Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Sidenote, love Black Marble. More coldwaveish though.

Really fun guys live too. It seems like everything was broken when they were first trying to start their show in Toronto late last year, but they were just hysterical about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
https://youtu.be/UQTuzUYD58I

KMFDM DOIN that thing they do every now and then.

My $0.02:

- SK can't sing for poo poo, no matter how much autotune he uses.
- Guitars not crunchy enough; beats not harsh enough. PSB's (really good) last couple of albums sound more 'dustrial than KMFDM in TYOOL 2017.
- Really happy to see Brute!'s artwork getting a 21st century treatment. Always wondered why he didn't go full [as]!
- Holy poo poo, I'm amazed at how NOT excited at all I am about KMFDM.

edit: after listening to it a couple of times with actual headphones instead of $2 ones, it's not so bad; it's just lackluster. I guess I'll just go back to the neofolk thread and stab myself in the face with a Pepe pin.

Future Days fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 23, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Future Days posted:

https://youtu.be/UQTuzUYD58I

KMFDM DOIN that thing they do every now and then.

My $0.02:

- SK can't sing for poo poo, no matter how much autotune he uses.
- Guitars not crunchy enough; beats not harsh enough. PSB's (really good) last couple of albums sound more 'dustrial than KMFDM in TYOOL 2017.
- Really happy to see Brute!'s artwork getting a 21st century treatment. Always wondered why he didn't go full [as]!
- Holy poo poo, I'm amazed at how NOT excited at all I am about KMFDM.

edit: after listening to it a couple of times with actual headphones instead of $2 ones, it's not so bad; it's just lackluster. I guess I'll just go back to the neofolk thread and stab myself in the face with a Pepe pin.

I am more surprised to not hear Lucia anywhere on this track, I can't really tell if she is even layered in the chorus?

edit: 2nd listen the guitars sound really loving bad, they need to upgrade to some AxeFX rigs or something.

Photex fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 23, 2017

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

Photex posted:

edit: 2nd listen the guitars sound really loving bad, they need to upgrade to some AxeFX rigs or something.

Sascha's usually really good at mixing his own tracks, so I found it pretty odd. Is it just me or do the vocals sound louder than the rest of the track? Makes the beat and guitars sound p weak.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So I went and saw Iris and Assemblage 23 last week at Convergence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sOKQf9H_tk

Then during the Iris set, Frank Spinath of Seabound came out and sang "Beyond the Gate" by Edge of Dawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKekr52Lc4

Then later I talked with Spinath for a bit about his new album Lionhearts which is coming out this week, and he was really awesome and friendly.

:3:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 24, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Future Days posted:

Sascha's usually really good at mixing his own tracks, so I found it pretty odd. Is it just me or do the vocals sound louder than the rest of the track? Makes the beat and guitars sound p weak.

when he says HELL YEAH during the chorus it's definitely bordering on clipping.

edit: just saw this this morning

Photex fucked around with this message at 11:45 on May 24, 2017

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Ya blew it

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
Goddamnit.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
An acquaintance of mine was recently hired by NSK to release a print for Laibach. It looks super slick and thought it was worth sharing here.

If anyone's interested in seeing more photos, or buying one for themselves, they're sold here. I would love one for myself, but I can't afford it.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
300 bux for a 24" cotton rag with paint on it? I guess I see now why people get annoyed by Laibach.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tias posted:

300 bux for a 24" cotton rag with paint on it? I guess I see now why people get annoyed by Laibach.

Very high-quality, limited prints are expensive. I wouldn't buy it because I have no money or interest in such items and I also don't like that design.

Also, the new KMFDM is whatever.

Tias
May 25, 2008

As a former print technician, let me assure you that they are asking( at least!) triple the production costs in this case.

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH
Take it up with management at serigraph. They are the ones who decided on pricing. Not the dude i know who made the prints, or Laibach. It is a bummer that they chose to price it like that, but as a fan of Laibach, I thought sharing it here would be nice. I happen to like the artwork.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Tias posted:

Its 500 bux now yo

not very laibach

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tias posted:

As a former print technician, let me assure you that they are asking( at least!) triple the production costs in this case.

Yes, isn't that how you make a profit? Especially with items that have a limited buyer base.

Biomute posted:

Its 500 bux now yo

not very laibach

lol, right http://wtc.laibach.org/laibach-kunst/

They've sold this stuff at these prices for ages, more or less ever since their online store opened iirc.

I'm not trying to say Laibach can do no wrong, but if they want to sell art prints at ludicrous prices, why is it a problem? I really don't care either way. I wouldn't buy any of it anyway.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I want this

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also I heard there's a new High-Functioning Flesh album on the way. That's gonna be good. :getin:

Tias
May 25, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Also I heard there's a new High-Functioning Flesh album on the way. That's gonna be good. :getin:

HFF played my small Danish town on wednesday, I didn't go because I had RPG. Tell me how bad I hosed up? :(

W424
Oct 21, 2010

Tias posted:

HFF played my small Danish town on wednesday, I didn't go because I had RPG. Tell me how bad I hosed up? :(

You hosed up mighty bigly.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hosed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Ds4vO34U0&t=1022s

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 29, 2017

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Oh crap, apparently they just had a show here and I did not notice...

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So both The Birthday Massacre and PIG dropped the (same) drummer for being racist. Don't know the details but drat it must've been pretty bad.

I'm gonna go see both this summer. The first so I can get in touch with my secret kinself which is a teenage girl who had an accident at the exploding Hot Topic warehouse, and PIG because :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlIZkZTx8R4

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also this owns: https://ovtergod.bandcamp.com/album/kvlt-life

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Ah didn't know Birthday Massacre dumped him. I saw them getting a shitload of flack for keeping him on, and saw Chibi post that dropping him immediately was logistically difficult.

Best case scenario the guy is a massive adult edgelord who doesn't understand that "ironic racism" is still racism.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

teethgrinder posted:

Best case scenario the guy is a massive adult edgelord who doesn't understand that "ironic racism" is still racism.

It was this. When called out on his blackface poo poo and his distasteful jokes and photoshops, instead of saying "ok, sorry, I understand it offended people and I'll cut it out. Here's what I was trying to do" Letz doubled down, saying IT WAS JUST A JOKE BRO and talking about freedom of expression, being an ~artist~ and a nice guy and how people shouldn't be offended. Looks like both PIG and TBM dropping him has made him reconsider his stance and reflect on his actions, though, so that's nice.

Of course, his/Combichrist fans are still absolute garbage.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

Y'all just a bunch of [TRIGGERED] snowflakes!

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Future Days posted:

I mean, there is humor in transgression, but there are a variety of funny ways you can show you want out of jury duty that are more clever and not racist. And the kind of joke you'd tell a friend who knows you and where you are coming from is not the same kind of joke you blast on Twitter.

He just seems dumb all around, but he is a drummer, after all..... (band joke, don't kill me)

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
So the new Funker Vogt, with the bloke from Agonoize singing, is out online and, well - it sounds basically just like Funker Vogt except with a different singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OugPpzEARqA

It turns out, what I really liked about Funker Vogt was Jens' vocals, so I will be listening to The Firm Inc instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6JityC04y8

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

So both The Birthday Massacre and PIG dropped the (same) drummer for being racist. Don't know the details but drat it must've been pretty bad.

I'm gonna go see both this summer. The first so I can get in touch with my secret kinself which is a teenage girl who had an accident at the exploding Hot Topic warehouse, and PIG because :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlIZkZTx8R4

I'm missing TBM because I'm in Europe right now, but on the plus side I'm going to Treffen.

E: That drummer though :smith:

Lead out in cuffs fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 30, 2017

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

The Cleaner posted:

Hey thanks for the tip!! Will definitely look into that one. Looks pretty cool.

You're welcome!

Seriously, you guys and Weird Candle would probably get along pretty well.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

first two songs were ehh, but love the Severed Headsish chord change in "Media"

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
I don't think I've posted in this thread before (uhhh... hi) but my tickets to see 3TEETH arrived and Raymond Watts just announced that Galen Waling is the new drummer for the Prey & Obey tour. :dance:

Edit: Oh this dude is drumming for Julien-K AND Pig. I'm no percussion expert, but is that even sustainable for an entire tour? Seems exhausting.

Whispering Machines fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 31, 2017

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Whispering Machines posted:

I don't think I've posted in this thread before (uhhh... hi) but my tickets to see 3TEETH arrived and Raymond Watts just announced that Galen Waling is the new drummer for the Prey & Obey tour. :dance:

Edit: Oh this dude is drumming for Julien-K AND Pig. I'm no percussion expert, but is that even sustainable for an entire tour? Seems exhausting.

Hi!

Yes, that's the original reason why they hired Joe Letz for the job. Then Letz was exposed as a wanker and thrown out, and since Galen has been the the drummer for PIG before, I guess this was more or less the only choice they had at this point. Hope he doesn't kill himself!

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Future Days posted:

:milk:

I'm probably the millionth person to say this, but if PIG comes near you go see them, Watts is basically immortal and puts on a fantastic show.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Watts is great, like a sleazier J. G. Thirlwell.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'm missing TBM because I'm in Europe right now, but on the plus side I'm going to Treffen.

E: That drummer though :smith:

Frrrk, jealous. I gotta go next year.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Tias posted:

Frrrk, jealous. I gotta go next year.

Yeah, it's pretty unreal. I didn't even know this many people were still into this scene, let alone able to gather in one place. And there is so loving much going on - over a dozen venues running in parallel.

Hope you can make it next year!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
today's album: The Discord by Purple Fog Side, on SkyQode. https://skyqode.bandcamp.com/album/the-discord

It's a Russian band who call themselves goth and play trancy techno pop on an industrial label. All vocal, no instrumentals, showcasing new singer Laly Fox. All her melodies are derivative of Delerium and Sarah McLachlan “Silence”. It basically works though. The slow tracks can get a bit lugubrious, the fast ones are great though. I like this one a lot.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

divabot posted:

today's album: The Discord by Purple Fog Side, on SkyQode. https://skyqode.bandcamp.com/album/the-discord

It's a Russian band who call themselves goth and play trancy techno pop on an industrial label. All vocal, no instrumentals, showcasing new singer Laly Fox. All her melodies are derivative of Delerium and Sarah McLachlan “Silence”. It basically works though. The slow tracks can get a bit lugubrious, the fast ones are great though. I like this one a lot.

This is amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah, it's pretty unreal. I didn't even know this many people were still into this scene, let alone able to gather in one place. And there is so loving much going on - over a dozen venues running in parallel.

Hope you can make it next year!

I've been six years in a row, so no surprise :) Just a lot of things keeping me in my home country over the pentecost :/