Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

more games need to take place in the way-out parts of america instead of new york / LA / etc.
The what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

The alt right is mad

Far Cry 3 fans.

edit: wrong quote.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

gently caress anyone who whines about how it's wrong to fantasize about killing white trash fuckheads.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

more games need to take place in the way-out parts of america instead of new york / LA / etc.

Agreed, the U.S. has some truly spectacular vistas and locales that'd make for great gameplay setpieces.

The Southwest alone is basically home to nearly every biome except for jungles.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Let us English posted:

I was kinda bummed because Montana culture is crazy hosed up and I hoped to see some sick burns. Now it'll be jokes at the expense of out of state arrivals, which I grew up hearing constantly.

"drat coastal elites stealing our land" *votes said coastal elites into Congress*

i love my tecch bro and asian touristy j-hole

also last time near old faithful was a shitton of people saying the god drat stupidest poo poo, it was almost mindblowing. not to mention all the idiots putting them or their kids in danger,

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/culture/yellowstone-rangers-walk-off-job-in-protest-of-tourist-stupidity satire but lmao thats seriously the kind of poo poo people do

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 27, 2017

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
Don't forget to pre-order FAR CRY 5 © from GameStop! Get the official PRIMA GAMES © guide which comes with a free "gently caress TRUMP" fold-out wall poster and a packet of peanut butter & jelly GAMER GRUB © snack blisters.

B. Birdsworth fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 27, 2017

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh
Watching the trailer something sticks out. The in-game towns clearly look like the Pacific-Northwest or western Montana. Yet, all the promo material was shot in Eastern Montana in Big Sky country. I know it probably doesn't make a difference to most people, but there is a night and day difference in culture and geography on either side of the continental divide. The crazies on the west side are neo-nazis and the crazies on the right are Freeman militia types. I guess they're the same thing these days though.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Let us English posted:

Watching the trailer something sticks out. The in-game towns clearly look like the Pacific-Northwest or western Montana. Yet, all the promo material was shot in Eastern Montana in Big Sky country. I know it probably doesn't make a difference to most people, but there is a night and day difference in culture and geography on either side of the continental divide. The crazies on the west side are neo-nazis and the crazies on the right are Freeman militia types. I guess they're the same thing these days though.
It's funny that you expected them to get regional Montanan culture correct

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Alan Wake owns

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

also genuinely lol at coward publishers insisting on multicultural american christofascism. not Gauuhh!! Why or gently caress Yeah. Good, just genuinely lol

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

HAT FETISH posted:

also genuinely lol at coward publishers insisting on multicultural american christofascism. not Gauuhh!! Why or gently caress Yeah. Good, just genuinely lol
:confused:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Just Lol at the penal establishment pushing out geopolitics western eveningwear monopolylogue. Hunnggghhhhh! HUnggghhh!! Oof Oof Oof Oof Uuuiaaaahhhh OH OH OH AAAUUGH lol

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

Just Lol at the penal establishment pushing out geopolitics western eveningwear monopolylogue. Hunnggghhhhh! HUnggghhh!! Oof Oof Oof Oof Uuuiaaaahhhh OH OH OH AAAUUGH lol
Melt nicedown

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

HAT FETISH posted:

Melt nicedown
take it to AI bud

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

a hole-y ghost posted:

Gotta make sure you're shooting the right kind of nazi.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

take it to AI bud
Dice neltmown

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Let us English posted:

Gotta make sure you're shooting the right kind of nazi.
They probably looked up Montana on Know Your Meme and saw that it means mountain in spanish and so they just put a mountain into the games backgroudn and then google image searched americaine with big beard peu peu and saw this

and made 3d models of the hipsters that came up and thats as far as their thought process went as far as making it into multicultural christofascism like the other guy said.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

B. Birdsworth posted:

Don't forget to pre-order FAR CRY 5 © from GameStop! Get the official PRIMA GAMES © guide which comes with a free "gently caress TRUMP" fold-out wall poster and a packet of peanut butter & jelly GAMER GRUB © snack blisters.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Uncle Wemus posted:

The alt right is mad

Someone please ask what they thought about Mafia 3, that game had a lot of white assholes that got killed real good

a hole-y ghost posted:

Is regional montanan culture a actual thing

HAT FETISH posted:

what :thunk:

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 10:44 on May 27, 2017

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Uncle Wemus posted:

The alt right is mad
Are they? I mean, I wouldn't be especially surprised, but I haven't actually seen any response, just people expecting one.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

"we can't have our montana jesus death cult be 100% white" is peak liberal-late-capitalist hilarity

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

HAT FETISH posted:

"we can't have our montana jesus death cult be 100% white" is peak liberal-late-capitalist hilarity

it 2017 dude just because someone wants to murder in the name of they god doesnt mean that theyre racist even the mormons came around on that one

hell i bet some of them are okay with gays now too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a hole-y ghost posted:

They probably looked up Montana on Know Your Meme and saw that it means mountain in spanish and so they just put a mountain into the games backgroudn and then google image searched americaine with big beard peu peu and saw this

and made 3d models of the hipsters that came up and thats as far as their thought process went as far as making it into multicultural christofascism like the other guy said.

Ha makes sense

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

HAT FETISH posted:

Dice neltmown

Dilf nightgown

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the best part about this game is how its going to be a very thin, shallow re-creation of the e3 demo of this game and have little if nothing shown during that demo in the final retail product

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

agreed. there are rumors that the next GTA takes place in Houston, or maybe just all of Texas, which would be interesting

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Resist! by virtually killing Trump supporters

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Strudel Man posted:

Are they? I mean, I wouldn't be especially surprised, but I haven't actually seen any response, just people expecting one.

"Expecting a response from <blank>", that will piss them off!" is honestly is bigger then an actually response now. Its like a secondary hype for the game instead of just the hype for the game.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Let us English posted:

Maybe the west coast nazis migrated and overtook the local preppers with their superior firepower and organisational skills

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Earwicker posted:

agreed. there are rumors that the next GTA takes place in Houston, or maybe just all of Texas, which would be interesting
that would be loving awesome

it's a perfect setting for it

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Xaris posted:

i love my tecch bro and asian touristy j-hole

also last time near old faithful was a shitton of people saying the god drat stupidest poo poo, it was almost mindblowing. not to mention all the idiots putting them or their kids in danger,

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/culture/yellowstone-rangers-walk-off-job-in-protest-of-tourist-stupidity satire but lmao thats seriously the kind of poo poo people do

Lol I went to Yellowstone and couldn't believe how loving true all of this is. I saw people approaching a mother moose and her calf, walking up to buffalo and trying to encircle a bear.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, they are waving actual crosses around though, are they not Christians then?

That's dumb, it's Bioshock Infinite all over again. I'll admit, I'm also disappointed; if they wanted to make an interesting statement, having "bad people killing in Christ's name" as a premise would be something a lot of people can relate to.

But no, just shallow trappings to sell a game that's likely nothing more than a remake of the previous game.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

gently caress anyone who whines about how it's wrong to fantasize about killing white trash fuckheads.

:same:

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wait, they are waving actual crosses around though, are they not Christians then?

That's dumb, it's Bioshock Infinite all over again. I'll admit, I'm also disappointed; if they wanted to make an interesting statement, having "bad people killing in Christ's name" as a premise would be something a lot of people can relate to.

But no, just shallow trappings to sell a game that's likely nothing more than a remake of the previous game.

As soon as they stopped me from stoning the interracial couple I knew it was going to be a bad game.

This will also be a bad game, like the other, far crys

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQns0OdXdH4

original far cry is the best far cry. but gently caress that last volcano level. rocket trigens were the worst.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Original FarCry was good until your main enemy became monstermonkeys or whatever

I think that complaint stuck with them too because all the other farcrys didn't really have a mad scientist creating monster apes and stuff and instead we just got endless droves of mercs

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

But I think monstrous enemies and weird stuff would be fun nowadays. It's boring to shoot mercs all the time

Give me fuckin aliens and the monster from Predator hunting the jungles

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Fartbox posted:

Original FarCry was good until your main enemy became monstermonkeys or whatever

I think that complaint stuck with them too because all the other farcrys didn't really have a mad scientist creating monster apes and stuff and instead we just got endless droves of mercs

Much like how every video I've ever seen of the first Crises game is just loving with North Koreans.

Fartbox posted:

But I think monstrous enemies and weird stuff would be fun nowadays. It's boring to shoot mercs all the time

Give me fuckin aliens and the monster from Predator hunting the jungles

New Order did a pretty good job of balancing the amount of weird nonhuman enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

New Order was good. Are they making a sequel? It did okay didn't it?

• Locked thread