Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Baby pens logo is what a middle school kid does to regular Penguins logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

That was a great loving PK for Nashville

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So, uh, these are the best teams left? Yiiiiiiikes.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Almost as good as the one they have on Defense. Lil wordplay joke for there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha hulk hogan's theme

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

JoelJoel posted:

The Caps were the best team but... weeeelllllllll... y'know.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
YOU SUCK

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Oh ye gods Hainsey, how can you possibly suck so much :cripes:

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
If these games were played on paper than the Capitals would be tripping everywhere cause their skates are made for ice.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

JoelJoel posted:

I think this is one of those rare finals where there isn't one really good team left. I mean with Letang the Pens are that but without him they're merely just good. Nashville is pretty good but nowhere near the class of the West either.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Caps were the best team but... weeeelllllllll... y'know.

Think the Preds could have a taken the Caps? I like to think it would have been closer than this.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
I mean I'm a Penguins fan and all but is anyone else dreading the moment we begin living in a world where "Ron Hainsey, Stanley Cup Champion" is an actual fact?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I dunno, if Nashville isn't the class of the West they're pretty drat close.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

AJ STYLES

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

Think the Preds could have a taken the Caps? I like to think it would have been closer than this.

I think the Caps would have crushed both Ottawa and Nashville tbh.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

gently caress off with these goalie bumps Nashville

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ginette Reno posted:

I think this is one of those rare finals where there isn't one really good team left. I mean with Letang the Pens are that but without him they're merely just good. Nashville is pretty good but nowhere near the class of the West either.

Nashville with any centres and a functioning Rinne are p decent.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Abner Assington posted:

I mean I'm a Penguins fan and all but is anyone else dreading the moment we begin living in a world where "Ron Hainsey, Stanley Cup Champion" is an actual fact?

You have to think he's the second one to get the cup, too. It's the worst "old guy without a cup" narrative we've had in a while.
Carter Rowney makes up for it though.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kale posted:

Guentzel now has only 3 less goals in the Playoffs then he scored in 40 games for the Pens this seasons. The organizations ability to just pull these stars seemingly out of thin air kind of ensures a dynasty well after the Crosby era at this rate
Guentzel's good but there's a very clear reason why they have a bunch of these guys emerge in the Crosby era, specifically on lines with Crosby and Malkin, the 2 best centres of the past little while

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

JoelJoel posted:

Nashville with any centres and a functioning Rinne are p decent.

The Pens make a lot of goalies look pretty lovely.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Abner Assington posted:

There's no reason to feel personal animosity for Hainsey, he was a cool and good hockeyman for a long time and it's cool with me if he manages to get his name carved on the Cup. Everyone gets old eventually.

It just blows my mind that the Penguins insist on giving him 20 minutes a game. He is really really bad.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

nashville is good and feel free to call me out if i'm wrong but it feels like they don't have enough pure goalscorers/body in front of the net dudes and murray is too good for their current setup to work

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Moxie posted:

gently caress off with these goalie bumps Nashville

Yeah go maximum kreider on them. Rinne is expendable

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Come on, Nashville. You guys yell YOU SUCK!, yet nobody in the arena knows the WWE theme which prompts such a reaction? Twice?

Now it's AJ Styles' theme.

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

If that is actually possible, then 100% that's what should happen.

I think MAF deserves it because if he's average, they don't get past Washington and it might even become a drag race as to which goalie is less bad between he and :cop: vs Columbus.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Preds looking pretty good. Honestly, it's the same issue Nashville has had for years, they need more people who can finish plays and score. Roman Josi as a 4th forward is loving awesome, but it isn't enough right now.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Abner Assington posted:

No, because it's going to be retired Stanley cup champion Ron Hainsey

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

its super hard to score a hockey goal

until it isnt

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Guentzel's good but there's a very clear reason why they have a bunch of these guys emerge in the Crosby era, specifically on lines with Crosby and Malkin, the 2 best centres of the past little while

I think Jake and Murray are pretty good no matter what team they're on. Especially Murray.

Sheary definitely got the Crosby bump I think.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Also Matt Murray winning the Stanley Cup as a rookie twice would be pretty amazing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the preds offense would be insanely better w/a dude like simmonds

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Big stop. gently caress those last minute goals.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Last year's playoffs raised expectations too high for Sheary but he's going to be a very solid second line winger for a long time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Abner Assington posted:

Yinz're going to win the Stanley Cup for the second year in a row and a thing which crosses your mind is "Ew, gross, we have to put Ron HAINSEY's name on the Cup?"? Yinz poor thing.

Never played in the playoffs until this year Ron Hainsey? Played on lovely Jackets, Thrashers, and Canes for most of his career Hainsey?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Welp, that was a covfefe of a period.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

Also Matt Murray winning the Stanley Cup as a rookie twice would be pretty amazing

To his credit Murray has been super good this round (and last round when he replaced Fleury). Different series if Rinne played at the same level.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I think Jake and Murray are pretty good no matter what team they're on. Especially Murray.

Sheary definitely got the Crosby bump I think.

Eh, don't underestimate the little fella too much. He's a solid as gently caress two-way forward and he's probably good for 30-40 points on another team with minimal powerplay time. Can't ask for much more for a supplementary player.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
What was that exasperated sign off by Doc?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

THE NASHVILLE PREDATORS NEEDED TO GO TO FINISHING SCHOOL

THAT IS MYTAKE I WILL SIT DOWN NOW AND LISTEN

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

the preds offense would be insanely better w/a dude like simmonds

Forsberg plays a similar game to Simmonds though he's not quite as big. Neal can be pretty power fowardy too when he has a mind which is unfortunately rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Catfish Concealment with JR, definitely tuning in for that

• Locked thread