Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Emilio Bonifacio released :toot:

our long regional nightmare is over

seriously how lovely do you have to be to lose your job to Danny Santana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Cleveland has a guy on their Dominican Summer League team named Makesiondon Kelkboom

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

Cleveland has a guy on their Dominican Summer League team named Makesiondon Kelkboom

He's Jurickson Profar's cousin, I heard.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is incredible and I don't care that it's huge, I want people to watch it

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/06/06/1469395883/1496791636535/asset_1800K.mp4

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Did it hit that catwalk? Burn down the Trop, jfc.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
What the hell happened there?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"I thought he was really good," manager Don Mattingly said. "I think it was just the fourth out that you're asking him to get in the fifth was the big one. Once he punches out Jay there for the third out, we just weren't able to get the fourth one."

this is some A+ legit salt

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Ugh, that home run call.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, La Canfora isn't just a bad NFL reporter, he's a bad baseball fan.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/872261342308302849

The Orioles won in the 10th after hitting 3 post 7th inning home runs if you're keeping score.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Poque posted:

"I thought he was really good," manager Don Mattingly said. "I think it was just the fourth out that you're asking him to get in the fifth was the big one. Once he punches out Jay there for the third out, we just weren't able to get the fourth one."

this is some A+ legit salt

Yeah... it's one thing for umps to have different strike zones among them, but it's an entirely different thing when they aren't even nearly consistent about it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

iospace posted:

Yeah... it's one thing for umps to have different strike zones among them, but it's an entirely different thing when they aren't even nearly consistent about it.

we were down the third base line, so we couldn't see inside vs outside, but were in perfect position for low/high calls and nothing made any sense ever

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Did it hit that catwalk? Burn down the Trop, jfc.

Nope, it hit literally nothing. He just misplayed the ball so badly that the umps assumed the ball hit something over the fence and then defied physics and bounced back towards it, and apparently the replay officials stuck with the call because there weren't any other cameras since the trop is a dump.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
what on earth do those announcers think it hit? It's in the middle of empty space.

edit: I love seeing "#Parks: 0" on hittrackeronline

http://hittrackeronline.com/hrdetail.php?id=2017_2103

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
You can see the ball the entire way from his bat until it hits the ground and it just had a lot of spin on it. It didn't make any jarring change of direction. Consider the home run a punishment for misplaying it so badly. :colbert:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

IcePhoenix posted:

Even more proof that NY is hilariously incompetent, like :lol: how does that call stand?

That was legit the worst route on a ball I've seen an OF take all season, though. I think Nunez would have made a better play on that.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

You can see the ball the entire way from his bat until it hits the ground and it just had a lot of spin on it. It didn't make any jarring change of direction. Consider the home run a punishment for misplaying it so badly. :colbert:

Agreed. I used my finger to track it. :science:

It breaks like an Archer slider.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

1980 lakers could probably beat this warriors team

You'd have to extrapolate out 3 point shooting tho

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sydin posted:

Even more proof that NY is hilariously incompetent, like :lol: how does that call stand?

That was legit the worst route on a ball I've seen an OF take all season, though. I think Nunez would have made a better play on that.

Because Trop has terrible camera points, so they didn't have much to go on.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The best part is that the announcers go "Kiermaier is such a great CF that there's no way he misread the ball, it has to have hit something."

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

The best part is that the announcers go "Kiermaier is such a great CF that there's no way he misread the ball, it has to have hit something."

Like some strange Greg Maddux treatment for an outfielder, but not helpful at all.

There's no way he misplayed that that bad, so it must be a home run now.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Braves confirm they are bringing up Sean Newcomb to start one of the doubleheader games on Saturday.

Wisler is coming up as the 26th man to make the other start, which lets them circumvent the "10 days before recall" rule.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Camera angles? What more camera angles do you need. You have a clear shot at the ball the whole way. It doesn't hit anything. LOL

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
it looked to me like it just scraped the top of one of the rings and sort of took a slight bounce back up and to the side.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Back back back...and to the left.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

IcePhoenix posted:

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/06/06/1469395883/1496791636535/asset_1800K.mp4

Oh my God, Hawk does his stupid, insufferable call after the replay calls it a home run. Jesus. Retire, you red-faced fat gently caress.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lost in this is apparently if you hit anything that's hanging down from the roof in Tampa it's a homerun? What kind of rule is that?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Even better the Rays probably employ another piece of poo poo domestic abuser too!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Intruder posted:

Lost in this is apparently if you hit anything that's hanging down from the roof in Tampa it's a homerun? What kind of rule is that?

:eng101: There are four rings. If you hit them in foul territory, it's foul. If you hit A or B in fair territory, it's a fair ball and you play it where it comes down. If a ball gets stuck, it's a ground rule double.

If you hit C or D in fair territory, it's a home run.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

If you hit C or D in fair territory, it's a home run.

If I'm seeing / understanding it right, the claim is that the ball hit the lowest (D) ring. And since the call on the field was home run, the replay guys needed a replay that showed that it didn't in order to over turn it. Which they didn't have since there was only a single drat camera angle?

Basically LOL at Tropicana Field?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

Don't tell Miguel Sano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3k2xLTToFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTQHpbTtI4

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Timby posted:

Oh my God, Hawk does his stupid, insufferable call after the replay calls it a home run. Jesus. Retire, you red-faced fat gently caress.

This was my reaction.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
justin smoak has more RBIs than strikeouts. 43-39.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 8, 2017

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

euphronius posted:

1980 lakers could probably beat this warriors team

You'd have to extrapolate out 3 point shooting tho

This is so wrong it's not even the right sport.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The 1980 Lakers could probably beat this Giants team

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

This is so wrong it's not even the right sport.

I think it's right :shrug:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

New Concept Hole posted:

The 1980 Lakers could probably beat this Giants team

This is rapidly turning into xkcd's Sweet 16 bracket.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I have an alert

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/872601812154675200

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
N: RA Dickey is still pitching but is clearly on the declining side of his career trajectory with his ERA up to 5

V: he's still better than Liriano and the garbage call-ups Toronto tried on for starters when their rotation died in a bus accident

Toronto won today but I'm concerned the suck is real given they somehow dropped 2/3 to the awful Oakland As

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Cardinals lost another game where they had a 2-3 run lead late in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
The Jays dropped 3/4 to the loving Braves and then rampaged through May so maybe that'll happen again now (it probably won't).

I think I might actually cry if they trade Donaldson away, I'll miss him that much.

• Locked thread