Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol

Next year will be the 20th year in a row that Nintendo fans have expected Gamefreak to get off their rear end and make a pokemon game on something other than a gameboy. Shine on you crazy diamonds.

They won't really have a choice soon once the 3DS is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Ometeotl posted:

As long as it's not on the PS4/Switch, they consider it an Xbox exclusive.

Yeah well they don't have any of those either sooooooooooooooooo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol

Next year will be the 20th year in a row that Nintendo fans have expected Gamefreak to get off their rear end and make a pokemon game on something other than a gameboy. Shine on you crazy diamonds.

Colosseum was pretty rad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super new 3ds will pick up the torch as switch sunsets in 2019

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

If anyone expects Gamefreak to announce anything at E3 they're ignoring how all their previous games were announced

Also I thought Spider-Man was this year not 2018? :( I've been a sucker for Insomniac games since Spyro and was hoping that'd be out around August

Really my big two wants from Nintendo next week is a new Animal Crossing and telling us what Retro has been doing outside of barbecues

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jun 6, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Colosseum was pretty rad

Oh they'll license their poo poo out to other people for spinoffs and whatnot of varying quality but Gamefreak themselves aren't ever going to give you a real pokemon game on something other than THE Nintendo handheld of the day.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Astro7x posted:

But I am done buying games for the 3DS. I am not taking two portables with me. They could have just made an Ultra port for the switch and people would have been happy

Then, take one or the other. You do not need to have all your video games with you at all times.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Takoluka posted:

Then, take one or the other. You do not need to have all your video games with you at all times.

Mods???

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

It checks out!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i know pokemon was a long shot, but it kinda sucks that there arent really any portable tier games out or on the horizon for switch. i was expecting a bunch of bite sized / puzzle games that would take advantage of the portability. theres monhun coming and indie games, but i dunno i just thought theyd have more lined up by now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If anyone expects Gamefreak to announce anything at E3 they're ignoring how all their previous games were announced

Also I thought Spider-Man was this year not 2018? :( I've been a sucker for Insomniac games since Spyro and was hoping that'd be out around August

It hasnt had a gameplay reveal yet so its holday at the earliest and more likely march or april imo.

Sony likes the q1/2 releases lately. They make bank off of ea and activision in the fall enough so spreading out their big hits seems pretty smart for keeping earnings stable

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Didn't Iwata himself basically code the prototype for Colloseum himself? He ripped the models from SNAP and reverse engineered the battle mechanics.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

HyperPuma posted:

i know pokemon was a long shot, but it kinda sucks that there arent really any portable tier games out or on the horizon for switch. i was expecting a bunch of bite sized / puzzle games that would take advantage of the portability. theres monhun coming and indie games, but i dunno i just thought theyd have more lined up by now

Octopath maybe?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

at least let me play super mario world in bed for the love of god

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

all virtual console games ever released on switch

but you can only open them in table top mode

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HyperPuma posted:

at least let me play super mario world in bed for the love of god

Nintendo wants to FORGET this is the king of kings, the game of games, the mario of marios. WELL GUESS WHAT NINTENDO!!!!!!!!! WE ARENT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

super

MARIO

WORLD

(chants)

x3
(repeat)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want SNES Remix. I'd be more excited for that than Virtual Console.:colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SeANMcBAY posted:

They won't really have a choice soon once the 3DS is dead.

Multiplatform Pokemon coming soon; I can't wait! :woop:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There are 2 constants at E3.

1. Microsoft will poo poo the bed then roll in it.

2. Nintendo will have a very tight, conservative show that doesn't announce what fans are rending their garments over (Metroid Prime 4, Mother 3, Pokemon Switch, VC, Smash 5), but there will be a handful of nifty things and 1 embarrassingly​bad thing.

Sony is a wild card. Sometimes they kill it (dunking on the Xbone), and sometimes they giant enemy crab.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
smw is good

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

eonwe posted:

smw is good

I can play it on my 3ds

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
also, everybody talking winning e3 is wrong.

ubisoft wins e3 every year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frX9sJFIj_U

Metacognition
May 9, 2015

after playing on my new switch daily for the past week, i can't even stand my 3ds anymore :(

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Real hurthling! posted:

Sonys recent 1st party games have been presented at 2 shows and then get a spring release. Its pretty good scheduling for max hype.

Reveal one year, gameplay the next

I guess if we're strictly speaking 1st party stuff, yeah they're on the ball usually (last guardian aside). I meant more the whole Shenmue 3/FF7r/KH3 reveals to sell people on PS4 titles even though they have yet to surface for years.

HyperPuma posted:

How is Botw not portable? Everything in the game is compacted and the game autosaves every 10 seconds. It's more portable than the other portable zeldas aside from load times.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Metacognition posted:

after playing on my new switch daily for the past week, i can't even stand my 3ds anymore :(

Same. I don't mind the low res for most games and the 3D is still neat but it's so god drat uncomfortable to hold compared to the Switch.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There are 2 constants at E3.

1. Microsoft will poo poo the bed then roll in it.

2. Nintendo will have a very tight, conservative show that doesn't announce what fans are rending their garments over (Metroid Prime 4, Mother 3, Pokemon Switch, VC, Smash 5), but there will be a handful of nifty things and 1 embarrassingly​bad thing.

They are going to dedicate a lot of time to Odyssey, which is finally a release that fans have been clamoring for for a very long time. Sure, it's not a NEW announcement, but it's going to be gameplay and more. An open-world sandbox Mario game that isn't based off of a retro series? It's going to be amazing. (I hope)

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

1 embarrassingly​bad thing.
*flips through notecards*
Federation Force, Codename Steam, Wii Music...

It checks out!

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Ventana posted:

How is Botw not portable? Everything in the game is compacted and the game autosaves every 10 seconds. It's more portable than the other portable zeldas aside from load times.

anything can be portable when you can suspend the game, but thats just not how i play it. i like to take my time and wander and doing one thing leads naturally to the next. its not a game i would want to play in 20 minute chunks. im thinking more of puzzle games, stuff with discreet levels, short round based gameplay etc

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tempura Wizard posted:

It checks out!

Still waiting for the Vitality Sensor

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sony is a wild card. Sometimes they kill it (dunking on the Xbone), and sometimes they giant enemy crab.
Hey now. Actually happened in historical Japan.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Policenaut posted:

It already has one but they've only sold to nintendo fans

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I don't think we'll see a ton of gameplay during the direct itself. They have the treehouse right after for two days for that

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I legit would like a Switch Fit. You could do the yoga outside.:)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tempura Wizard posted:

It checks out!

I've got $5 on that Ubisoft Mario laser gun game WITH ATTITUDE is going to be the Wii Music shitshow of 2017.

Scorpio will have to do a lot more than just be a $500 roku with no games to surpass how groundbreakingly terrible the Xbone e3 was, and I can't wait to see if they do it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I've got $5 on that Ubisoft Mario laser gun game WITH ATTITUDE is going to be the Wii Music shitshow of 2017.

Scorpio will have to do a lot more than just be a $500 roku with no games to surpass how groundbreakingly terrible the Xbone e3 was, and I can't wait to see if they do it.

Rabbids will probably be only really at Ubisoft. Nintendo might mention it and have it at Treehouse.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Rabbids game looks bad, but all Rayman character models p much look bad. (I liked the viking chick in Legends well enough I guess)

Rabbids game will probably be bad, but I really hope it's good because I like playing good, fun games.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Policenaut posted:

If they'd finished the Vitality Sensor, Iwata would be with us today

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Nintendo will release a smaller form factor switch without removable joycons.

New Pokemon will run exclusively on it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

I don't think we'll see anyone top that one in our lifetimes. MS was somehow so up their own rear end thinking they had conquered gaming with the 360 that they expected people to cheer a half hour presentation about how they were going to push new DRM so hard it would completely wipe out the idea of owning a videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
BTOW was so fresh and forward thinking that I worry we thought Nintendo had changed... perhaps BOTW was the aberration? the accident? perhaps Nintendo... never changes... sigh

:negative:

• Locked thread