Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Your a trash tier human.

Yeah thanks dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think the people who would pay for it are much worse, can't really blame someone for capitalizing on people's utter stupidity.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Legs Benedict posted:

His trash tier human what

His trash tier human does paid carries to the lighthouse, pay attention!!!!

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

I have a PC and no console. Do you think PC will have a sizable population for awhile?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I hope the PvE content is good, I don't really care for the PvP but then again Halo was never really my thing outside of firefight

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Bolow posted:

I hope the PvE content is good, I don't really care for the PvP but then again Halo was never really my thing outside of firefight

Basically PVE is already fun if you excuse that rng is trash tier, even worse than Korean f2p mmos. Best thing however is to avoid to play solo and the game becomes thousands times more replayable.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

I'm pretty sure he was sitting on his couch like a boss, probably in a refractory period or digesting a post-workout shake for the overwhelming majority of those hours. Not sitting in a dark room at a computer desk.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm pretty sure he was sitting on his couch like a boss, probably in a refractory period or digesting a post-workout shake for the overwhelming majority of those hours. Not sitting in a dark room at a computer desk.

It's that goony feeling, not the outside appearance.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This guy has seen my stream

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Injuryprone posted:

I have a PC and no console. Do you think PC will have a sizable population for awhile?

Nobody is going to play it on PC at all.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

is post-workout shake a euphemism for cum

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
cum is cum.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hate this era of anticipation for games. Waiting months for games to release that we will consume in 20 hours (the average game, Destiny will be many more hours).

Before it was "oh, I have never seen this game before", the first time we knew about a game existing was seconds before it loaded from a tape.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Said the guy who's going to be bored in a month or two and log off never to return.

At least until the expansion.

:allears:

Unreal.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Return To Na Pali?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tei posted:

I hate this era of anticipation for games. Waiting months for games to release that we will consume in 20 hours (the average game, Destiny will be many more hours).

Before it was "oh, I have never seen this game before", the first time we knew about a game existing was seconds before it loaded from a tape.

Wasn't Halo 2 shown at E3 in 2003? That was almost 15 years ago, and I remember anticipating that game just as much as this one, if not more. Christ I can't believe that was almost 15 loving years ago. :smith:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

That E3 demo owned bones, I remember everyone cheering when MC got the SMGs and blasted some mooks away.
It wasn't in the final game but it was a pretty loving cool video.
I think the next E3 after that they showed off the Zanzibar multiplayer map and that was pretty cool too. The destructible vehicles blew everyones' minds.

Halo 2 didn't quite meet the hype, but Halo 3 was a different beast altogether and a ridiculously good game. Alongside Dark Souls, the only game that exceeded the hype last gen.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

"No no you guys, Im not going to be bored in a week, I love scarfing down huge hand fulls of poo poo 12 hours a day, seven days a week... SEEEEEEEE!?"

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Injuryprone posted:

There will be a sizable population if only because it's on the b.net launcher.

Millions of wow and ow players will log on and go "oh that game I saw a preview for before the last marvel movie just got another update. It's like this other game I like. Maybe I'll buy that instead of lootboxes in the new update."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

"Namaste bitch", I say as I do wheelies and endos on my sparrow and then do donuts and kick mud onto you as I pass you struggling with patrol bounties

wowzers!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

a harpy posted:

There will be a sizable population if only because it's on the b.net launcher.

Millions of wow and ow players will log on and go "oh that game I saw a preview for before the last marvel movie just got another update. It's like this other game I like. Maybe I'll buy that instead of lootboxes in the new update."

I am too tired right now that I don't know if this post is the most stupid thing I have read on this forum (as if the notoriously snob pc gamer community will play Destiny on pc after reading 3 years of PCMR anti-Destiny propaganda... personally I had people on an hardcore gaming FB group suggesting me to play some lovely "hyper tactical" FPS on Steam that was in early access when I tried to talk about Destiny in it) or the most clever insight on the whole Blizzard Launcher stuff and it could actually work for Acti, Blizzard and Bungie (it's difficult to see new games on stores like Apple, Google or Steam, while putting Destiny right there in the launcher can entice people on buying it). So I guess I would go with the second option. :golfclap:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

limaCAT posted:

I am too tired right now that I don't know if this post is the most stupid thing I have read on this forum (as if the notoriously snob pc gamer community will play Destiny on pc after reading 3 years of PCMR anti-Destiny propaganda... personally I had people on an hardcore gaming FB group suggesting me to play some lovely "hyper tactical" FPS on Steam that was in early access when I tried to talk about Destiny in it) or the most clever insight on the whole Blizzard Launcher stuff and it could actually work for Acti, Blizzard and Bungie (it's difficult to see new games on stores like Apple, Google or Steam, while putting Destiny right there in the launcher can entice people on buying it). So I guess I would go with the second option. :golfclap:

Hey I'm obviously a big loving PC snob and I want to play Destiny 2.

I also don't get mad about exclusives and sign change.org petitions to Rockstar begging for RDR on PC...

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limaCAT posted:

a harpy is into something. People just follow blizzard around like. I dunno, people following jesus? is a lot of people that just enjoy how Blizzard do stuff. Here on Something Awnful they have their own subforum, that means something. Maybe not something positive, but it means something.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Tei posted:

a harpy is into something. People just follow blizzard around like. I dunno, people following jesus? is a lot of people that just enjoy how Blizzard do stuff. Here on Something Awnful they have their own subforum, that means something. Maybe not something positive, but it means something.

:allears:

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

limaCAT posted:

It was mostly a joke but only mostly.

I've had people ask me if blizzard is helping develop Destiny 2 because it's gonna be on the b.net launcher. I also know many people that will buy anything blizzard makes because of "that blizzard polish" [verbatim].

Destiny 2 will be popular on PC because Destiny 2 will be popular on anything it releases on because 1000+ people are enjoying Destiny 1 right now for every post you see complaining about something in it.

If someone is worried about the population, don't be. It's gonna be fine.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The population of [platform you own] will be more than enough. The population of [platform you don't own] will be too small

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

i think there will be a sizable population on pc just because you can buy Destiny 2 with blizz bucks, im sure some wow players will try it out just because they can get it for "free"

question is if bungie doesn't poo poo the bed again after the first few hours

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I doubt Blizzard will do much about cheating if this reddit post is anything to go by.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6f0xng/one_of_the_top_500_players_on_ps4_is_a_well_known/

Destiny has serious DDOS problems in Trials and Bungie won't do a thing about it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Does Destiny have a report button on console?

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

ufarn posted:

Yes. You can report people for a bunch things. Cheating and connection are two of them.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

ufarn posted:

It is there technically.
Doesn't seem to do a loving thing, so you're better off just blocking those fucks instead of reporting them ingame.

kittycopter
May 29, 2014

Don't worry,
he soars above us...

ufarn posted:

Yes, but it's just there. It's become a joke in our alliance to say and tell everyone to report someone doing anything remotely wrong to report them for being "unfriendly, unhelpful and cheating", which are the options.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

ufarn posted:

Oh yes, butthurt redditors will use it to report adversaries just because Destiny cannot matchmake them to people from their continent.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Fun fact about the report button is that the worst abusers are the cheeto dust encrusted manchildren playing in 3v3. Don't you dare to try to complete your bounties in Salvage, Elimination or that other game mode for obese idiots if you don't have a T1 line with the console in the dmz. Dare to win and they will report you, your dog and then they will plan to come to your house and pour gasoline on your welcome mat and set it on fire. Fortunately they won't get past the Mc Donald's down the street, never mind about taking a plane to get overseas.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Oh yeah, I remember now. Shows how dumb it was.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

limaCAT posted:

Fun fact about the report button is that the worst abusers are the cheeto dust encrusted manchildren playing in 3v3. Don't you dare to try to complete your bounties in Salvage, Elimination or that other game mode for obese idiots if you don't have a T1 line with the console in the dmz. Dare to win and they will report you, your dog and then they will plan to come to your house and pour gasoline on your welcome mat and set it on fire. Fortunately they won't get past the Mc Donald's down the street, never mind about taking a plane to get overseas.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I've literally been ddoss attacked while playing trials of Osiris and reported it both in game and on Xbox live and nothing has happened. The #4 trials player on xbl for months was a 0.8 KD guy who won every match for months via disconnect and was doing paid carries to lighthouse runs. Bungie won't do poo poo until someone is so egregious that he's a minor celebrity.

Anyway here's a funny video I made about playing stormlock so I don't feel like I'm not contributing to the PC thread.

https://youtu.be/QvpBGSFoEPU

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Anyway here's a funny video I made about playing stormlock so I don't feel like I'm not contributing to the PC thread.

This video is both cool and good. Thanks for the contribution!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I've literally been ddoss attacked while playing trials of Osiris and reported it both in game and on Xbox live and nothing has happened. The #4 trials player on xbl for months was a 0.8 KD guy who won every match for months via disconnect and was doing paid carries to lighthouse runs. Bungie won't do poo poo until someone is so egregious that he's a minor celebrity.

Christ what an annoying song

• Locked thread