Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

NOT PROUD?! :frogout:

I will come to your country and steal all your women like my ancestors did for that slight, you half-blood. TIL VALHALL! :black101:

But seriously the old logo was better.

We do celebrate May 17 in Hong Kong, so maybe you can convince the local business community into a hostile takeover and land sale of a local village near the Norwegian International School for a parade ground... (They still celebrate with 0 Norwegians in the school, but I'm not sure there' a yearly march anymore anywhere.)

You really think the yellow yoke/upside down Omega on a blue background was better? All it said was gasoline and offshore platforms/wealth from the sea.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Where you getting 40 million from? Are you psychic on how much we're going to be blowing up on an operation? Because you can't just loving make up numbers, especially since Yooper's told us the operations are not going to be Angola-scale.

if we slack off, they'll loving fire us and hire somebody else. They see workers as loving interchangeable parts.

And really, the fact we're legitimately discussing 'slacking off' as an option tells me we picked the most boringest choice. :colbert:

10 million in mission pay difference, as noted in my post we'll be paid 18-24 over 8-14. The remaining 30 million from Destructobux, which I will admit is a bit optimistic.
We made 60+ million on the high end of the Angola missions. Yooper did say the operations would be smaller, but at the same time we've now got more hardware, so we might be able to compensate somewhat after subtracting for boat CAP. So if we make 40 million on average per mission that'll be a difference of 10 mission pay + 20 million per mission in destruction.

Poor Impulse Control might've allowed us more targets (although the smaller amount of traffic would've impacted that as well), but these would have been difficult and well protected targets.

Slacking off can get us fired, if we do it wrong. The trick is to overachieve and impress and then throttle back to a bit below normal (but acceptable) to provide incentive for bonuses.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

RA Rx posted:

We do celebrate May 17 in Hong Kong, so maybe you can convince the local business community into a hostile takeover and land sale of a local village near the Norwegian International School for a parade ground... (They still celebrate with 0 Norwegians in the school, but I'm not sure there' a yearly march anymore anywhere.)

You really think the yellow yoke/upside down Omega on a blue background was better? All it said was gasoline and offshore platforms/wealth from the sea.

I much prefer the old logo to the retarded star they currently have, yes. Especially considering the new logo was stolen from a local sewing club in Stavanger or something (I am not kidding).

Anyway, voting for Cobbie

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

quote:

Dropbear let loose a string of profanity as her bulky gloves caused her to fumble the screwdriver she was using to tighten the case of the altimeter in her nav station. Whatever Saudi princeling had been flying her and Slightly Mad's Tornado before them had probably never taken it above 10,000 feet, and sure as hell had never flown it in conditions like those at Provd Base, where the cold made instruments stick and fluids freeze up. As a Queenslander she was used to feeling the cold away from home, but this place was literally lethal for the unprotected. The Hayerd-Gunes maintenance crews didn't like her tinkering, but seeing as they were all huddling around a heater in their quarters she figured they could go gently caress themselves. About the only good thing about the gig with Mitsuhashi so far was that the money kept coming on time - the quarters, the food and the attitude they gave their contractors were all basically an insult. She briefly considered what her grandfather would have thought about her going to work for 'the loving Japs' but considering the old bastard had never been closer to Japan than the northern suburbs of Brisbane before driving into oncoming traffic while drunk she decided he could go spin in his grave. She swore again as her parka snagged on an exposed screw. This was shaping up to be a long deployment

slightlymad, we need nose art. I suggest a bloody-mouthed koala in a straitjacket

edit:

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 27, 2017

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Zack because we can saturate the area with drones and hopefully get up to date satellite maps for boat movement.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Our Mitsuhashi Corporate Liasion is Hideo Matsuzaka. He's very excited to see how a PMC will put the Toyota method into process during a military operation. I haven't told him most people used the book as toilet paper once we went through the Mitsuhashi provided "3 sheets for quality" toilet paper.The last of our gear is in Provd, and just in time as some nasty weather has everything grounded. There's a Dutch Naval PMC operating out of Lavrentinya. I spoke with them on the radio but I had no loving idea what they were saying. Jack has been out of touch for awhile as he settles back in to Zurich.

We have access to the Mitsuhashi Intranet and Quality Training System. So our updates will come through that. Actually the only real contact we're having is Hideo and that quality system. Most everyone in theater is fishing and support personnel. The shots are being called down in Osaka. This is all a bit odd after how hands on the Count was. Hideo said it's called shitsuke. I looked it up in the book and it seems kind of useful.

On the downside we've been charged leasing fees for our ordnance and they have fourteen guys in funny yellow hats standing guard with safety flagging around it. How they can preach efficiency on one hand and be that retarded on the other is beyond me.

Here's our current work order. It's not much different than the one the maintenance guys, or fisherman, get.

And I'm off hiking in a couple hours. Seeya guys then!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Well, we get to fly over fishing boats until we're told to massacre natives.

Doge chose wrong.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Yooper posted:

There's a Dutch Naval PMC operating out of Lavrentinya. I spoke with them on the radio but I had no loving idea what they were saying.

Never fear for a Dutch man is here! Any communications can go through me, as long as they don't speak frysian.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Two things lessen the sting of working for the corporate overlords:
*the natives are private deporters, which is a good enough reason to tell them to gently caress off. I don't need no Inuit to tell me how Mexicans are stealing their seal clubbing jobs.
*I Tapco is nostalgic about Japan and all the weird work practices. Be prepared to see everything printed out in multiple copies and old farts carrying out such honourable tasks like "waving yellow danger flags near work areas." Japan is hilarious.

Pissing off Nugent is not choking the Koch brothers to death, but we have to start somewhere.

I vote Cyb3r Wh1zz4rd. We're in some high tech poo poo now, and we don't need any collar popping CIA douchebags. The hacker at least knows that internet is for MMOs, and not a venue to play poker when you're too yellow bellied to look a real man in the eyes.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Ugh gently caress these guys. I feel like the only thing that hasn't already driven me insane is the fact that they're a Japanese megacorp instead of an American megacorp so there's some cultural insulation. Whatever, I'll suffer through their bullshit for the kind of pay they're offering. For now.

Still keeping the "blow up their poo poo while we defect to the BSNC" card in my back pocket for if we ever need it, though.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I want to say Zack because Clancy but...
phyber because I want to see if he can hack Mitsubishi and remove all "leverage", pathetic as it is, that they might wave at us

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Zack!

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

I love Mitsuhashi. :allears:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
And so, we're working for a proper cyberpunk megacorp. Hope you kids don't get overworked to death in true salaryman fashion.

As for our new employee, we'll go with the greybeard arch-wizard. Maybe we can get some leverage by him so we won't get hosed by our employer.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 27, 2017

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ah, Mitsuhashi seems just like my current employer.

Also, voting Cobbie. gently caress techbros.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Oh hey it's a standard CAP. Nice.

Maybe ye might want to include a couple AShM haulers in the plan just in case?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Joke's on you, Tapco is on the back of the list. Can't overwork someone who doesn't work.

If you need him, he'll be playing boardgames with the girlfriend in their shipping container home.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Dance Officer posted:

Never fear for a Dutch man is here! Any communications can go through me, as long as they don't speak frysian.

Isn't fris just half English half Dutch though?

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Missed the theater choice, but I'm happy with One Dog One Vote. Hire Cobbie.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Slaan posted:

Isn't fris just half English half Dutch though?

The Frisian that is spoken today is an offshoot language of the Anglo-Saxon Old English spoken by the settlers who came to Frisia in the 7th century, mixed with the Dutch that came to be the language of government in Frysian lands.

I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be intelligible for any English speakers today.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I dunno, a lot of Frisian just sounds like a very very drunk Yorkshire man. Listening to it, I can pick up maybe a little over half to three quarters of the words, enough to get the general gist of whatever someone's saying. I speak German as a second language, though, that probably helps quite a lot.

Also, this dude went to Friesland and bought a cow by speaking (old) English.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeC1yAaWG34

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 27, 2017

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Quinntan posted:

Probably. Maybe some recon as well, to visually ID targets and minimize the chances of sinking the wrong civilians.
We have plenty of fighters to spare so let's use them. This will be an opportunity to use something that isn't Gripens.

(Apparently the RBS-15 Gripens carry Meteors as well (unless that's an error in the wiki) so they'd be a perfect reserve though.)

Yooper's likely to throw us a curveball or five so I wouldn't count on this being a standard CAP.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

RandomPauI posted:

Well, we get to fly over fishing boats until we're told to massacre natives.

Doge chose wrong.
Now, now, the Dogge is a good boy. Goons chose wrong.

I mean, seriously, we're being charged loving leasing fees for our munitions, and then told not to fire them unless absolutely necessary. This is gonna be no fun allowed: the campaign.

(Joking, I have faith in Yooper. Doubly so, now I have hands on CMANO itself. Yooper is a friggin' wizard to be able to somehow tame this system, plus wrangle goons).

Quinntan posted:

I don't know, I think our lords and masters might not approve. We've been explicitly told to do CAP, and these guys are very much based upon obedience to instructions. Plus aforementioned leasing fees mean that they're going to be actually costing us money unless we do use them.

You watch, they're going to loving nickel-and-dime us at every opportunity. Those paychecks are going to be lot smaller when we have to spend 'em in the company store just to do our own drat jobs.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

We're so getting fired at some point. Dog chose wrong.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't know, I think our lords and masters might not approve. We've been explicitly told to do CAP, and these guys are very much based upon obedience to instructions. Plus aforementioned leasing fees mean that they're going to be actually costing us money unless we do use them.

You watch, they're going to loving nickel-and-dime us at every opportunity. Those paychecks are going to be lot smaller when we have to spend 'em in the company store just to do our own drat jobs.

The orders are not that explicit. We are to "patrol repair area and discourage attacks on the processing ships." That at first glance looks like a BARCAP, but it's also vague enough to make me suspect there might be something up here.

Coiler121
May 26, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

"patrol repair area and discourage attacks on the processing ships". A few ASM-carriers should be fine as long as they stay in the assigned area. And if no surface threat shows up, we can say that those ASMs were just that discouraging.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

orcbuster posted:

We're so getting fired at some point. Dog chose wrong.

No no no, I think I see what he was getting at now. Joe is a Good Boy who cares about our financial wellbeing, so he hooked us up with Mitsu to get big payouts while turbofucking Iceberg. But he's also set us up to quit before we can get fired and go find new employment, potentially turbofucking Mitsu from the inside while we're at it. Take their money in exchange for killing Ted Nugent like we were gonna do anyways, then either defect to the BSNC or switch theaters when Mitsu starts being too hostile of a work environment.

Joe knows what he's doing, trust in the daugur.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Coiler121 posted:

"patrol repair area and discourage attacks on the processing ships". A few ASM-carriers should be fine as long as they stay in the assigned area. And if no surface threat shows up, we can say that those ASMs were just that discouraging.

I like the way you think.

Also a vote for the hacker as our consultant.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Another idea:

Most of our opponents are going to speak English but if we're listening in on the BSNC we will probably want to hire someone who can understand the native language(s) just in case.
This for example.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
All right, you bunch of jabronis.

First things first, if you like Shadowrun, my screaming fists say you can STUFF IT, brother.

Second, if you enjoy red borscht, particularly in its traditional Polish form with those little dumplings with pierog filler in, then welcome to COOKING WITH THUNDERLIPS, where I'mma tell ya how to make some white borscht.*

You gonna need:

- half a kilo of beef with bone (like ribs or shoulder or poo poo)
- a teaspoon and a half of salt
- some veggies, like celery, carrots, parsley, that kinda jam
- a big onion, one, eating, for the use of
- a hundred grams of smoked kielbasa or smoked bacon
- two bits of dried boleti
- a few peppercorns
- two bay laurel leaves
- five allspice berries
- half a kilo of white kielbasa (you better have a polski sklep near ya, sucker)
- two cloves of garlic
- a tablespoon of grated horseradish
- you can add some (250 ml) fermented rye starter if you know how to make it
- two teaspoons of dried marjoram
- 200g of thick 18%-fat-content sour cream

Take a big pot. Wash the beef, chop it up, dump it into the pot, add three litres of water, salt it, slap a lid on it and cook for half an hour.

Then add the veggies, onion (don't peel the onion), smoked meat, the shrooms, peppercorn, allspice and the bay leaves. Once its nice and bubbly again, there's gonna be some scum on top, so remove that. Turn the heat down, put the lid back on and leave it for another hour.

Throw in the kielbasa and cook for another twenty minutes.

Mash the garlic, then add that and the horseradish. Set everything aside for fifteen minutes, then sieve it into a clean pot. Yes, the veggies and stuff is supposed to stay out. You can make stock out of it if you want.

If you're using the starter, add it now. Heat that poo poo back up, cook and stir for two minutes. Add marjoram, sliced kielbasa, boleti, and whatever meat you have left (just chop it into bits). Season with freshly ground pepper.

Then mix the cream with cold water, add a tablespoon of the soup, mix, add another one, mix, and do that two more times. Four in total. Once you've done that, add the cream mix to the soup pot.

Then just leave it cooking on lowest heat you can until it's where you want it to be. Serve with boiled eggs (SERIOUSLY DO THIS), sourdough bread (or toast, or breadcrumbs and poo poo), I hear white cheese is good as well.

Serves six loving jabronis like you, or two REAL superstars.

Third, The Thunder votes Cobble. Because he's a mean for-profit killing machine. And his ex-wife ain't that tough! A kickboxer? I wonder how she'd do against the THREE TIME Infinite Action Wrestling Heavyweight Champion! She ain't nothing, and she don't stand for nothing, and she's never gonna have a shot at the Cob, because Thunderlips says so!

*DISCLAIMER: I AM BAD AT COOKING and may have misunderstood what was written in the recipe

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Seems like we're gonna need AAW and ASuW patrols along with support. Hopefully there aren't any subs involved!

I'm going Cobbie in the hopes he has some frogmen who can rustle some surface vessels for us.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
As far as I can tell, this is possibly where we are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provideniya_Bay_Airport

I do hope they paved it and added parking. And made it at least 50% longer, because I don't think our tankers are getting in/out of there...

Looks a bit bleak!

https://www.worldweatheronline.com/provideniya-weather/chukot/ru.aspx

Brovine fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 27, 2017

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

100% scientific "looking at the distance between the coords Google Maps gives for the ends of the runway" says ~2500m long, which should be just enough for a butt-clenchingly close takeoff and landing for our tankers. Everything else is fine. Parking might be more of an issue.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provideniya

Such a wonderfully cheerful climate! 3 hours of sunlight a month in December, but nine days of snow. Lows of -37C.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Good thing its summer then!

So is this the Toyota Method they're going on about?

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
I want to give Zack a shot at least once. As for our l33t cyb3rh4ck0r friend, I'm sure we could keep him busy by trash talking his favourite video games or whatever on his usual haunts. :v:

Since I am still a shattered husk of a man I'll be stuck spoiling our assitant's* dog I guess!

*Or whatever Yooper's IC role is, I forgot

Tevery Best posted:

All right, you bunch of jabronis.

This is magical. :allears:

And if our ground merc component has petered out during THUNDERDOME, that's a crying shame.

Digging Statoil's Viking Division. Do they go all in on the stereotypical viking imagery?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That is in fact the "Toyota Method" they're talking about. I'm curious to see how deep the dumb corporate culture shenanigans rabbit hole goes with Mitsuhashi.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Soup Inspector posted:

That is in fact the "Toyota Method" they're talking about. I'm curious to see how deep the dumb corporate culture shenanigans rabbit hole goes with Mitsuhashi.

I thought it was this so I was extremely confused why they would make us do this,

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That looks to be the same thing, just phrased/translated differently.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The Toyota Principles might be good, but one thread in one dead comedy forum has convinced me that Lean (Six Sigma) has no place in the military. That said,

Enjoy your muda!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Its ok guys, we can work with this drek. Just gotta adapt it to our corporate culture.

quote:

Section II — The Right Process Will Produce the Right Results

*scribble*

pre:
                         BOMB
Section II — The Right Process Will Produce the Right Results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
The Toyota method isn't too bad apart from the corporate buzzwords.

(Just wait until the WARCRIMES faction adopts the Toyota method.)