Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

SHAAAAUUUNNNNN

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sappo569 posted:

Someone explain to me how something that was slated to be finished a week ago can need 2 more weeks of work

Sure delays and all that but it's just comical at this point that they're literally pushing the pin further down the calendar each week

Does absolutely no one at this 150 million dollar company know how to manage a project

And really they had a firm hard and fast schedule with all the important things on the list , now they're cutting some things they deemed not important to 3.0, and adding others because they either think it will be cool or is critical to have other things work how have they not realized this week's and months ago ? What the flying gently caress

I'm behind!

But the reason is that it's part of the whale milking system. It's always "almost done" and "days not weeks or months" and when it's passed, it's "we just needed a few more days" before they internally scrap it and nobody sees anything from it. Because reasons.

So, yes. Eventually they will make something because it's sort of inevitable after over half a decade, but it'll be a thing of beauty.

Looking forward to the release! :allears:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cig is more reliant on whale secretions than the world of dishonored

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

Nobody ever been called a sexist pig who said they liked Bill Murray

Go on, try it, tell any woman you please that you think Bill Murray is the poo poo. She will immediately agree

I immediately agree.

Also the original Ghostbusters was better.

:shrug:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

alf_pogs posted:

cig is more reliant on whale secretions than the world of dishonored

:drat:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

What exactly does he mean when he says "you backed the wrong horse" if you didn't give CIG money or got a refund?

It's like absolutely everyone 'has' to have thrown money at either SC and SC only or, some other game and that other game only. :shrug:

When he realises that you don't actually have to throw money at CIG to enable the option of having a valid opinion one way or t'other, he's going to loving freak the gently caress out and poo poo his crotchless knickers. :doh:

I haven't paid anything yet either.

Technically I should be a "potential customer", but before I buy I need to see proof of delivery. Heck, I bought some other early access junk, but it's stuff that looks like it will be a thing, and that isn't surrounded by a community of hatred.

If I bought the game, and had a question, what would happen to me?

What if I asked "Hey guys, when is trading going to be a thing?"

Or "Heya! Anybody know when we'll be able to buy these ships for in game money?"

Or "Loving the game, but it's kinda empty. Any idea when my hangar will be connected to the game? I saw some really neat videos about it years ago!"

Or heaven forbid "Hello! So I saw a ton of pictures and videos about planet side bases. Any idea how I land on a planet to visit bases and build my own?"

Know what would happen?

Of course you do.

This is 99% of the reason why I'm not going to buy into this game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pharohman777 posted:

And do the tweets out of order as well.

Tweet 665543344555/666533456677655
and then I said in my July missive regarding the

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The number of tweets is the binary equivalent of "Two Weeks"

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Look at the FAQ on the sidebar. these pointless questions shouldn't be asked here --MrHerpDerp

"Heya! Anybody know when we'll be able to buy these ships for in game money?"

It's better to buy a ship now as it will actually be cheaper in the long run, plus you're supporting the game's development. --Valkryient/Agent_Mothman/obey-the-fist/Cymelion/Boredgamer/GrayHeadedGamer/Lethality

"Loving the game, but it's kinda empty. Any idea when my hangar will be connected to the game? I saw some really neat videos about it years ago!"

This is a troll, downvote and move on. --wreckage88

"Hello! So I saw a ton of pictures and videos about planet side bases. Any idea how I land on a planet to visit bases and build my own?"

gently caress you, look on youtube and watch the thousands of hours of endless nonsense CIG has put out that I have watched so obviously you should have too; also you're an idiot and gently caress you --stupid_question_bot

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Skellybones posted:

Is the neck supposed to be uncovered?

Space is only kinda space. The deathly vacuum is pretty cool and nice so long as you have your motorcycle helmet on. M

This is why Garriott tried to school Roberts about space before and failed. Reality is just another mans opinion.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fully agree! :shobon:

They saw one jpeg and got another jpeg.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

That's a lot of duct tape.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

That's just the facial expression I would expect a child of a SC fanatic to have.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Really bad at img doctoring, but I tried. :shobon:

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Hobold posted:

:golfclap:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

Right now the narrative in reddit is that 3.0 has *more* features than promised

Look at that list of features that they have added to the new 3.0! Never underestimate those guys.

This is a good list!

Planetary tech: it's a separate CryEngine level

Basic professions: I can be a miner in SMB, or a warrior, or a whatever I imagine. It's imagination yay!

Surface outposts: they put a 3D model of a base in the CryEngine map for the surface

Derelict ships: Added extra junk in their single space instance

Expanded item 2.0: what the gently caress is item 2.0 vs 1.0 exactly???

Stamina: a bar on a timer that has existed since games began. Yay?

Mega map: what is this? An extra solar system to navigate to? Otherwise... what is it?

Subsumption base functionality: what you smoking bro? What do you even think this means?

Character customization: something that will destroy all of their mocap unless it's just a "modify you face" simulator that even poo poo like Oblivion had. (PS: Oblivion was 100% finished in about 5 years and released on multiple platforms)

Atmospheric entry: a loading screen between the space level and the land level

Volumetric fog: a bulletpoint for this? Are we competing with real games of 2017 or Tomb Raider 1 the PS release?

Environment probe: uhhh... good?

Engine trails & contrails: nobody even loving cares about this

Physically based area lights: great. They have dynamic Omni lights or spotlights now. Nobody cares

Dozens of new guns and rifles: art is not where cig can't deliver, dumbass

Things not mentioned :

Trade
Buying ships with your money
MMO like environment with >50 players in a world
Piracy abilities
Mining
Your big expensive capital ships
Landing a ship on another ship
Traveling to another solar system

There's more, but I feel like this is the list of things people actually want that could resemble something of an actual vertical slice.

Maybe 5.0 in 2020 will finally be the vertical slice we've all been waiting for?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hobold posted:

Good enough IMO.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

nawledgelambo posted:

Look at the FAQ on the sidebar. these pointless questions shouldn't be asked here --MrHerpDerp

"Heya! Anybody know when we'll be able to buy these ships for in game money?"

It's better to buy a ship now as it will actually be cheaper in the long run, plus you're supporting the game's development. --Valkryient/Agent_Mothman/obey-the-fist/Cymelion/Boredgamer/GrayHeadedGamer/Lethality

"Loving the game, but it's kinda empty. Any idea when my hangar will be connected to the game? I saw some really neat videos about it years ago!"

This is a troll, downvote and move on. --wreckage88

"Hello! So I saw a ton of pictures and videos about planet side bases. Any idea how I land on a planet to visit bases and build my own?"

gently caress you, look on youtube and watch the thousands of hours of endless nonsense CIG has put out that I have watched so obviously you should have too; also you're an idiot and gently caress you --stupid_question_bot

And this is exactly what would happen. :(

And people wonder why CIG closed their forum and hid it from the public, hoping and praying people would just lap up the beautiful marketing material and not discover the reality of the game or its hideous community before pushing "Buy/Pledge".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hobold posted:

Looks good to me, friend. :hfive:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

peter gabriel posted:

SHAAAAUUUNNNNN

I'm so loving disappointed in my life that I get this reference.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

What's the problem they clearly have the body ready and the fire is going to make the combustion engine run more efficiently, and once they get into the Lumberyard things will really get roaring.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Ask them their opinion on Elite Dangerous.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Has anyone said "Crymelion"? :reddit: or "Shart Shitizen"?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

VealCutlet posted:

Has anyone said "Crymelion"? :reddit: or "Shart Shitizen"?

No you're the first, congrats

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

TheLastRoboKy posted:

What's the problem they clearly have the body ready and the fire is going to make the combustion engine run more efficiently, and once they get into the Lumberyard things will really get roaring.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Foo Diddley posted:

No you're the first, congrats

Sweeeeeet

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Please stop doxxing Arfjason and start calling your parents.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

The Titanic posted:

I immediately agree.

Also the original Ghostbusters was better.

:shrug:

It was. But I'm going to tell you a secret. Come closer. Closer...

You can still like both of them. It's ok.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
Bonus secret: Some people even dislike one of them without making it about gender politics. It's true!

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Hobold posted:

woah how do i join???

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I feel grief.

Foo Diddley