Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Good enough for me. I just hooked it up and everything seems to be working on my TV when it was sitting in its dock which I presume would't have happened if it weren't powered? Turned it off to give it time to get back to 100% before the test punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

s.i.r.e. posted:

But why go through all this bullshit when Discord does the same thing but it's easier and more convenient? Also what the gently caress happened to Mumble? Why does it look so terrible now?

I'm both uninformed and highly opinionated about new technology/services, and I'm sure I'd have some legitimate but miniscule gripe with Discord. Like, don't even have a Google account but still have an Android (work) phone. Also because the server is my home router, there is 0 latency between me and my roommates, and very low latency between internet buddies, since their communications go as directly to us as is possible.

Oh, gotta get somewhere internet-friendly for the upcoming Test Punch!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I beat the new fire emblem and am somehow not angry at this game. I might have... enjoyed it???

This is hosed up.

Also lol Alm's dad is the bad guy, and then fukkin dies What a twist!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Never actually try to play

Sorry I just emailed Nintendo and they replied that SMW is never coming out.

thats f ucked up

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Stux posted:

what the gently caress are you on, i use discord on pc and ps4s built in party chat on ps4. never in the history of anything have i ever sat there thinking "wow this voice chat sucks better load up a program on my phone to do it instead of using this fully integrated party and chat system" while using ps4 voice.

unless you mean the actual in game chat options which vary by game, but if youre just talking to friends why the hell would you ever use that over the consoles own voice chat and party system?

apparently he doesn't believe in wifi or smartphones or something like that, I wouldn't stress too much about trying to figure out the thought process behind his methodology

E:

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm both uninformed and highly opinionated about new technology/services,

but there is nothing "new" about these services or technologies that you are strongly opinionated on, at least from the user end pov

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 2, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I just... wanna PLAY super MARIO WORLD! On my Nintendo Switch

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm both uninformed and highly opinionated about new technology/services, and I'm sure I'd have some legitimate but miniscule gripe with Discord. Like, don't even have a Google account but still have an Android (work) phone. Also because the server is my home router, there is 0 latency between me and my roommates, and very low latency between internet buddies, since their communications go as directly to us as is possible.

Oh, gotta get somewhere internet-friendly for the upcoming Test Punch!

Discord is basically everything you want in a chat/voice chat program, you can also embed pictures and videos into the chat. Kinda owns.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Pretty hosed up that the Japanese have been able to play Super Mario World since November 21, 1990.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

*pick sombra*
*get called a friend of the family for 15 minutes*

Yeah KICKIN RAD!!!!
:eyepop:

eonwe posted:

I like video games and I like anime

and I'm not out of either
:eyepop:

s.i.r.e. posted:

Discord is basically everything you want in a chat/voice chat program, you can also embed pictures and videos into the chat. Kinda owns.

I agree

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Isn't the ARMS test punch in like five minutes?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Uhhh so I don't think I "get" ARMS.

Or maybe I get it and it's just not good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So virtual console when then

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Martytoof posted:

Uhhh so I don't think I "get" ARMS.

Or maybe I get it and it's just not good.

Welcome friend, to the land of the truth about ARMS. It's not good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Three things are certain in this life.

ARMS is bad.
No Super Mario World for Switch.
Splatoon 2 is going to own.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I refuse to believe that anyone willingly talks to stux

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Oh cool, my Switch has suddenly decided not to output sound when docked. Havin' to Testpunch in tabletop mode here.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Zelder posted:

I refuse to believe that anyone willingly talks to stux

He seems to randomly swap between being a person with sound, thought out opinions (but lousy punctuation) and a complete raging ogre and I can't figure it out!!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The basketball mode confirmed my Arms purchase. It's so much better than volleyball.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I find ARMS fun in like 15-minute spurts which is NG

THAT 3-on-1 boss fight is kinda fun though, this game would be way more fun if it was like a third person Smash TV.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm gonna quit my job and go pro in ARMS

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zelder posted:

I'm gonna quit my job and go pro in ARMS

break a leg

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Stan Taylor posted:

I'll give you ten dollars for free if you give me $20.

how's the voice chat on the ten dollars, though,

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The button settings for controller arms are extremely bad

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

The button settings for controller arms are extremely bad

:agreed:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Throws might do a little too much damage idk. Seems like throwing a lot is very viable against these japanese dudes im playing

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I love grabbin

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You can use the triggers for punches, if you didn't know. I find it much better than a and b.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I've been playing nothing but Disgaea. Goddamn do I love those dumb grindy games. I'm looking forward to some more good weeb poo poo coming out for this thing.

Also I've had to bring my 3DS to work since I know some guys who're playing MH4U and wanted me to come clown on some bullshit with my G-rank kit. I really really hope we get MHXX sooner than not at all.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Throws might do a little too much damage idk. Seems like throwing a lot is very viable against these japanese dudes im playing

Throwing is good against anyone who blocks too much, but it's easy to disrupt any throw with any single-handed punch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think arms is p good could be better tho

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I don't know if Arms sucks or is good, but I couldn't be bothered to download and play any of the test punches so I probably won't bother to get the game either.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can use the triggers for punches, if you didn't know. I find it much better than a and b.

Oh wow

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imagined posted:

Throwing is good against anyone who blocks too much, but it's easy to disrupt any throw with any single-handed punch.

You haven't run into the Ninjara strat of jump-grab-repeat then.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Press em w/ your fingers

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I beat headlock lvl 4 and 5

That dude is hilarious.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

Press em w/ your fingers

Oh wow

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah its silly that they dont point that out. Its way more intuitive

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want a block button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Decided against bringing my switch to Europe.

I'm deeply regretting it as I'm stuck in NYC for the next 6 hours because of my delayed flight. My 3ds is cool though so there's that.

• Locked thread