Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lastgirl posted:

no she's coming for Something Awful, and fast

Papa Lowtax needs to stash whatever goondollars he has in his cayman account before MI5 seizes the LLC assets

theyre gonna take our posts :ohdear:
keep your posts nice
vote for ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lastgirl posted:

no she's coming for Something Awful, and fast

Papa Lowtax needs to stash whatever goondollars he has in his cayman account before MI5 seizes the LLC assets

BBC today reporting that, in one of the biggest seizures yet, MI5 has confiscated the following from suspected terror supporter SomethingAwful LCC:

*Five pallets of Mangosteen
    *Three unopened boxes of Cityname Sportsteam regalia, one opened box (soiled, suspected use as catbed and/or possum nest)
    *Several dozen mismatching office chairs
    *One half-eaten can of off-brand baked beans (expired).

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

- 5 burned dvds of a movie called "Doom house"

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/871389858056372224

They were so close to a perfect play. Luckily the person who got hit isn't critical, and you can't really fault the response otherwise.

CottonWolf has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Jun 4, 2017

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Furthermore, many British voters are unaware of Corbyn's anti-Semitic associations. Others know but don't care. Those on the hard-Left, such as union activists and academics, include knee-jerk opponents of the nation-state of the Jewish people and supporters of academic and cultural boycotts of Israel. Many of these favor trade and engagement with such egregious human-rights violators as Iran, Cuba, China, Russia, Belarus and Venezuela. Singling out Israel — the Middle East's only democracy, with one of the world's best human-rights records, rule of law and concern for enemy civilians — for boycotts itself is a form of anti-Semitism

well i'm sold, thanks alan dershowitz. where do i go to vote for corbyn

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

more like alan dumbshit imo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
  • One partially damaged, unframed Land of the Minotaur movie poster
  • Collection of L-sized industrial band t-shirts. Color: black (One containing the word "Chemlab," possible evidence of terrorist plot)
  • *One Xbox, large

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
dershowitz supporting the party full of nonces eh? big surprise

loving lol

https://twitter.com/AlanDersh/status/871015594040143873

Jose has issued a correction as of 18:14 on Jun 4, 2017

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jose posted:

loving lol

:aaaaa:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Barks posted:

more like alan dumbshit imo
Derp-howitz

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

tekz posted:

Furthermore, many British voters are unaware of Corbyn's anti-Semitic associations. Others know but don't care. Those on the hard-Left, such as union activists and academics, include knee-jerk opponents of the nation-state of the Jewish people and supporters of academic and cultural boycotts of Israel. Many of these favor trade and engagement with such egregious human-rights violators as Iran, Cuba, China, Russia, Belarus and Venezuela. Singling out Israel — the Middle East's only democracy, with one of the world's best human-rights records, rule of law and concern for enemy civilians — for boycotts itself is a form of anti-Semitism

well i'm sold, thanks alan dershowitz. where do i go to vote for corbyn

:eyepop:

Wow its always strange to see people cross the line from half-truths to outright porkies

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/sta...r%3D953%23pti30

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

nopantsjack posted:

:eyepop:

Wow its always strange to see people cross the line from half-truths to outright porkies

yeah, there's no way that netanyahu's high score can compare to hitler's or stalin's

anyway hello thread I am a dumb american who wandered in basically by mistake. my understanding is that may is hilariously incompetent while corbyn is basically okay, but may is gonna win anyway because the powers that be in labor labour are still extremely offended that corbyn has ideas like "funding the NHS is good" and "refusing to support the murder of civilians, even if they're brown." is this basically correct

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/alantravis40/status/871428476477243398

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

World War Mammories posted:

yeah, there's no way that netanyahu's high score can compare to hitler's or stalin's

anyway hello thread I am a dumb american who wandered in basically by mistake. my understanding is that may is hilariously incompetent while corbyn is basically okay, but may is gonna win anyway because the powers that be in labor labour are still extremely offended that corbyn has ideas like "funding the NHS is good" and "refusing to support the murder of civilians, even if they're brown." is this basically correct

No, it's not.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

loving lol

dumbsoshitz more like!!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

This is good.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Hopes: dangerously high

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's not going to win but he's probably ended May as PM unless the tories get an unexpected massive landslide. Which was expected when the campaign started lol

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Jose posted:

unless the tories get an unexpected massive landslide

so in other words, it's definitely happening

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i mean they might but i think she's probably gone if the majority isn't 100+

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Yuckband/status/871385342401708034

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wish somebody would do this with the ToryThumbHead gallery

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jose posted:

loving lol

He opposed one of the most progressive members of the Democratic Party from becoming chair of the DNC because he was Muslim.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jose posted:

he's not going to win but he's probably ended May as PM unless the tories get an unexpected massive landslide.

A proper Gove-ing.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Argument for Corbyn win: Anything can happen in this timeline

Argument against: ... but only if it's bad

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I worry that the speech will actually get no coverage, because tomorrow will be wall to wall updates about the actual attacks.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Hopes: dangerously high

glad your hopes are on my level

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

I worry that the speech will actually get no coverage, because tomorrow will be wall to wall updates about the actual attacks.

Tories are openly campaigning online, and May & Boris have said the well of tolerance is drying up.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

its sort of internal labour infighting but also the media and generally the whole "establishment" bought into the whole Randian free market myths extremely hard while simultaneously managing to isolate themselves from the consequences. Both parties, too to the extent that minor things like public investment and even the existence of the NHS istself have become 1970s communism.

there is a gradual stirring because its now becoming so blatantly obvious that slash and sell governments harm the country that even the media and some MPs are becoming concerned but we have a long tradition of corrupt power in the UK so there is still a LOT of resistance from the handful of billionaires that control public discourse and their eager/dumb-as-pigshit lackeys.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I feel like America has a long history of religious fanatics or bombastic scam artists leading the public astray but the UK has a long history of a deeply entrenched shady perverts literally lording it over the peasantry and its only a generation out of living memory that "kill the poor people because they're worth less" wasn't officialy part of the political spectrum.

once we pissed away our white supremacist empire we just became Grima Wormtongue: The Country. the slimey moist man from the movies i dont remember what he was like in the books

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/liamyoung/statu...er%3D94%23pti17

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Nice

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/liamyoung/status/871461349326565376

corbyn winning and just making GBS threads all over the BBC politics department would be really good

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the election is tomorrow right

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

babypolis posted:

the election is tomorrow right
Thurs

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/liamyoung/status/871461349326565376

corbyn winning and just making GBS threads all over the BBC politics department would be really good

help help i'm being supressed

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

theres a big election coming up in mexico this week and british ge, should be a fun week

i kinda want to make a mexican election thread but im a lazy bastard

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

theres a big election coming up in mexico this week and british ge, should be a fun week

i kinda want to make a mexican election thread but im a lazy bastard

My friend's dad is running to be mayor of Monclova, he's polling at 3%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The PRD have been forever mocked as the looney left, it will be interesting to see if Obrador can rise to the occasion.

edit: or the National Regeneration Movement as wiki puts his party currently being, not the PRD.

Did he break off from the PRD after the scandal?