Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If I won the lottery I would make sure every admin and mod went back to their phoenix wright avatars they all had at one point, or apply new ones to recent ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Nobody hates me because I might as well not exist to this gosh darned webzone.

People love me just for my avatar.:wink:

I liked the one piece avatar better :shobon:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

My hosed up opinion is that I like most of the posters I regularly interact with and I think they make interesting contributions to threads they post in tbh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Looper posted:

I really liked my Buggy avatar but I just can't say no to the head-bobbin' walking bagman

Raxivace posted:

My hosed up opinion is that I like most of the posters I regularly interact with and I think they make interesting contributions to threads they post in tbh.
this is not allowed in this world of divisive politics.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't hate a lot of posters but a lot of posters hate me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why do you think that is?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Discrimination against French Canadians.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lurdiak posted:

Discrimination against French Canadians.

drat he knows

i like pretty much all the games regulars idk :v: i feel like there's some posters who like me, i feel like there's some posters who don't, and i feel like i'm maybe a bogeyman in sh/sc that they use to scare their kids into being good programmers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The worst person I've ever met was a Ukrainian Canadian from high school. But instead of being lovely because of early exposure to Ayn Rand he got lovely due to misunderstanding loving Animal Farm

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This shouldn't surprise you. Millions of people misunderstand the bible and think that "The Eye Of The Needle" is an actual loving place.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Looper posted:

:blush:

I do miss it sometimes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Figured I should actually beat Dark Souls the first and I really miss bonfires before and after every boss so I don't die and lose my boss souls and also being able to teleport. :negative:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Knock off the poo poo, Skeletor.

Captain Invictus posted:

This shouldn't surprise you. Millions of people misunderstand the bible and think that "The Eye Of The Needle" is an actual loving place.

It was fun hearing a guy explain that to me because he was like "You see, there was a gate in Jerusalem that was designed so that it was only big enough for people to enter and if you had a camel, it'd be too big to get in. This way they could stop thieves." In return, I told him about the belief that it very well could have been a mistranslation and that the original quote was more or less saying that it's easier to thread anchor cable through a sewing needle than for a rich person to go to heaven.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Arms is p good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I never thought I'd find someone more hated than me.

...you've been here as long as I have, so I know you know this isn't true.

then again i don't really know anything, i try to stay out of it. there are maybe a dozen posters i actually talk directly to (private messages) and i just assume everyone else hates me. works pretty much the same as when my wife and i go to see a band at the local indie rock bar and i just assume everyone i haven't actually been in a band with or known for 20 years is mocking and judging us

it's not paranoia, it's pronoia

edit: we saw a really fantastic band last night that was like a cross between The B-52s (their really old stuff) and Devo and they were the fuckin' tits. i hate people who look at their cell phones while the band is playing. when we got home we watched Trainspotting 2 which made me feel very old but in a good, bittersweet way. this stoner guy i know, i'm pretty sure HE hates me but he said i should DJ at this co-op DJ thing so maybe he's just Too Cool For School

e2: band's name is Paperwork, but there are several lovely bands named that and none of them are the one we saw, weird

precision fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 4, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

...you've been here as long as I have, so I know you know this isn't true.

then again i don't really know anything, i try to stay out of it. there are maybe a dozen posters i actually talk directly to (private messages) and i just assume everyone else hates me. works pretty much the same as when my wife and i go to see a band at the local indie rock bar and i just assume everyone i haven't actually been in a band with or known for 20 years is mocking and judging us

it's not paranoia, it's pronoia

edit: we saw a really fantastic band last night that was like a cross between The B-52s (their really old stuff) and Devo and they were the fuckin' tits. i hate people who look at their cell phones while the band is playing. when we got home we watched Trainspotting 2 which made me feel very old but in a good, bittersweet way. this stoner guy i know, i'm pretty sure HE hates me but he said i should DJ at this co-op DJ thing so maybe he's just Too Cool For School

You're hella rude sometimes but I don't hate you.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Be excellent to each other.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

You're hella rude sometimes but I don't hate you.

i am? see, this is why i don't get into it. it just depresses me. i'm like, the most chill and least rude person i know. :(

here is the band we saw

https://www.facebook.com/Paperworkknoxville/

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the only thing I like, is videogames

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Lurdiak I didn't know you were a fellow french canadian what part of french canada do you hail from

The seperatist part or the good part

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

Lurdiak I didn't know you were a fellow french canadian what part of french canada do you hail from

The seperatist part or the good part

Vive le Quebec Libre

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

rip. Y'all the reason Franco-Ontarians get a bad rap :argh:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a quebec libre is maple syrup and coke

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

rip. Y'all the reason Franco-Ontarians get a bad rap :argh:

They hate us cuz they ain't us.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I do let's plays, so it's impossible to dislike me.

Annie Chickenstalker
Oct 12, 2005

Of course you dont know, YOU dont know because only I know

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

a quebec libre is maple syrup and coke

Some of this plus coke:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

For years now I've been having trouble getting out of bed in the morning when my alarm goes off. Recently I got Dandy Dungeon, and this morning I just played a round of that when my alarm went off. Now I'm up.

Thanks, video games. :coffeepal:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ceaseless Discharge is probably the most :effort: boss I've ever seen in a videogame.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a shame you only fight the thing at eye level because it's actually the tallest boss in the game by several stories. That whole area is just the "we ran out of budget and time"-iest area in any video game I've played, which is a real bummer because it could have been amazing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Ceaseless Discharge is probably the most :effort: boss I've ever seen in a videogame.

I'm curious but there's no goddamn way I'm googling a name like that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Really Pants posted:

I'm curious but there's no goddamn way I'm googling a name like that

Dark Souls boss

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

It's a shame you only fight the thing at eye level because it's actually the tallest boss in the game by several stories. That whole area is just the "we ran out of budget and time"-iest area in any video game I've played, which is a real bummer because it could have been amazing.

It's a cool looking boss too and then it just does that one attack over and over. I'm not even sure it actually tracks you because it seemed to hit the same place every time.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Vanquish challenge 6 is pretty hard :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a cool looking boss too and then it just does that one attack over and over. I'm not even sure it actually tracks you because it seemed to hit the same place every time.

It's got several attacks, but for some reason it's only inclined to do the one. It's potentially a pretty tough fight but the overhead slam is usually the only attack people see.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought you were just supposed to run away from Ceaseless Discharge then it falls off the ledge or w/e

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

The second half of Dark Souls in general is kind of :effort: compared to how polished the first half is, with the DLC and the Painted World being the major exceptions.

My favorite example of wonky Dark Souls design is a guy shortly after Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage, who is horribly weak to fire of all drat things, despite his name, appearance, and manner of attack.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Raxivace posted:

The second half of Dark Souls in general is kind of :effort: compared to how polished the first half is, with the DLC and the Painted World being the major exceptions.

My favorite example of wonky Dark Souls design is a guy shortly after Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage, who is horribly weak to fire of all drat things, despite his name, appearance, and manner of attack.

Izalith is pretty loving hilarious in how obvious the "GET IT SHIPPED" work is. There's pretty much nothing except randomly placed enemies and the boss there when you can't go 5 feet in every other area without tripping over a piece of lore.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

That entire area is insanely :effort: but it's probably the worst of the post Anor Londo regions so you got nowhere to go but up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Klaus Kinski posted:

Izalith is pretty loving hilarious in how obvious the "GET IT SHIPPED" work is. There's pretty much nothing except randomly placed enemies and the boss there when you can't go 5 feet in every other area without tripping over a piece of lore.

The land of Bloom and Dragon Butts

• Locked thread