blood bags, when the guy had no proof I was a changeling. I'm not robust so he just killed me.

Adminhelp that poo poo.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

A friendly reminder about admin helps: most of the time, we can't answer the question "was that guy who just turbofucked me a tater" just in case you come back somehow, or mention it in deadchat to someone who does. Thank you for loving pupkin.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I like roboticist, but the material reclaimers are borked right now so you can't replenish the fabricators without help from mining. And lol nobody ever does mining.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Grizzwold posted:

I like roboticist, but the material reclaimers are borked right now so you can't replenish the fabricators without help from mining. And lol nobody ever does mining.

And even WITH mining its still borked. You can get anywhere between 1 and 10 material from an ore, gem, or mineral.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Ask me about getting banned from for two hours from Colonial Marines for having too "unrealistic" of a name. Like I know how VPN's work, are you trying to get Adolf Stalins running around on your server, because this is how you get that.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

PopeCrunch posted:

A friendly reminder about admin helps: most of the time, we can't answer the question "was that guy who just turbofucked me a tater" just in case you come back somehow, or mention it in deadchat to someone who does. Thank you for loving pupkin.

Seriously tho it isn't that hard to figure out just follow him around as a ghost and if he keeps getting away with nefarious poo poo he's probably evil.

Edit

dylguy90 posted:

Ask me about getting banned from for two hours from Colonial Marines for having too "unrealistic" of a name. Like I know how VPN's work, are you trying to get Adolf Stalins running around on your server, because this is how you get that.

That's nothin! I got banned from this very goonserver for using the name bonghits4jesus while doing pacifist runs back in '10!

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Seriously tho it isn't that hard to figure out just follow him around as a ghost and if he keeps getting away with nefarious poo poo he's probably evil.

Edit

That's nothin! I got banned from this very goonserver for using the name bonghits4jesus while doing pacifist runs back in '10!

I ran around as Dick Nipples for the longest time.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

frodnonnag posted:

I ran around as Dick Nipples for the longest time.

I think that was before we started to really get the innuendo-stopping in gear. And to be fair you've also been banned more than most.

It was also entertaining to watch you and lord_doom have epic grief fights ranging across the entire station from round to round, during the heady early donut1 days.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

dylguy90 posted:

I got yelled at for the exact opposite reason, the name "Johnny Footballs" was too realistic.

No, really, they claimed it was too close to this guy's nickname:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Manziel

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Hahaha, I had to change mine like twice because I kept accidently choosing minor celebrities, then finally got banned bc the name I came up with was too "unrealistic".

On the plus side I finally got motivated to get a vpn and learn how to bypass most bans. Apparently SS13 has a pretty robust system that is nevertheless easily spoofable, since lol gently caress trying to actually keep track of a person on the internet.

The funniest thing about all this was I was originally just trying to play nice, but now screw it, I have unlimited power, time to see how potassium bombs in the dropship go over (hopefully they kill more aliens than teammates but v0v). Idk I'm not actually that bitter, it's just hilarious to me how zealously the admins on that server enforce the dumbest poo poo.

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 27, 2017

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
If you're gonna tell tales from other servers, make them funny ones. There've been an awful lot of "I didn't read the rules and got banned by those lovely uptight pricks who didn't appreciate my brilliance, not that I really care or anything, I don't need them, it has absolutely nothing to do with why I'm downloading a VPN client so I can grief them in revenge like an angry thirteen-year-old" tales lately.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Oh, I didn't know that. Just sharing my experiences, didn't mean to set you off :shrug:

Also, it's just interesting to me what a difference it makes playing under the watchful eye of a trigger happy admin vs just doing what you want. I think that's pretty interesting, but you know, there's always a block button if you simply cannot afford to witness another person poo poo talking the ss13 admin culture.

S w a y z e fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 27, 2017

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
No matter how ridiculous you find a particular server's rules, receiving a two-hour ban and immediately jumping to 'lol time to griff' is unlikely to make you well-received anywhere in the general SS13 community.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Did you miss the part where I said I wouldn't seriously do that? I don't enjoy creating a lovely gameplay environment for people - I think you're kinda jumping to conclusions here.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

dylguy90 posted:

Did you miss the part where I said I wouldn't seriously do that? I don't enjoy creating a lovely gameplay environment for people - I think you're kinda jumping to conclusions here.

don't sweat it too much the ss13 community is just as twitchy and rabid as you'd imagine.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Barent posted:

You can, yes. From super heavy reinforced cyborgs to mechanical men, with treads, cyberbutt, cyerbheart and cyberarms. It is quite amazing. There are also some useful upgrades in unlocked fabricators. If you need metal in a pinch, there are always a few sheets in the maintenance area. And a full cyborg crate in the derilict engineering space to the left of QM.

Usually you will also be the last sane entity in the medbay standing, and there are always people in need of surgery.

And if you happily offer services to anybody, the traitor will probably kill you last. Just make sure to give the AI a shiny new Cyborg with all the dodads you can slap, to win it's favour. This will usually keep you alive to think of a plan.

Also, make sure to grab a box of red light strips and outfit your operating room to give it a proper feeling.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

On a funnier note, I just learned that setting your signal bombs you have rigged up under the entire forward operating base off by only a single digit is a really bad idea. Apparently someone else found a radio and just decided to go clicking around. I think I just accidently tked... 15 people?

It's ok, rounds are only three hours!

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Michaellaneous posted:

You can, yes. From super heavy reinforced cyborgs to mechanical men, with treads, cyberbutt, cyerbheart and cyberarms. It is quite amazing. There are also some useful upgrades in unlocked fabricators. If you need metal in a pinch, there are always a few sheets in the maintenance area. And a full cyborg crate in the derilict engineering space to the left of QM.

Usually you will also be the last sane entity in the medbay standing, and there are always people in need of surgery.

And if you happily offer services to anybody, the traitor will probably kill you last. Just make sure to give the AI a shiny new Cyborg with all the dodads you can slap, to win it's favour. This will usually keep you alive to think of a plan.

Also, make sure to grab a box of red light strips and outfit your operating room to give it a proper feeling.

On that note, how am I supposed to use prosthetic laser eyes, I managed to get myself some erebite one round and made them, but they don't do anything different from regular eyes from what I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

iirc click the ability button on the bottom left of your item bar to switch to all the cool things you can do.