Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
There are a lot of sneaky routes off buildings and through cities. For instance.. everyone knows now how to jump off the roof of the apartments to the first floor so you don't take damage but did you know you could jump north to south roof to roof on the 6 white apartments cluster in georgopol?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Just won a really stupid game, but the highlight was that the second last guy, who had full sight on me running out of the blue into the circle, apparently decided to try and run me over with his jeep. I stepped out of the way and shot once with the s686, and was loving baffled to see the chicken dinner appear. I appreciate style points but maybe just use a gun in future pal.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Pro tip: if you bring the oil berries to one of the busted cars it will fix it up for you and give it a full tank, but be careful the fixing noise is kinda loud.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Guzzoline berries are delicious, you should eat them instead.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Jigoku San posted:

Pro tip: if you bring the oil berries to one of the busted cars it will fix it up for you and give it a full tank, but be careful the fixing noise is kinda loud.

Do you carry buckets around with you just in case you need to mash the berries up? I've stopped wearing shoes because I'm tired of getting headshot while untying my shoes to stomp the berries

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Do not, my friends, become addicted to chicken dinners. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Doorknob Slobber posted:

wait are people complaining about third person again

if you eat berries crafted with the vss it makes the entire server first person only

Any idea involving staring at the inventory screen for a longer period of time (crafting) is an awful idea but it seems really weird to get mad at the want for first-person only servers. At least 50 of my kills have been BS like lying prone in the grass at the top of a hill or hiding behind concrete barriers while cheesing the camera and free look. Any of the smaller buildings (concrete guard towers or the small shacks) are absolutely worthless for cover since you can see the entirety of the interior without ever having to open a door.

Free look is barely even worth it currently because of the severe frame rate drop when you let go of alt. You'd think centering your camera prior to letting go of alt would keep the game from dropping frames, but I go from 80 FPS to single digits every time I let go of alt. If you're running in a straight line and release alt when you see someone, they've got a good full second to shoot at you (still running in a straight line) as GPU recovers and I haven't gotten shot in the rear end once since I stopped using free look while running. PUBG is pretty fun but it'll be much, much better when first-person servers are running.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

Free look is barely even worth it currently because of the severe frame rate drop when you let go of alt. You'd think centering your camera prior to letting go of alt would keep the game from dropping frames, but I go from 80 FPS to single digits every time I let go of alt. If you're running in a straight line and release alt when you see someone, they've got a good full second to shoot at you (still running in a straight line) as GPU recovers and I haven't gotten shot in the rear end once since I stopped using free look while running.

drat this is better than any berry troll post. Ignorance is berries

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
I'm excited for first person servers, but get ready for a whole other set of videogamey bullshit, now related to piloting a robot with a limited set of movements instead of a body. I can only stand too high or too low to see through this car chassis! I can't peek over this low wall without exposing my entire upper body! Can't I just stand on my toes and look out this drat window???

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

causticBeet posted:

I too feel actively judged by by not being allowed in to the COOL GREENTEXT CLIQUE on discord *furiously types !stats in to my chat bar and cries as I press enter* maybe my application will be accepted next year

I don't really care that the channels exist. But I find it silly for goons to be saying KDR doesn't matter when we've got a pair of channels saying it does.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

.Z. posted:

I don't really care that the channels exist. But I find it silly for goons to be saying KDR doesn't matter when we've got a pair of channels saying it does.

KDR only matters if you require the validation from it. You could be a normal person and just not care and enjoy the game?

Or hang out in other discords?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

.Z. posted:

It only matters to some extent. Like my friend with 20 games and 2 kills, he looks like trash on paper and then you see that he actually does decent overall damage but doesn't get the last hit that often.

But also Dunning-Kruger

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Planning: I'm going to ram that guy's own jeep into him and crush him like a bug!

Execution: http://plays.tv/video/59345f3f19e7d89cc9/this-worked-better-in-my-head

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like how I can see that I've improved at the game by checking !stats. I also can't wait for the first person servers so all the milspec nerdlord try hards play exclusively on them

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

If you hate goons, there's a reddit discord that's okay.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

how do you get your team of 4 to shut the gently caress up with anecdotes and banter on mic when you're playing pubg? I feel like a miserably grumpy oval office if I keep telling them to be quiet, but I keep losing fights cause I can't tell if footsteps are retreating, advancing, or flanking.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Loopoo posted:

how do you get your team of 4 to shut the gently caress up with anecdotes and banter on mic when you're playing pubg? I feel like a miserably grumpy oval office if I keep telling them to be quiet, but I keep losing fights cause I can't tell if footsteps are retreating, advancing, or flanking.

Maybe say "someone close, quiet please."

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Loopoo posted:

I think you should switch to playing solo my friend, you seem to have an absolutely miserable time playing with anyone else in this game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I need some aiming tips, I've gotten the drop on two guys and hit them 3 times before they whipped around and instantly headshotted me. Frustrating

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Loopoo posted:

Use a third-party chat with friends and turn down the volume in the mixer. No individual voice volume in-game. In-game chat is for taunting other people or mocking them when they taunt you.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Loopoo posted:

Generally I think saying "BREAK" is (or should be) the "everyone shut up" magic word. That was used more often in the better DayZ days when you had groups of like 10 people on a channel and it got pretty crazy.

Maybe "BREAK LISTEN".

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 4, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Pleads posted:

Planning: I'm going to ram that guy's own jeep into him and crush him like a bug!

Execution: http://plays.tv/video/59345f3f19e7d89cc9/this-worked-better-in-my-head

same

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 18, 2017

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

People are usually willing to shut up if you tell them it's because you can hear poo poo nearby or need to listen. If they don't, you either need new people or to stop caring about winning.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Free look is barely even worth it currently because of the severe frame rate drop when you let go of alt. You'd think centering your camera prior to letting go of alt would keep the game from dropping frames, but I go from 80 FPS to single digits every time I let go of alt. If you're running in a straight line and release alt when you see someone, they've got a good full second to shoot at you (still running in a straight line) as GPU recovers and I haven't gotten shot in the rear end once since I stopped using free look while running. PUBG is pretty fun but it'll be much, much better when first-person servers are running.

No one is saying it, but this is definitely not a problem that most people have when using freelook. I'll be happy when the 1st person servers appear, if only so that the minority that likes it more will be less inclined to tell the majority that it's better. Hopefully.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Pan wins me games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXWAddYE-HI

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

8====>

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 13, 2017

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Ashrik posted:

No one is saying it, but this is definitely not a problem that most people have when using freelook. I'll be happy when the 1st person servers appear, if only so that the minority that likes it more will be less inclined to tell the majority that it's better. Hopefully.

I'm using the most recent nvidia drivers for my 980ti and the game hitches majorly when using freelook. When I hold alt, I can spin the camera without losing frames, but when I let go of alt, the game drops from ~80 to maybe 1 FPS for 1-2 seconds. I've been killed during the hitching before because the game won't take any inputs and I'm not able to crouch or go prone behind cover. I only look around now when I'm stationary and I haven't gotten shot in the rear end yet since I stopped using it while running a week or so ago.

Third-person cameras also allow you to do bullshit like this pretty easily, which has been in the game since March and probably won't be fixed any time soon. I haven't played first-person PUBG because of the obvious disadvantages playing against everyone using the third-person camera, so I can't say whether it's definitively better or worse, but I am sorry to have somehow offended not one, but two people with my distaste for the bad 3P camera in an early, early access game.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

owns

edit: does it seem like sometimes when you land (for example at the school) that it takes up to 30 seconds for all the weapons to show up on the ground?

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 4, 2017

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i like third person because it keeps things moving. imagine how many people would just hole up in a bathroom or shack with a shotgun if the only way to find out they were there was to get shot in the face

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

the talent deficit posted:

i like third person because it keeps things moving. imagine how many people would just hole up in a bathroom or shack with a shotgun if the only way to find out they were there was to get shot in the face

They would have to leave their hole at some point, and they would have to peek their heads out a door or window to do it. They already camp so if it doesn't change at least they have to stick their heads out to know if someone is there.

It would save me so many times running through the woods or in a field if someone has to show themselves to see me. They can't get the drop on me in that situation unless they hear me. It would cause people to be more aggressive not less because they have no other choice. Their best choice right now is third person camping. If I run through a town and can actually see them peeking out at me because they have to in order to spot anyone, it creates more engagement.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any hope a kill cam could be implemented, or is that a no-no for "realistic" FPSes?

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

qkkl posted:

Is there any hope a kill cam could be implemented, or is that a no-no for "realistic" FPSes?

I don't think anyone has ever raised any criticism against it, I just don't think there's been a hard push to put it in. There's some marginal negatives for non-solo queues, since you'd see right where they are, but there's probably ways around that.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

qkkl posted:

In solo it would be fine. But the replay feature will eliminate the need for that once it is out.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Degs posted:

I don't think anyone has ever raised any criticism against it, I just don't think there's been a hard push to put it in. There's some marginal negatives for non-solo queues, since you'd see right where they are, but there's probably ways around that.

Yeah I can definitely see why it would be a bad idea in duo and squad. I looked around on the forums and the devs did mention that they wanted kill cams at some point.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone have a problem where guns stop firing after a second when auto is on? I jumped off a Wizard's Tower/Observatory to the halfway point railing of the staircase, and despite having the fire button held down my UMP stopped firing. I died in fourth when I should've at least gotten second.

I thought it might've been the jump, but I tested in lobby and the height didn't seem to matter

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Killed myself twice last night by jumping out of a moving vehicle and forgetting the game punishes you for it. drat you GTA!

Motorbikes without sidecars are awesome fun.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Is there something about car tires that I don't understand? Twice now I've pulled up to a parked vehicle to blast the tires (and thus screw over anyone camping nearby or anyone running from the blue zone) but after a few S12 blasts, it doesn't seem like there's any actual tire destruction that I can notice. Are shotguns just bad for blowing out tires?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

You Am I posted:

Killed myself twice last night by jumping out of a moving vehicle and forgetting the game punishes you for it. drat you GTA!

Motorbikes without sidecars are awesome fun.

i shot at 2 dudes on a bike with my shotgun from a moderate distance, they freaked out and jumped off, the game credited me with their deaths and they died a hilarious death and their motorcycle flipped down a steep hill

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Appoda posted:

Is there something about car tires that I don't understand? Twice now I've pulled up to a parked vehicle to blast the tires (and thus screw over anyone camping nearby or anyone running from the blue zone) but after a few S12 blasts, it doesn't seem like there's any actual tire destruction that I can notice. Are shotguns just bad for blowing out tires?

shoot the hubcap (the center of the wheel), and it does have some hp but not that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I'm using the most recent nvidia drivers for my 980ti and the game hitches majorly when using freelook. When I hold alt, I can spin the camera without losing frames, but when I let go of alt, the game drops from ~80 to maybe 1 FPS for 1-2 seconds. I've been killed during the hitching before because the game won't take any inputs and I'm not able to crouch or go prone behind cover. I only look around now when I'm stationary and I haven't gotten shot in the rear end yet since I stopped using it while running a week or so ago.

Third-person cameras also allow you to do bullshit like this pretty easily, which has been in the game since March and probably won't be fixed any time soon. I haven't played first-person PUBG because of the obvious disadvantages playing against everyone using the third-person camera, so I can't say whether it's definitively better or worse, but I am sorry to have somehow offended not one, but two people with my distaste for the bad 3P camera in an early, early access game.

nah nah stop this offence bullshit. Nobody is offended, we're talking about a loving game.

I'm with you. It's not complaining about 3rd person, so much as acknowledging why no competitive FPS game has it is because it's bullshit for a number of reasons. The only reason its here is because Arma, which in my opinion should always be the opposite direction you go in (I found Arma an incredibly unfun group of really unpleasant people all super hyped about killing people by sniping them on a hill after hiding in a bush for 20 minutes. I'm a quake player, total opposite, for me that's the height of being a camping pussy).

But hey, this doesn't even matter because the developer agrees with us and there are plans for a first person only mode. So yeah, the battle is over, we won. People that want to play third can and the rest of us can play first.

Oh that third person bug you're talking about, the lag? That's all you dude, I never get that. Neither do my friends.

• Locked thread