Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I liked izalith ok but boc is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lizard Wizard posted:

For years now I've been having trouble getting out of bed in the morning when my alarm goes off. Recently I got Dandy Dungeon, and this morning I just played a round of that when my alarm went off. Now I'm up.

Thanks, video games. :coffeepal:

yo is it good. dandy dungeon is by Yoshirou Kimura's indie studio onion games, kimura directed chulip (owns) and little king's story (owns)

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

yo is it good. dandy dungeon is by Yoshirou Kimura's indie studio onion games, kimura directed chulip (owns) and little king's story (owns)

Oh ok that explains a lot. Yeah, it's the only phone game in recent memory that I've been satisfied with.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
me when i frantically try to find my phone while i'm playing a phone game: "it's possible i could smoke less weed"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
By the way, I'm not sure if it's been brought up here but if you want to go see the SOny E3 conference live in theaters, tickets are up here
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/e3experience/

It's honestly usually pretty good, especially because Sony have slowly realized they should just shut the gently caress up and show games and you usually get some free PSN funbux along with some other useless digital tat.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Raxivace posted:

The second half of Dark Souls in general is kind of :effort: compared to how polished the first half is, with the DLC and the Painted World being the major exceptions.

My favorite example of wonky Dark Souls design is a guy shortly after Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage, who is horribly weak to fire of all drat things, despite his name, appearance, and manner of attack.

also the demon firesages attacks don't do fire damage, they do magic damage

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

By the way, I'm not sure if it's been brought up here but if you want to go see the SOny E3 conference live in theaters, tickets are up here

It's honestly usually pretty good, especially because Sony have slowly realized they should just shut the gently caress up and show games and you usually get some free PSN funbux along with some other useless digital tat.

would be pretty good schadenfreude if one of the theaters' air conditioning breaks down. all that nerd sweat. all of it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

would be pretty good schadenfreude if one of the theaters' air conditioning breaks down. all that nerd sweat. all of it.

...um, ok?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

Not into nerd sweat myself, but hey you do you.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
forums poster makes bad joke, film @ 11

:eyeroll:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
games chat sure does love its schizophrenic swings between "hey, we're all just cool shitposters here" to throwing rocks

is this how lurdiak feels every day?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you're getting very defensive about nerd sweat

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Now you're just acting weird. Are you ok?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
being a non-nerd who rarely perspires, it's a subject of great fascination to me, to be sure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

That entire area is insanely :effort: but it's probably the worst of the post Anor Londo regions so you got nowhere to go but up!

It's supposed to be after Anor Londo? I just carried on going down after I beat Queelag

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Now you're just acting weird. Are you ok?

better than usual, honestly. i'm just really bad at reading intent over the internet, especially from people who are probably a good 10 or 20 years younger than me. my earliest internet experiences were characterized - perhaps atypically - by an almost obscene level of sincerity and openness.

LONG BORING PRECISION STORY INCOMING JUST SKIP IT

see, my first real internet experience (aside from some BBS games or whatever, which i didn't find engaging) was a chat room for a local multi-line BBS (this was at the time extremely novel, being that this was before the internet even had a browser). what made it work was that it functioned - by design or by accident i don't honestly know - as an easy place to get ahold of multiple people at once and be like "who wants to go to dennys". everyone was who they were, nobody put up an online persona because we saw each other daily or weekly. shitlords, edgelords, assholes, all got weeded out very fast because there was a very strong emphasis on the "right, let's actually hang out together and not just putter around in our rooms all night" aspect to it. so that probably explains a lot. maybe. i dunno man, i worked my rear end off and danced my rear end off (in that order) last night so today i'm just a bit worn out.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I really liked demon souls, dark souls 1+2, and especially blood borne

I am finding it really hard to muster up the effort to buy dark souls 3

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

precision posted:

better than usual, honestly. i'm just really bad at reading intent over the internet, especially from people who are probably a good 10 or 20 years younger than me. my earliest internet experiences were characterized - perhaps atypically - by an almost obscene level of sincerity and openness.

LONG BORING PRECISION STORY INCOMING JUST SKIP IT

see, my first real internet experience (aside from some BBS games or whatever, which i didn't find engaging) was a chat room for a local multi-line BBS (this was at the time extremely novel, being that this was before the internet even had a browser). what made it work was that it functioned - by design or by accident i don't honestly know - as an easy place to get ahold of multiple people at once and be like "who wants to go to dennys". everyone was who they were, nobody put up an online persona because we saw each other daily or weekly. shitlords, edgelords, assholes, all got weeded out very fast because there was a very strong emphasis on the "right, let's actually hang out together and not just putter around in our rooms all night" aspect to it. so that probably explains a lot. maybe. i dunno man, i worked my rear end off and danced my rear end off (in that order) last night so today i'm just a bit worn out.

Wow, sounds like a real nightmare.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Mordja posted:

Wow, sounds like a real nightmare.

Yeah. Denny's sucks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah I haven't picked up DS3 yet for similar reasons. I just feel Souls'd out. Even the prospect of a Bloodborne 2: Still Huntin' doesn't really excite me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

3 is a much better game than 2, but nowhere near as good as Bloodborne. Can't wait for their next project

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Bloodborne justified my ps4 purchase all by itself.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I had poutine when I visited Montreal, it was great

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

:yikes:

real talk doe the worst day to go shopping for cool poo poo in akihabara is when it rains, or even when it's just drizzling out. every single store will smell like damp otaku

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

This sounds dorky enough to interest me. I might give it a looksee.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't think I could watch any E3 presser without commentary, it would be too boring/awkward otherwise

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't think I could watch any E3 presser without commentary, it would be too boring/awkward otherwise

tbqh the actual E3 floor presentations are too embarrassing for me to watch, I just tune in for the trailers and ~20-min gameplay previews.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My commentary is trying to read all the posts in the E3 thread while watching.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

This sounds dorky enough to interest me. I might give it a looksee.

The first year I went was when they announced FFVII and Shenmue 3 and it's kind of cool how hyped people got about this (even if recent events have made that less warranted).

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's not like people there are silent, you get a bunch of people mocking poo poo in a theater and it's just as fun (to me).

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The world is a horrible place but the fact that David Lynch is on TV against almost makes up for it all.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

drat, I gotta try transcendental meditation sometime...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Really, I just bring my phone or 3DS and ignore the screen during the down time. Last year was very short on down time though. Really it was worth it just to be in a crowd reacting when Kojima's name came up. The year before had the double whammy of the FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 reveals and it was pretty amazing to just see the theaters explode in excitement.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Mann posted:

The world is a horrible place but the fact that David Lynch is on TV against almost makes up for it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrE9PHsbCXA

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Guy Mann posted:

i never liked david lynch and i dislike him even more now

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guy Mann posted:

Yeah, the new season really owns bowns.

The White Dragon posted:

Whoa, I thought you were cool but turns out I was very, very wrong.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

The man is a national treasure. :allears:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The White Dragon posted:

I thought the worst opinion on this page was "poutine is not only edible food, but very good" until this post.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Poutine is great, and so is David Lynch, in my opinion.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No pouting about poutine young lady!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

I fuckin knew weed did bad things to your mind. Eat it, Aisha Tyler

• Locked thread