Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

botany posted:

Yeah Nilfgaard needs a nerf. Their cards are ridiculously strong, and they have enough deck cycling to make sure that they draw all the pieces.

yeah whenever a deck draws all their cards every game to become super consistent it tends to get nerfed: see old discard skellige.

Funny how Queensguard is more or less a dead deck now. I wonder how much of that is just nilfgaard keeping it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

botany posted:

Yeah Nilfgaard needs a nerf. Their cards are ridiculously strong, and they have enough deck cycling to make sure that they draw all the pieces.

I personally think Rot Tossers are busted as poo poo. There are other things as well, obviously, but Rot Tossers are def. one of the best bronze units in the game.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Class Warcraft posted:

what the hell

Is this even possible without there being collusion in a friendly match to do it?

Reaver Count - 3
Operator on Reaver - 4
Opponent Operator on Reaver - 5
Decoy Operator on Reaver - 6
Opponent Decoy Operator on nekkar warrior
Play Nekkar Warrior on Reaver - 8
Opponent plays Reaver
Summoning Circle - 9

At the end of this you would have:
In Hand - 7 in hand/board, 2 in deck and it should be easy enough to pull out 2 more reavers with those cards.

What am I missing for the 10th reaver?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You're missing that he used summoning circle to clone nekker warrior, decoyed/possibly mediced the warrior a few times, then henselted out the hunters. He "only" needs to bounce nekker warrior 3 times to get 10 hunters, and I think he highrolled the medics in a huge way.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 1, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

I personally think Rot Tossers are busted as poo poo. There are other things as well, obviously, but Rot Tossers are def. one of the best bronze units in the game.

Rot Tossers were already nerfed to the point they barely useful outside of the spy tag.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

I completely agree. Even if they deal with the rot tosser, you still net some great strength out of it, because that's some kind of removal not used on something else. The best case for them is they get to Vilgefortz it.

And Queensguard isn't dead. It still sees fringe play and does alright. Basically it was great, then people started using Vicovaro Medics, which poo poo on the deck, especially when they Operator a Queensguard to your hand to start. So Savage Bear started getting used and then general Morkvarg/Olgierd bullshittery, so people switched out of running medics and now people can start playing Queensguard again.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rot Tosser's good but the only cards that need to be adjusted to put nilfgaard in line are Vivovaro Novice and Imperial Golems.

Imperial Golem is just the dumbest card in the game, the patches the pirate of Gwent, and the only reason I imagine they printed it is because they didn't think NG would be good otherwise. Maybe they wouldn't be without them, I don't know.

nerox
May 20, 2001

No Wave posted:

You're missing that he used summoning circle to clone nekker warrior, decoyed/possibly mediced the warrior a few times, then henselted out the hunters. He "only" needs to bounce nekker warrior 3 times to get 10 hunters, and I think he highrolled the medics in a huge way.

The deck tracker on the left shows only one nekker warrior used though, right?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Imperial Golems and Peter Saar should be NG cards that should be rethought before anything else. Novices are getting fixed, but after playing Lifecoach/SuperJJ version of Spy Nilfgaard I don't think Novices are actually needed.

Order keyword should be reworked entirely, or just dropped before more show up.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
tsar peter is important because he checks stupid dwarf and monster booster decks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

nerox posted:

The deck tracker on the left shows only one nekker warrior used though, right?

I dont cheat so i dont know how those work.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Deck trackers aren't cheating and are endorsed by CDPR. Feel free to use them. They are very beneficial.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/5k5khg/release_first_public_gwent_deck_tracker/

You just can't use them in official CDPR tournaments, at least you couldn't in the top matches during the challenger.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Electronico6 posted:

Rot Tossers were already nerfed to the point they barely useful outside of the spy tag.

Name some bronze cards that are better, that provide both raw value and multi-faceted utility, that can be easily drawn in a pinch based on the structure of the deck that runs them.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

Name some bronze cards that are better, that provide both raw value and multi-faceted utility, that can be easily drawn in a pinch based on the structure of the deck that runs them.

The already mentioned Imperial Golems. 9 strength, thins out your deck by 3, easy mulligan, no draw gently caress up, protects against epidemic effects.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Electronico6 posted:

The already mentioned Imperial Golems. 9 strength, thins out your deck by 3, easy mulligan, no draw gently caress up, protects against epidemic effects.

Imperial Golems don't help you keep your opponent's board clean and don't draw removal. Rot Tossers are always decent and situationally game winning. Imperial Golems are always good but never amazing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rot Tossers were the same when Nilf was bad. New patch comes, Nilfgaard gets an autoinclude bronze card that's so overpowered it can't actually be evaluated against any other card. Rot Tossers are the problem?

Rot Tossers are fun, and they are the sort of card that should be the strongest bronze Nilfgaard has.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

botany posted:

Imperial Golems don't help you keep your opponent's board clean and don't draw removal. Rot Tossers are always decent and situationally game winning. Imperial Golems are always good but never amazing.

Unless your opponent is bad, you're not gettinany board clears from tosser. I would say Rot Tossers are the best bronze in the game if they still triggered at the start of the turn instead of the end. Right now there's plenty of time and ways to deal them.

Again, the majority of Nilfgaard players use Rot Tossers first for the Spy Tag, then for the removal which usually clears out less strength than needed. The addition of Bear Roar even turns the cow as a possible gift.

Normal Adult Human posted:

tsar peter is important because he checks stupid dwarf and monster booster decks.

Peter won't lose the reset, but I can see him lose his strengthen/weaken by 3 or reduced to 1/2, or just have his body brought down to 4. Right now he is 9 points with no downside unlike Albrich.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 1, 2017

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
I've gotten to level 10 with strictly Monster Weather, but I'm thinking of branching out and trying other decks as well.

What's a decent, fun deck to play out there? Dwarfs?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Dwarves are decent and fun. Scoia'Tael Control with basically all specials and a few units is also decent and fun. Takes a lot of getting used too, but so does Dwarves. You could always gamble on NR getting overtuned and start playing the reaver deck. Who knows, maybe you get a bunch of stuff for NR and they get a massive buff, making all that stuff you invested in very good. It all depends on what you want to do. Do you want to rank climb or just have fun?

I don't see Dwarves getting any changes, but ST Control might. Nilfgaard is getting changed, so it's hard to recommend anything in that faction unless you already have it. Same with Skellige.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Completely dif note, are there any drawbacks to forfeiting in casual play? For the sake of grinding daily rewards, would it be a good idea to construct a deck out of base cards that just rushes for a round 1 win then forfeits to secure the fastest possible grind? Already past level 10 so I won't be tanking mmr.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

BabyRyoga posted:

Completely dif note, are there any drawbacks to forfeiting in casual play? For the sake of grinding daily rewards, would it be a good idea to construct a deck out of base cards that just rushes for a round 1 win then forfeits to secure the fastest possible grind? Already past level 10 so I won't be tanking mmr.

the drawback is being the type of person who does stuff like this :chloe:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

botany posted:

the drawback is being the type of person who does stuff like this :chloe:

I mean, does it really matter for someone who is just trying to build library to make a competitive deck? It speeds up rewards for both people, so I don't see why others would be against it.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

There's a system in the game that flags people who do excessive forfeits. It was put early on the closed beta because people were farming free GG's.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Electronico6 posted:

There's a system in the game that flags people who do excessive forfeits. It was put early on the closed beta because people were farming free GG's.

OK, so the strategy here is just to play fast, go for wins when you see obvious mistakes, and forfeit if you are gonna lose for certain.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

What happens if you get flagged? I forfeit a lot... for my own reasons.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

ShowTime posted:

Do you want to rank climb or just have fun?

I don't see Dwarves getting any changes, but ST Control might. Nilfgaard is getting changed, so it's hard to recommend anything in that faction unless you already have it. Same with Skellige.

Mostly interested in fun, but I don't mind seeing better rank numbers. I play this for about an hour or two at night after work up to second tier dailies, and don't have any real ambition to play more then that. Sounds like dwarves is a good fit, then?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

What happens if you get flagged? I forfeit a lot... for my own reasons.

They ban people. They talked about it in some of the first Polish dev streams. Because before you could give GG's if the game was only 1 round, so people forfeited right on the mulligan screen, and the usual reaction is "thanks I guess" and just pressed GG button. So they changed being able to GG on just a 1 round game, then banned the more extreme cases.

Though you're not getting banned for being bad at the game. I mean that is your reason right?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BabyRyoga posted:

furthermore, why shower when i can just spray all my clothes with febreeze

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Normal Adult Human posted:

furthermore, why shower when i can just spray all my clothes with febreeze

Everybody knows people only use febreeze so that they don't need to take their raw denim jeans to the beach more than once every 6 months, bro, cmon.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

You're also depriving yourself of the best part of the game: mashing your lovely retarded deck against someone elses lovely retarded deck.

The early games where you're experimenting with cards and trying to find combos using whatever you have on hand and playing against other people with similarly bizarre decks is more fun than playing against the same netdecks over and over again once you get to higher levels imo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Electronico6 posted:

They ban people. They talked about it in some of the first Polish dev streams. Because before you could give GG's if the game was only 1 round, so people forfeited right on the mulligan screen, and the usual reaction is "thanks I guess" and just pressed GG button. So they changed being able to GG on just a 1 round game, then banned the more extreme cases.

Though you're not getting banned for being bad at the game. I mean that is your reason right?
What if I don't draw the cards I want?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Class Warcraft posted:

You're also depriving yourself of the best part of the game: mashing your lovely retarded deck against someone elses lovely retarded deck.

The early games where you're experimenting with cards and trying to find combos using whatever you have on hand and playing against other people with similarly bizarre decks is more fun than playing against the same netdecks over and over again once you get to higher levels imo

In an ideal setting where the game uses algorithms to determine relative deck strength with regards to construction level and matches you up against decks of a roughly approximate level, sure. But even in casual play, more than half the time i'm getting matched against people that are playing crafted/pulled golds and silvers. When I get other people playing base decks, sure i'll play it out and probably win more than half the time, but when I see a bunch of premium cards in the first round, it's best to win a round by putting myself at a huge card deficit and forfeit.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

Mulligan Wizards always draw the correct cards. So yeah it falls under "Bad at Gwent" category, so you're okay pal.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

No Wave posted:

Play Imperial Golem and Vicovaro Novice. Guaranteed to draw every card in your deck.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Class Warcraft posted:

:agreed:

Game honestly kinda sucks right now when you get high up there exactly because it's just the same power decks over and over. So much more fun when everyone only has very limited scrap and has to figure out a deck from whatever they pop out of kegs.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Operator seems much too strong for a neutral. Practically every deck has a few bronzes that are useless without surrounding synergies, so it ends up being this brainless autoinclude with only very rare downside (mirror match where opponent has terrible draw and you fix it for them). I don't mind strong neutral cards but they shouldn't be both strong and generally applicable. Gwent does not need Dr. Boom.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Magic Underwear posted:

Operator seems much too strong for a neutral. Practically every deck has a few bronzes that are useless without surrounding synergies, so it ends up being this brainless autoinclude with only very rare downside (mirror match where opponent has terrible draw and you fix it for them). I don't mind strong neutral cards but they shouldn't be both strong and generally applicable. Gwent does not need Dr. Boom.

dr boom would be celano harpy

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Game honestly kinda sucks right now when you get high up there exactly because it's just the same power decks over and over. So much more fun when everyone only has very limited scrap and has to figure out a deck from whatever they pop out of kegs.

That's just how CCG's are nowadays, people will netdeck because winning is more fun than experimenting.

The game can still be fun by playing something different yourself, which currently means NR.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Magic Underwear posted:

He's not really an autoinclude but he is too strong and seeing the card everywhere makes it less fun. I liked him at 6 str and then you can't bank on always adc-ing him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Electronico6 posted:

Also Nilfgaard's totally official and not up for debate best Silver ranking:

T1(Should craft right now):
Peter Saar
Vanhemar
Assire
Cantarella
Joachim de Wett

T2(Pretty good):
The Guardian
Auckes
Cynthia

T3(good but outclassed by own faction silvers):
Sweers
Albrich
Serrit
Fringilla

T4(whatever):
Treason
Ceallach
Fake Ciri

Yeah that's right, Auckes for scrubs. But yeah NG has way too good silvers, and Peter is probably the best silver in the game.

Ceallach is great for setting up double spy combos! I've managed to play him. Retrieve two of my spies, then play them again, then play ceallach again to take them back! Needless to say my opponent wasn't too thrilled

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 1, 2017