Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played it, but why couldn't this be accomplished on split screen? Screen looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Lol if you think chucklefish will handle the multi-player and the port in any timely or competent manner.

I want that Paul W. S Anderson PS4 monhun, but only if Mila Jovovich is in it somehow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

I haven't played it, but why couldn't this be accomplished on split screen? Screen looking?

it was designed for japanese arcade cabinets that are built with 2 screens like the popular gundam vs games that typify the the arena battle fighting genre there.

it could be on one screen but it would probably be a lot more work than just a port and look real bad or run slow

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

Scholtz posted:

Why bother with those when you can have a game that combines the Alola and Sinnoh regions into Pokémon: Star Platinum?

You're gonna have to freeze time to enjoy all the content in Game Freak's new MMO, Pokémon: The World.

Sounds like a good remake followup to 「OR/AS OR/AS OR/AS OR/AS OR/AS」

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I'm torn, on one hand I would like to play a mainline Pokémon game on my hybrid gaming console Nintendo switch. On the other hand I really want to see the internet collapse when it is a pikachu sticker chat pack exclusive to black berry.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

6 hours to Poke Direct :woop:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Infinitum posted:

6 hours to Poke Direct :woop:

Yea and this time you can't humble brag about getting it 20 hours early. :911: #neverforget #marchthird #switchlaunch #yeabutyoupaidmore #audsuxusdrox

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

wow ok first of all

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Finally managed to get a pro controller ordered :frogc00l:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I hope they announce Mario Tennis Ultra Smash for Switch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dugong posted:

Finally managed to get a pro controller ordered :frogc00l:

Regular or Splatoon?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Wheany posted:

I hope they announce Mario Tennis Ultra Smash for Switch.

I also hope that and also Mario golf.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Regular or Splatoon?

The Splatoon one would be cool if the buttons, sticks, and dpad were coloured

Just the handles looks weird

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The thread has no got one last chance to redeem itself.

It needs to go 24 hours without devolving into bad posting to save itself. I like the Switch a lot and I like the games I have for it. I do not like the fact that every few pages there is yet another ridiculous slap fight over silly things. People jumping on others for no reason other than they 'wrong think'.

I've said many times that opposing views are fine, but they have to be funny or informative. This seems to be forgotten time after time. If we cannot manage 24 hours starting from now then the thread has to be closed and we will have a timeout for a week. Those who try to deliberately tank the thread will be sanctioned (I know who may try) but I will be watching every post.

Please can we pull it together! I believe in us!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm suddenly very worried about this Direct.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Regular or Splatoon?

I actually preordered the splat version because I lost hope amazon would restock the normal version anytime soon but just got the regular one. It's Ł5 cheaper than the splat one and I can use it now rather than late July so

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

The Splatoon one would be cool if the buttons, sticks, and dpad were coloured

Just the handles looks weird

Agreed, though the general artwork on the body of it's nice.

I may have preordered one myself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The only wrong think going on in this thread is people thinking Pokemon Stars for the Switch ain't about to be announced :colbert:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

The only wrong think going on in this thread is people thinking Pokemon Stars for the Switch ain't about to be announced :colbert:

I think it's going to be Pokemon Stars for the 3DS, and that E3 (next week!) will be All Switch All the Time.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My break is at 10 AM EST which is perfect for watching Pokémon based directs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Videogames is so cool and also my friend and should play arms with me in just 10 days :woot:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think it's going to be Pokemon Stars for the 3DS, and that E3 (next week!) will be All Switch All the Time.

I agree it's going to be a Stars announcement

All my fingers and limbs are crossed for Switch Stars

Coming off the back of Capcom announcing Monster Hunter for the Switch, which is already a massive move for an IP that is normally Japan-centric, I don't see any reason why Gamefreak wouldn't follow suit.

IF Switch Stars is announced Nintendo just basically won E3. Like if you thought the Switch was hard to find in the US now? Hooooooboooy

Wendell
May 11, 2003

VideoGames posted:

The thread has no got one last chance to redeem itself.

It needs to go 24 hours without devolving into bad posting to save itself. I like the Switch a lot and I like the games I have for it. I do not like the fact that every few pages there is yet another ridiculous slap fight over silly things. People jumping on others for no reason other than they 'wrong think'.

I've said many times that opposing views are fine, but they have to be funny or informative. This seems to be forgotten time after time. If we cannot manage 24 hours starting from now then the thread has to be closed and we will have a timeout for a week. Those who try to deliberately tank the thread will be sanctioned (I know who may try) but I will be watching every post.

Please can we pull it together! I believe in us!

Why don't you just punish the people who spend all their time trying to be as annoying as possible? This is not a both sides are bad situation!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I got to play a bit of Disgaea 5 over the weekend, I'm still doing tutorial missions but it's fun so far. It does seem a little overwhelming at times though with everything. Is it possible to view your Active quest list without running back to the Quest guy in the hub? That would be nice, it's not a huge deal but with a game like this with what seems to be a big focus on sidequests, it's just a little inconvenient.

Also, with Classes, I feel like sometimes the game is using "Class" and "Rank" interchangeably? Some of the sidequests to allow new classes to be recruitable talk about getting to a certain rank in "Mage" or "Fighter" or whatever. I think there's a few which I don't have yet anyway, but it's also somewhat confusing that there are usually a Male and Female version of what is essentially the same class (Clergy vs Cleric for example). If I have to get to a certain rank in "Healer", can I do that with either a Clergy or a Cleric?

If I enjoy this game, is it work checking out some of the earlier ones? I think there's a remake of 1 on the Vita (and the DS also), I have been curious about the series for a while so I've had a few of the earlier games on my PSN wishlist for a while.

I'll hopefully play a bit more this week.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 6, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stars for the Switch will unite the thread and everyone will be happy cool and good.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The Grip was pissing me off because it's not wide enough and felt uncomfortable after some use. After checking some teardowns on Google to makes sure nothing important is situated in the middle I Dremeled that fucker in two. It's not like I was gonna use it for anything anyway.
Turns out it worked out just fine. Now my hands are perfectly free and I get a way more comfortable grip compared to the straps. So yeah, that's a thing you can do if you're a dumbass like me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I found the joycobs hard to grip on their own. I need to be able to push into something for them to stay in my hands - I constantly felt like they were going to slip out and needed to readjust all the time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Stars for the Switch will unite the thread and everyone will be happy cool and good.

Pokken tournament deluxe with special guest hwoarang

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylrhSB3vz7A

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokken tournament deluxe with special guest hwoarang

Only if they do a Deluxe version of the stupidly wide Pokken Controller with all analogue buttons

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This thread will be torn apart by the apocalyptic fallout of the Pokemon Direct. u heard it here first folks

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Only if they do a Deluxe version of the stupidly wide Pokken Controller with all analogue buttons

It's... Beautiful. How did I go so long without seeing that? I love it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pokemon stars is announced but it's actually Pokemon S.T.A.R.S. and its the resident evil x Pokemon game that you've been waiting for, probably

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Youtuber may of accidentally spoiled something about ARMS due to Hedlok being in the testpunch. Possible spoilers follow.

He was surprised to see Hedlok as the guy is "one of" the bosses in the game and he was told not to talk about him. He figures it's fine to talk about him to some extent but isn't sure how much and lets slip something along the lines of "Yeah I dunno why he's here, you can't play as him normally from what I can tell."

Possible hidden mode or something where you get 6 punchy arms?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Zelder posted:

Pokemon stars is announced but it's actually Pokemon S.T.A.R.S. and its the resident evil x Pokemon game that you've been waiting for, probably

Is that Pokemon with tank controls, Pokemon but my trainer can spin-kick a wild pokemon's head clean off its shoulders, or Pokemon but one of the Legendaries is Albert Wesker, who fused with an Ultra Beast like Lillie's mom and stayed that way?

Edit: Added some spoiler tags because 6 months wasn't long enough for somebody!

deadly_pudding fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 6, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Is that Pokemon with tank controls, Pokemon but my trainer can spin-kick a wild pokemon's head clean off its shoulders, or Pokemon but one of the Legendaries is Albert Wesker, who fused with an Ultra Beast like Lillie's mom and stayed that way?

Yes to both and the trainer is Leon set to maximum overquip

We're talking goty here, people

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zelder posted:

Pokemon S.T.E.A.M. and it's all you favorite Pokemon and all your favorite characters from Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Zelder posted:

Chris used Rock Smash! It's Super Effective!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Famitsu Review of ARMS 33/40 not great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

NBA jam is back but now it's Pokemon all stars and you can finally dunk on people as pikachu

• Locked thread