Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Care to elaborate on these vouchers? Im about to start my first semester on the gi bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Gray Matter posted:

Care to elaborate on these vouchers? Im about to start my first semester on the gi bill

It's for chapter 31 aka vocational rehabilitation and employment. If you're 10% service connected disability or better you qualify. Check it out because it covers expenses for everything. I got the VA to buy me a nice, new $150 calculator that I only needed for one class. Soulex got himself a MacBook.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Voc Rehab told me to go to the book store on campus and buy the most expensive computer and the most expensive printer. Voc Rehab rules assholes. Also walking up to the cashier with all new books amd walking away without paying a dime.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Pesticide20 posted:

It's for chapter 31 aka vocational rehabilitation and employment. If you're 10% service connected disability or better you qualify. Check it out because it covers expenses for everything. I got the VA to buy me a nice, new $150 calculator that I only needed for one class. Soulex got himself a MacBook.

That was for Vocational Rehabilitation though.

Still buy yourself a new laptop but keep the receipt, and buy one that will last because the American Opportunity Tax credit will help you out if you haven't used it before.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

That was for Vocational Rehabilitation though.

That's the point I was trying to make

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Pesticide20 posted:

wasting the government's money is fully loving sick.

on the other hand, i got a history degree on the government's dime. who am i to judge?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
gently caress that these guys with tinnitus need free MacBooks drat it

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

milk milk lemonade posted:

gently caress that these guys with tinnitus need free MacBooks drat it

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

gently caress that these guys with tinnitus need free ThinkPads drat it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I didn't get anything but books out of my voc rehab.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I'm going to ask a stupid question, I qualify for around 90% of post 9/11 gi, what is vocational rehab?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

wasting the government's money is fully loving sick.

on the other hand, i got a history degree on the government's dime. who am i to judge?

I'm gonna double down and get a law degree with Uncle Sam footing the bill because the American taxpayer loving owes it to me!!!!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Flikken posted:

I'm going to ask a stupid question, I qualify for around 90% of post 9/11 gi, what is vocational rehab?

http://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ss/#!portal/554400000001018/article/554400000008419

[quote="What is the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program?

"]
What is the purpose of services provided by the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment program?

To assist Veterans with service-connected disabilities and an employment handicap and transitioning Servicemembers participating in the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) prepare for, obtain, and maintain suitable employment

To provide independent living services to Veterans and Servicemembers who are currently unable to work and need assistance to live more independently in their family and community

To obtain more information about VR&E services, please go to http://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab
[/quote]

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I'm gonna double down and get a law degree with Uncle Sam footing the bill because the American taxpayer loving owes it to me!!!!

the army infantry chick that had to study to pass the asvab is smarter than you.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Using the GI Bill for professional graduate programs owns so hard it's incomprehensible. My program is full yellow ribbon, so my GI Bill has paid out effectively $150k so far and I still have six months of benefits (that I'm hoping will last me through the end of next year). My goal is to get $200k worth of school out of it when all is said and done.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

TheQuietWilds posted:

Using the GI Bill for professional graduate programs owns so hard it's incomprehensible. My program is full yellow ribbon, so my GI Bill has paid out effectively $150k so far and I still have six months of benefits (that I'm hoping will last me through the end of next year). My goal is to get $200k worth of school out of it when all is said and done.

If I was going for MD instead of PA I'd definitely do whatever portion of my undergrad necessary without the GI Bill, just so I could laugh at all my classmates at some place like Hopkins while they're drowning in debt.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have to figure out what the gently caress now after just getting a bill from the VA because they said I was ineligible for the yellow ribbon program because my separation date was two weeks into the semester.

:negative:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lmfao

I feel like you'll be fine when it's all said and done, but lmao enjoy dealing with that stupid headache.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Claim hardship, tell them to gently caress off.

Fair warning: might get resolved immediately, might take 5+ months (p.s. gently caress you, VA).

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

loving summer classes, Jesus Christ. I almost had a loving aneurysm today from holding in the overwhelming need to scream, "WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU TRYING TO DEFEND ADOLF loving EICHMANN YOU SIMPLE BITCH?" for two straight hours.

Pretty sure if I couldn't burn that poo poo off with lifting then I would've been solidly blackout drunk within an hour of getting home.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Who is that

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

Who is that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Eichmann

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

"The Final Solution" guy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
There are several "the final solution guy" roles with varying degrees of oversight and zealous commitment, but the "worst" dudes were ironically enough not even the ones at the very top "deciding" the holocaust.

If you're looking to pinpoint the actual worst human beings to ever have graced God's green earth, you generally end up with the guys that did lliteral efficiency analysis and controlling of the genocide. Dudes under Heydrich like Christian the Gruesome and such...
There are, unfortunately, reasons for Auschwitz ranking as the "worst" camp, while no one has ever heard of Belzec, Treblinka, or Sobibor

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Were they defending Adolf Eichmann or all the Little Eichmanns

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Were they defending Adolf Eichmann or all the Little Eichmanns

Like literally Eichmann himself, part of some poo poo about nature/nurture ethics and the "just following orders" crowd.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I haven't heard of either of those places. New reading!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Soulex posted:

I haven't heard of either of those places. New reading!

I think I recall watching a documentary on Operation Reinhard, which was the umbrella for Sobibor, Treblinka and Belzec. Should be in English, too.
Incredible thing is that Auschwitz had previously existed as an internment camp, those three were literal death factories set up explicitly for that operation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Reinhard

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Voc Rehab is the poo poo. I don't even start school until August, but they are already buying me stuff in anticipation.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
They're paying for my very expensive parking permit at UW, thank God

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I had to quit my lovely community college for a bit, life happening etc. I'm working right now and the pay is ok I guess, but I plan on taking advantage of voc rehab like I should have a long time ago, and either finish up a degree in geology like I planned or something in IT because i'm a huge worthless dork who wants to janitor computers or servers and hate myself and other people.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Mike-o posted:

I had to quit my lovely community college for a bit, life happening etc. I'm working right now and the pay is ok I guess, but I plan on taking advantage of voc rehab like I should have a long time ago, and either finish up a degree in geology like I planned or something in IT because i'm a huge worthless dork who wants to janitor computers or servers and hate myself and other people.

I used to work in IT. Like, 10 years as an admin. Now I study geology and work for the USGS.

100% you should study geology and work for the USGS. If you apply for vocrehab you get huge hiring preference and it's great.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
IT is the poo poo my friend. Especially if you aren't an unsocial weird fucktard, you can pretty much write your own drat ticket assuming you are not a moron.

You don't have to go to school for it though.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yeah. If you find your way into IT consulting, it's basically a golden ticket to making at least $200k/yr without a college degree, so long as you're willing to put in the time to both know your poo poo and understand how businesses work. But if you don't actually like IT or computers, don't bother, because all of the money in the world isn't worth the idiots you'll deal with on a day to day basis if you aren't enjoying what you do.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Grem posted:

Hell yea, I love summer classes! One on campus and one online. Take quizzes where you can google the question and get answers and the professors don't give a gently caress. Summer rules for irrelevant credits!

Soulex posted:

Yeah, my advisor and comm professor was very real with us when he said that most professors in summer classes don't wanna be there so most poo poo is way easier.

Who did I piss off to end up with the two teachers who decided that this wasn't the case?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Do not confuse easy with teachers who give no fucks. Also luck of the draw. I got a really cool surfer/stoner professor for my photography course and my art history course is a nice woman in her 50s who basically lets me do what I want because I'm one of the only ones who actually comments in class.

They're easy because I already know a lot of material.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Same class with the Nazi apologist, total workload is under 5k words over 3 papers, only one of which is researched. If I'd known this poo poo I would've taken another class with it, as it is I fart out a thousand or so words at 2 AM before it's due and get As.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I just wrote a small letter to my teacher in the middle of our midterm that 2 Saudi dudes next to me where blatantly cheating. Phone was on and out, texting photos of the questions to someone and writing responses.

Finished and handed her my paper and made sure she saw it.

She's cool as gently caress and these dudes come in an hour late to class (it's 2 1/2 hours) listening to headphones and having text notifications go off like crazy.

Dude. I don't care if you cheat, but show some goddamn respect.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Do you also page the flight attendants when someone has their phone out during takeoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Soulex posted:

I just wrote a small letter to my teacher in the middle of our midterm that 2 Saudi dudes next to me where blatantly cheating. Phone was on and out, texting photos of the questions to someone and writing responses.

Finished and handed her my paper and made sure she saw it.

She's cool as gently caress and these dudes come in an hour late to class (it's 2 1/2 hours) listening to headphones and having text notifications go off like crazy.

Dude. I don't care if you cheat, but show some goddamn respect.

Lol you're a huge bitch and a tool