Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I blasted through like nine or ten volumes of this in the last day. It's dope. The fights are good and I like that even when the harem poo poo happens Tota is such a fuckin moron that it doesn't go anywhere or last for very long. That's my story. Namaste

Edit lmao at Kuromaru confessing their love and Tota just bring like yeah bro I love you too you're my bro bro

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
No bromo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I read all 136 chapters of this in like four days and now I have no more to read yet and I'm sad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In your haste, you have chosen....poorly.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I don't regret it because it was super dope up until the end when it went way heavier on the harem nonsense for a bit

But then we got that sweet fight scene so

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

look at that dominance

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Best girl.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Best girl only got 194 points. A shameful Japan.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

best girl Fate didn't even make the top 5, smdh

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Paracelsus posted:

Best girl only got 194 points. A shameful Japan.
:agreed:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Chamo sighting on the new cover page!

This chapter apparently does make it explicit that this is a separate timeline from the ending of Negima where Asuna came back. UQ occurs in the timeline where Asuna stayed asleep since Chao didn't just show up and change everything to a happy ending.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Looks like Chachazero makes an appearance this chapter too, going off of spoiler images. Also, butler dude from the last page of the previous chapter isn't someone we're supposed to familiar with, apparently.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=389&chapter_num=137.00

Well hello there, Chisame. I'm OK with this.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i'm being so trolled by akamatsu. there's no way she won... but if . . .???

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Space Flower posted:

i'm being so trolled by akamatsu. there's no way she won... but if . . .???

Chisame did win. Akamatsu admitted it in an interview.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
oh, that owns. let's carry on then

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And yet somehow this the timeline where she became a shut-in which kind of sucks!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Man, Chamo is looking really good. And also that moment of quiet sadness for Chachazero...

Good chapter.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm hoping this isn't a setup for Kirie being related to Chisame in some way.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They both wear glasses so it was inevitable, really.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Their hair colors are similar and Kirie's basically a Chisame expy.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

It's funny that Dana showed up for the express purpose of spending 2 chapters resolving a plot thread that was left dangling for no apparent reason in Negima.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

he's gonna ask Chisame for advice on how to confess to a girl you like, and it will cut away when she asks who he's crushing on

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

U-DO Burger posted:

he's gonna ask Chisame for advice on how to confess to a girl you like, and it will cut away when she asks who he's crushing on

Nah, this is Akamatsu making canon in a chapter the info he put at the end of one of the Japanese tankobon volumes regarding Negi's choice of Chisame.

Anyway, looks like I jumped the gun regarding the old dude. Was not expecting it to be Chamo. When he was doing the panty stealing thing, I figured he must've gotten some training from Rakan, but I guess I should've seen his relation to Negi and his underwear obsession to point at his identity earlier than it was shown. Also, Chachazero :(

Loved the flashback, though I would've thought some of the clones would be more vocal in seeing their ancestors or whatever. Maybe next chapter. That Nodoka and Yue confession slayed me. Yue all but saying out loud that she would be willing to share Negi was Nodoka in an OT3. That rejection broke my heart even if I knew it was coming. Now I can't wait for the next chapter, but monthly series is suffering.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've been mad about Chachazero since chapter 1, way to finally catch up everybody :mad:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

We got to see a bit of Best Boy Kotarou in the flashback, when will we see him in the main story???? I hope he didn't die in the fights Chamo's planning on showing them...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh boy do I like Chamo's redesign.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 10, 2017

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I was on the Nodoka train for most of Negima but Chisame is a very good choice for winning

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Chisame and timeline confirmed, a good day. And it only took 4 years.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I backed Nodoka in the first half, but jumped ship for Chisame and Chachamaru in the second.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I don't get why Ken canonized it but spoiled it before it happened.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I doubt most people read it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I mean I get that but there's no real reason to spoil it before it happens.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
When was that interview published? Maybe he didn't think he'd get this second chance.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't get why Ken canonized it but spoiled it before it happened.

My guess is somebody asked, he went "gently caress it let's just tell", did so and then made a note to put it on a proper published chapter as soon as possible.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

HellCopter posted:

When was that interview published? Maybe he didn't think he'd get this second chance.

In a volume of UQ Holder at the end of last year.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Hey, good times. That said, the monthly pacing still hurts a lot, since we're not getting a ton of info each month... but, you know, whatever works for him.

It's weird that we're being shown the Good Ending. Maybe it turns out badly since the Mage of the End is still Fate's goal there, and it creates Tota's timeline... or something...

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Sounds to me it's the same deal as Ocarina of Time, with the good end being the equivalent to the child timeline and Touta's timeline the adult timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
It feels awfully rude of Dana to whip out a tape and tell our hero "Here's the world in which you don't exist! It's very, very nice. Unlike this world which is terrible."

• Locked thread