Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007
"Looks like the forest is just a head"

nice, nines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

So what's the equivalent nickname for 2B? Tube? That doesn't work very well, not that Nines is brilliant either...

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Karia posted:

So what's the equivalent nickname for 2B? Tube? That doesn't work very well, not that Nines is brilliant either...

It's a nickname made by 9S. When he's not being brilliant, he's kind of a tool.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
And this is where you realize that not only are you playing as the bad guys, but you're playing as truly unredeemable fuckers. They wanted to hurt Goodest Boy Emil!

gently caress 'em.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I love my sweet undying skeleton son.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Listening to the the first second or two of the various versions of Birth of a Wish always makes me think of that 60s Wipeout song.

The Emil reveal was amazing. I'm sure we'll find out things to make us sad, but for now I'm wondering what sort of mythology do people give to a friendly, immortal, talking, smiling, clearly non-human skull orb that can move by itself in the...let's say millennia or two humanity might have had to get back to skyscrapers and space age tech before the aliens happened.

The Dark Id posted:

Let’s go ahead and sort this out before we continues.

derelict malls can be found in what can only described as

You’re regularly slicking metal robots in half

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Emil is back? Emil is back! :unsmith:

I wonder, do we have a visual novel area just ahead? It's a forest, there's even Emil there, it wouldn't be amiss.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Karia posted:

Toobs or toobie are the most common I've seen.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And now Pascal's competitor for best boy enters the scene...

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

And now Pascal's competitor for best boy enters the scene...

Pascal is more a rad dad than a best boy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

.... perhaps that is why he is best boy.....

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
That's what I realized Pascal's voice reminds me of. He reminds me of Albert Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

HR12345 posted:

That's what I realized Pascal's voice reminds me of. He reminds me of Albert Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Ah yes, the Elrics estranged half brother, Albert.

But yeah, Pascal is basically Alphonse Elric, right down to the studious nature and generally being pacifistic.

dalthorn
Apr 23, 2016

One thing I've been curious about even after beating the game is why the robot's heads are so Emil like.

Sgt Thud posted:

Ah yes, the Elrics estranged half brother, Albert.

But yeah, Pascal is basically Alphonse Elric, right down to the studious nature and generally being pacifistic.

They don't like to mention him much after the...accident.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

dalthorn posted:

One thing I've been curious about even after beating the game is why the robot's heads are so Emil like.

They don't like to mention him much after the...accident.

well, there is something I never expected to come across on the something awful lets play forum
well, outside of some lets play from some obscure full metal alchemist game.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Arkanumzilong posted:

well, there is something I never expected to come across on the something awful lets play forum

I want this shirt.

dalthorn
Apr 23, 2016

Arkanumzilong posted:

You got to admit that scene is basically a Yoko Tarro weapon story in the making.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Toby & and her Wisecracking Best Friend, Nine-Sass

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Rangpur posted:

Toby Kunta Kinte & and her Wisecracking Best Friend, Nine-Sass

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008
When playing this scene I saw the head rolling towards me, and completely unspoiled I said to myself "Awwwwh Emil".........and then the head split open, I threw my hands up and sat in stunned silence for the rest of the scene.

It was great.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm glad Emil is back and want to see what he's been up to but yknow... We were teased with dinosaur robots too

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm glad Emil is back and want to see what he's been up to but yknow... We were teased with dinosaur robots too

They're kind of underwhelming, sorry :(

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
EMIL'S BACK YAAAAY

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Begemot posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person whose go-to reference for duels is HEAVEN OR HELL? LET'S ROCK!

I dunno, my go-to is always either "THE WHEEL OF FATE IS TURNING! REBEL ONE! ACTION!" or "FIRST CLAUSE! DIVIDE!". But I'm pretty sure no-one would recognize the latter.

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008

Hemingway To Go! posted:

InequalityGodzilla posted:

They're kind of underwhelming, sorry :(

Yeah you want robo-dinos you need Horizon ZeroDawn.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just got my copy and man, these projectiles take some getting used to.

pulsor93
Mar 3, 2015

Karia posted:

Apparently, Kira Buckland is fond of calling her, "Toobs".

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

pulsor93 posted:

Oh, is that what she's saying? :heysexy:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Toobie is the only acceptable 2B nickname and has been since long before the game came out.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Not A Gay Name posted:

Yeah you want robo-dinos you need Horizon ZeroDawn.
When I first heard that line I was really excited because I was hoping there'd be like, a machine Godzilla and you'd have to fight it, but alas. No Godzilla :smith:

Waffleman_ posted:

I just got my copy and man, these projectiles take some getting used to.

Don't worry! You can get a plug-in chip that automatically slows down time when you're near projectiles. It only becomes available about 14 hours into the game :v:

dalthorn
Apr 23, 2016

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Don't worry! You can get a plug-in chip that automatically slows down time when you're near projectiles. It only becomes available about 14 hours into the game :v:

Also certain weapons when upgraded fully will make dealing with projectiles a lot easier to the point of being nigh trivial, until then just spam the hell out of your galting pod and dodges.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

pulsor93 posted:

"And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of Toobs. All going to new bodies because they did something goddamn stupid like pull out their brainchips or piss off one of the moose." - Senator Ted Stevens

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Oh, is that what she's saying? :heysexy:

This next section is really neat, I'm excited for id to cover it.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Dont be mean to Emil, damnit.

apocalypticCritic posted:

I still think the Birth of A Wish song is probably one of my favorites, in all of its various forms.

Yeah the regular Vocal version has more of the male chorus instead of the This Cannot Continue chants and I dont know which version I like more

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

DeafNote posted:

Yeah the regular Vocal version has more of the male chorus instead of the This Cannot Continue chants and I dont know which version I like more

My favorite version of it will come up later. But they're all good.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

LordAba posted:

I want this shirt.

Oh my god. I need this shirt.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Since the thread recently took another trip to the amusement park, I just wanted to say that seeing the number of player corpses in the courtyard made me legitimately sad. The reward text spelled it out as clear as day - the amusement park is a mirror, and the fact that so many people would fight them made me seriously :smith:

Funny how such a simple death mechanic that was probably just thrown in as an afterthought could end up having an emotional impact

Vvv: the text apparently took a trip to an adjustment park without my noticing

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 5, 2017

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sentient Data posted:

Since the thread recently took another trip to the adjustment park, I just wanted to say that seeing the number of payer corpses in the courtyard made me legitimately sad. The reward quest spelled it out as clear as day - the adjustment park is a mirror, and the fact that so many people would fight them made me seriously :smith:

Funny how such a simple death mechanic that was probably just thrown in as an afterthought could end up having an emotional impact

Autocorrect really wreaked havoc on this

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Karia posted:

Hamlet, duh.

pulsor93 posted:

I got to meet her recently. She is a giant turbo nerd, and I guarantee she was unquestionably loving this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ryushikaze posted:

Hamlet, duh.

Which would make flower obsessed and perpetually unlucky in love 6O Ophelia, I suppose.

Let's hope things go better for both of them. I mean, it's a Taro Yoko game so I'm not betting on it, but, you know. Hope springs eternal and that.

• Locked thread