Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Y'all need to meet more poly people, jfc. Most of them are just normal people who are into something other people aren't, and when they form healthy relationships they're no more or less annoying than anyone else in a relationship. (And if you want talk about the unhealthy ones, well, that applies to any sort of sexuality.)

Gay worm grandma 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Well now we know Connie's worst-case outcome.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Test Pattern posted:

Well now we know Connie's worst-case outcome.

Tragically, because Steven expected his tears to bring her back, he wasn't sad enough and enough time past that they could never work on her.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Covok posted:

Tragically, because Steven expected his tears to bring her back, he wasn't sad enough and enough time past that they could never work on her.

Alternatively, his tears only work once and since her eyesight got better, they don't work again.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I predict these episodes will be really good!

I've had the most wonderful vision! I saw kidcoelacanth making a funny joke!

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Still waiting for someone to mash up that scene with this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E6aJ3bf5FI

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

QuoProQuid posted:

I think the episode made it clear that Yellow Diamond is responsible for Pink Diamond's death. My baseless guess for motive would be that Rose Quartz convinced Pink Diamond to save the Earth and adopt aspects of it into gem society. Infuriated and terrified of her position being undermined, Yellow Diamond shattered her comrade and framed the rebellion.

Alternatively, Yellow saw Pink's failure to put down the rebellion as a sign of Pink being weak (or even defective) and unable to fulfill her role as a leader of Gem society. Normally Gems that can't perform their duty are shattered and recycled, however to suggest that Diamonds are anything but perfect would completely undermine the structure of Gem society so being upfront about it would not be acceptable. Arranging for Rose Quartz, the leader of the rebellion, to (appear to) shatter Pink Diamond hits two birds with one stone (:v:): it eliminates a "defective" leader and it escalates the war to the point where the use of WMDs to swiftly wrap things up becomes justified. And if everyone thinks Rose (the leader of the rebellion) is powerful enough to shatter a Diamond, would she really want to dissuade people of that notion? Now, assuming this theory is correct we still don't know exactly how YD engineered the encounter between Rose and Pink Diamond such that PD ended up shattered, but if the mural from Serious Steven holds any clues it may have involved White Diamond (who is very conspicuously absent at this point in the series).

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 31, 2017

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I need another courtroom episode with Yellow Diamond yelling, "YES SHE DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE SHE BURNS IN HELL". TIA

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Hihohe posted:

Pearl faces make me laugh

Hey.

What smells like blue?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Zeruel posted:

I need another courtroom episode with Yellow Diamond yelling, "YES SHE DESERVED TO DIE AND I HOPE SHE BURNS IN HELL". TIA
I figured she would be more like, "YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I ORDERED THE CODE RED."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hang on

Is Lars... immortal now?

Oh god is Lars a teenager forever now?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Hang on

Is Lars... immortal now?

His gauged earlobes should heal up.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MikeJF posted:

Hang on

Is Lars... immortal now?

The age difference with Sadie was already slightly uncomfortable, now it's gonna get real weird.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I just imagined Steven doing... Does this process have a name? Anyway, doing whatever he did to Lars to his dad, and then Greg imitates Lion's shockwave roar with his guitar.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mraagvpeine posted:

Does this process have a name?

Zombifying

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually scratch that

'The Homosexual Agenda' is a better term for it

Have a wallpaper

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Infinitum posted:

Actually scratch that

'The Homosexual Agenda' is a better term for it

Have a wallpaper

Lars is heterosexual, though.

Pakled posted:

The age difference with Sadie was already slightly uncomfortable, now it's gonna get real weird.

There was an age gap?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Covok posted:

Lars is heterosexual, though.

And Steven turned him pink with his gaytears

Insidious

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Pick posted:

A fat, annoying turd seems like a pretty good characterization for a poly relationship.

edit

also pretty sure lion can teleport. why not just teleport lion to homeworld spend an episode or two more on plot than grab lars, return home.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 07:29 on May 31, 2017

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I want Steven and Lars to fuse, robbing the gem zombie curse from Lars, returning him back to normal.

And when they unfuse, it's just Steven plus a corpse. Lars will return back to being dead as he should always be.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

T-man posted:

Y'all need to meet more poly people, jfc. Most of them are just normal people who are into something other people aren't, and when they form healthy relationships they're no more or less annoying than anyone else in a relationship. (And if you want talk about the unhealthy ones, well, that applies to any sort of sexuality.)

Gay worm grandma 2020

Every single poly person I have met has been awful. I assume it's the wig principle - You only notice the ones that call attention to themselves by being awful. But the ones I've met are not doing themselves any favors.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Motherfucker posted:

edit

also pretty sure lion can teleport. why not just teleport lion to homeworld spend an episode or two more on plot than grab lars, return home.

Lion hasn't gone any farther than the Moon. Homeworld may well be in a different galaxy as far as we know.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder how long it will take for the Diamonds to realize that Steven isn't on Homeworld anymore.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Motherfucker posted:

edit

Lion tuckered himself out just getting to the moon.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Yellow Diamond: "You think you can get away? You're on our world now."
*Steven escapes the planet 30 minutes later*
Yellow Diamond: "poo poo!"

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Love that Lars is now the robot from flcl

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Lion tuckered himself out just getting to the moon.

Wonder if he can be reanimated a second time.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Giant caterpillar weirded me out and her line about looking for more just reminded me of a poly guy who used to masturbate with his door open naked whenever I got home to the apartment, I hope she gets shattered.
"The Very Horny Caterpillar", by Eric Carle

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

Lion hasn't gone any farther than the Moon. Homeworld may well be in a different galaxy as far as we know.

Can't be too far if they're getting there within 10 minutes.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Am I missing what makes fluorite so repulsive or are people just being real creepy again.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

People being creepy? Here? In the Steven Universe thread?

Nah. Never.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Am I missing what makes fluorite so repulsive or are people just being real creepy again.

Uh yeah...I just thought it was cool there was a giant weird caterpillar fusion. I never thought about poly dude's masterbating when I saw her. Mostly just a cool looking muppet....

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Was she the caterpillar grandma? It so I just can't stand her design and dumb slow talking and I hope we never see her again. I hope the diamonds find her but not the others

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
jeez why are people being so mean to the gay caterpillar grandma??

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I think pan gram was my least favorite of the homeworld outcasts, but that doesn't say much because I love all of them a bunch

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I kind of like Fluorite's slow talking - she is the most Gems we've ever seen in a fusion, more even than the Crystal Gems at their peak - she probably is taking her time because all six gems have to agree on the next course of action before Fluorite can take it. I'm curious who the stages of her fusion were though - who the initial two gems were, what they formed and then how that form was effected by each subsequent addition.

Also I think a few people are conflating fusion with sex again (which at the moment only explicitly counts with Ruby and Sapphire - Opal and Alexandrite are working relationships, Sardonyx is a complementary friendship, Malachite is a bad/abusive relationship in general, Stevonnie is a powerful yet innocent love) and thinking that she's creepier than she is because of it. She's likely more looking forward to welcoming a new member of her "community", rather than a girl looking for her next conquest. She doesn't seem to be that kind of personality, she's just really welcoming to the idea of a new, fresh, point of view joining what may be quickly becoming an overly complacent hive-mind.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 08:20 on May 31, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Goons are confused and frightened by any relationship that isn't monogamous.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Padparadscha on the other hand is precious and I want only good things to happen to her

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Junpei Hyde posted:

My main thing is I couldn't not see this the entire time.

We've had Marty since episode one and Carmen since episode seven, now we finally have a Jay too!

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

LemonLimeTime posted:

Uh yeah...I just thought it was cool there was a giant weird caterpillar fusion. I never thought about poly dude's masterbating when I saw her. Mostly just a cool looking muppet....

Someone on Reddit pointed out that they are basically characters from Alice in Wonderland. Fluorite is the giant Caterpillar, Rutile is Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and Padparascha is the white rabbit, because she's always late. They also said Rhodonite is the mad hatter because of the constant mood swings, but that one is a bit more of a stretch