Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

In Training posted:

Im assuming they're basically like Black and White 2.

Same, but since they're releasing just a year after Sun and Moon and Nintendo and the Pokemon Company have both been doing big DLC stuff for a while now, I'm not entirely confident. I just sorta hope it's DLC because then it'll be cheaper and I won't have two large game files sitting on my 3DS memory card that share 99% of the same assets and code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ceci n'est pas un samurai origamie

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm kind of surprised they didn't put ulta sun/moon on switch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, since when was Indivisible's soundtrack being done by Hiroki Kikuta???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uErMM_MBm68

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blackfyre posted:

Oh man I'm out of touch, thought RPS was meant to be ok. I don't often read it anymore as I found there were a lot of fluff pieces I wasn't interested in so generally just see articles when looking up info on a specific game.

You should read their beat cop review.

In fact, everyone should. It's RPS at it's lowest in recent years.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh, since when was Indivisible's soundtrack being done by Hiroki Kikuta???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uErMM_MBm68

Since the beginning.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ditty bout my clitty posted:

You should read their beat cop review.

In fact, everyone should. It's RPS at it's lowest in recent years.
the moment i stopped reading rockpapershotgun was when they published a giant article with this one woman going on with her experiences with how transformative and eye-opening the lesbian bit in fallout 1 was, and i was like 'this isn't very well written and I don't care about this woman's life story but I get the point about how depictions of homosex in media can be good for closeted kids,'

and then the article ended with "Now in my adult life, as a straight ally,"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Blackfyre posted:

Oh man I'm out of touch, thought RPS was meant to be ok. I don't often read it anymore as I found there were a lot of fluff pieces I wasn't interested in so generally just see articles when looking up info on a specific game.

Welp guess I might have to use this voucher then to give it a punt!

Goon opinions has really turned on them yeah. I dont think they are THAT bad but they do miss the point quite frequently

Serf posted:

I've yet to see a journalist who was good at a videogame in the sense that we've come to expect from streamers and youtube and whatnot. But I reckon they don't really need to be.

They dont need to be pro players but I feel like at least a decent level of understanding of game design and logic is neccesary to be a good reviewer. Like if you review a game and say "such and such was confusing and badly designed" but then it turns out the design was perfectly fine and it was you being a moron, thats a failure as a critic

Serf
May 5, 2011

babypolis posted:

They dont need to be pro players but I feel like at least a decent level of understanding of game design and logic is neccesary to be a good reviewer. Like if you review a game and say "such and such was confusing and badly designed" but then it turns out the design was perfectly fine and it was you being a moron, thats a failure as a critic

True. That's typically when I avoid bylines with that particular name attached to it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

babypolis posted:

yeah. like the nier reviewer who got mad about the fishing minigame because he kept fishing at the hardest possible spot instead of the easier spot that the game tells you to fish at and points out on your map, or w/e. that's just flatout ignoring what the game is giving you. being bad at a video game is whatever, but a lot of reviewers seem to refuse to try and understand games or try get to grips with their mechanics. and i can get that, since you have to review a shitton of games as a professional reviewer and unlike film or a book every game basically has its own language that you have to wrap your head around, but it feels like a lot of them don't even bother trying.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

Since the beginning.

Oh, I didn't really follow anything other than 'is it gonna get funded y/n' lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Are the worst people in the world still planning to boycott the game for not having as much tiddy as skullgirls?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lurdiak posted:

Are the worst people in the world still planning to boycott the game for not having as much tiddy as skullgirls?

u meen french canadians?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh, I didn't really follow anything other than 'is it gonna get funded y/n' lol

Yeah it was dicey for a while, considering they had to get an extension from indiegogo but they're chugging along.

Lurdiak posted:

idk I don't pay attention to that garbage

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mordja posted:

u meen french canadians?

:(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think I've seen a single person say this, but maybe I just haven't looked in the right wrong places.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I don't think I've seen a single person say this, but maybe I just haven't looked in the right wrong places.

https://www.change.org/p/lab-zero-games-cancel-indivisible-s-development

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wow, 48 whole signees. What a movement. And drat, those comments

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

48 supporters

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's 48 too many!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
butt fart, Washington DC

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

That's 48 too many!

It's better for your blood pressure if you just ignore people like this

edit

And besides, boycotts for video games have always meant nothing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

It's better for your blood pressure if you just ignore people like this

But they're funny.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well at least they're just coming right out and saying they don't like people with brown skin rather than trying to pretend it's something else, I guess. And I haven't followed Skullgirls but wouldn't that censorship claim mean they redrew at least one character pretty much entirely? If so that's pretty impressive.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope I can be forgiven in the next life for enjoying video games

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

Well at least they're just coming right out and saying they don't like people with brown skin rather than trying to pretend it's something else, I guess. And I haven't followed Skullgirls but wouldn't that censorship claim mean they redrew at least one character pretty much entirely? If so that's pretty impressive.

iirc they got mad because they changed a frame of animation to not be a panty shot or something

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol I love China's blatant disregard for copyright.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm maining Sephireaper.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there's literally a kung fu panda picture in there. and a sylvester stallone

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't like overwatch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

iirc they got mad because they changed a frame of animation to not be a panty shot or something

Then they should check out Guilty Gear where Jam is a panty shot machine and its also a much better game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

:mediocre:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[aside] check this out

didn't guilty gear just copy blaze blue

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I would be all for Roadhog getting that outfit though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

didn't guilty gear just copy blaze blue

What do you mean?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
N-no! What are you doing???

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Cowcaster posted:

And Sephiroth, Ezio, and an Imperial Stormtrooper.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

dont forget stripper mercy and stripper mcree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
They saw pharmercy and thought they could do better by fusing them into one character

• Locked thread