Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

He's the only player worse than Gorkys by B-R WAR. Gotta catch 'em all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren: NEW AL VOTE LEADER :siren:

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsMLB/status/872138744803061760

Third Base lookin' pretty good as well

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

It's better to burn out than fade away.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Scooter Gennett just hit four home runs in a game lmao

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Scooter Gennett just hit four home runs in a game lmao

what in the actual gently caress

he's the first Red to do it too :laffo:

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Something I didn't know is that four-homer games are rarer (17) than perfect games (23)..

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

"I never thought I'd hit four home runs in a game! Whoa!"

-- Scooter Gennett

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

And Gennett's only the second to slam in the process (oh my god it's revenge for what Whiten did in '93).

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Julio Cruz posted:

what in the actual gently caress

he's the first Red to do it too :laffo:

Lmao, right after Brandon Phillips threw a fit about the Reds giving another player his number, now Scooters #4 Reds jersey is probably be the only one going to the HOF

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Literally Scooter Gennett. What's weirder, this game for him or Philip Humber's perfect game?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Scooter was 0 for his last 19 until yesterday, too.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
If you're not reading the GDT, you missed absolute peak Matheney.

DurosKlav posted:

Reds had runner on first and third and 1 out I believe. Ball was hit into foul territory and Piscotty caught it up against the wall in foul territory which allowed the runner at third to tag up and score. But it turned out he more or less trapped it against the wall. So Matheny challenged the out call, it was overturned and ruled a foul ball so runner had to return to third. Wainwright then walks the batter to load the bases up and Scooter comes up and hits a grand slam.

Matheny is pure garbage.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The most cardinalish non-cardinal in baseball gets his revenge for them not signing him, a small guy with a goofy nickname

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pancakes posted:

Literally Scooter Gennett. What's weirder, this game for him or Philip Humber's perfect game?

Dallas Braden's.

Though he threw his on the most perfect day for him to have thrown one, given it was Mother's Day and he lost his mom to cancer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Wow, Correa really closed a lot of distance

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I am legitimately sad Moose is gonna get traded because I think he has a shot at Balboni's record. Jesus the Royals home run record is an embarrassment.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I hope the Cardinals lose every game until Mike Matheny is gone

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holy moly

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://deadspin.com/red-sox-announc...dium=socialflow

quote:

Boston Red Sox broadcaster Jerry Remy took bizarre exception to Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka being visited by Japanese translator Shingo Horie and pitching coach Larry Rothschild in the fourth inning of Tuesday’s game.

“I don’t think that should be legal,” Remy said. “I really don’t.”

“What is it you don’t like about that?” asked Dave O’Brien, Remy’s partner in the booth.

“Learn baseball language. You know, learn—it’s pretty simple,” Remy said. “You break it down pretty easy between pitching coach and pitcher after a long period of time.”

“I would say that probably, you know, they’re concerned about nuance being lost in some of these conversations,” O’Brien responded, trying to steer the discussion back to more inclusive ground.

this is america speak baseball damnit.

https://twitter.com/SportsFunhouse/status/872250051103477760

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tanaka should love it, or perhaps leave it

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

quote:

“Learn baseball language. You know, learn—it’s pretty simple,”

What the gently caress does this even mean? Like what kind of language is he even talking about?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? Like what kind of language is he even talking about?

You know what he means

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Intruder posted:

You know what he means

I assume he means English, but I'm just hoping he's referring to some kind of baseball universal language that being a non-baseball person I just haven't picked up on

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
M's reportedly extending Segura for 5 years at $70M.

And Felix did lovely in his AAA rehab start.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
N: Jays lost again to the Oakland Errors in spite of 8 hits
V: gently caress

Also Estrada is looking like he's playing hurt again like half of last season, his stuff isn't working right

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

You'd think after the whole Adam Jones debacle last month that a Red Sox announcer of all people would steer clear of expressing incredibly lovely, racist opinions on air.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Learn the language of baseball! Fwap! Thfwng! Shuf! HUHHHH! YERROUUUUAAAA!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Puig struck out to end the game against the Nationals's Koda Glover and Glover took exception to Puig staring at him and yelled something toward him, in which Puig walked toward the mound.

Look forward to more posturing in tomorrow's game.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm shocked that Machado isn't doing so well, as one of the young faces of the game, but I love the enthusiasm for Sano. Who doesn't love a beefy third baseman who mashes taters? I guess, when you stick evidence in front of fan voters, people actually pay some attention?

Is that supposed to be a play on string quartet? Oof

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

alpha_destroy posted:

I am legitimately sad Moose is gonna get traded because I think he has a shot at Balboni's record. Jesus the Royals home run record is an embarrassment.

I'd be willing to give him way too much money in an extension solely because he might have a chance to break that record.

Trade everyone else off though.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

remy knows they play a gently caress ton of baseball in non-english speaking countries right

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Probably not

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

I'm shocked that Machado isn't doing so well, as one of the young faces of the game, but I love the enthusiasm for Sano. Who doesn't love a beefy third baseman who mashes taters? I guess, when you stick evidence in front of fan voters, people actually pay some attention?

It helps that it's online only now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Waffles Inc. posted:

remy knows they play a gently caress ton of baseball in non-english speaking countries right

Also, 90% of pitching-related terms are just loan words to other languages anyway.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Also, 90% of pitching-related terms are just loan words to other languages anyway.

And I'm guessing no team actually believes this should be a requirement. Who wants to take risks that something is being lost in translation?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

tadashi posted:

And I'm guessing no team actually believes this should be a requirement. Who wants to take risks that something is being lost in translation?

It's ridiculous, especially given Tanaka's struggles this season.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
reds fans, that's scooter gennett in a nutshell. a frustrating flawed player who will occasionally go on streaks of brilliance that make you think "maybe he's putting it together" but then nope he's still just a man who goes by the name of a muppet baby (really).

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Emilio Bonifacio released :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sorry YouTube guy, there's a new Ding Quartet in town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOOMEVMAF4Q

• Locked thread