Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I still really want an Avatar in space. I'd love to see fire benders starting rockets or earth benders shoot meteors at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't know, I think Korra was already pretty rough at times, I think dragging it out in the first place was a bad idea. A third series seems like an​ awful idea.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

Loud House looks nice and it isn't bad, but the plots tend to be pretty bog-standard family-oriented kids' show stories and the sisters are all pretty one-dimensional.

It's basically an animated Full House where a bunch of inoffensive suburban white people deal with a bunch of inoffensive suburban white people problems. Which is fine if you like that kind of thing I guess but I have a very hard time getting invested in it. Pluss, that genre's breed of Hallmark gift card forced sincerity has always came across as contrived and annoying to me (and boy howdy does TLH have a lot of that poo poo).

nerdman42 posted:

I still really want an Avatar in space. I'd love to see fire benders starting rockets or earth benders shoot meteors at each other.

See also: Avatar in the 80s

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
My dream series is basically martial arts worldbuilding in cgi, possibly in space, not avatar but something inspired by it.
Turtles 2012 season 1+2 came close to what I wanted but doesn't tell a complete story, had unfortunately shallow characters, failed in many ways... I still liked the grotesque and fun designs and it proves that CGI can do both good fights and characterization, both it and TF Prime manged to do subtle facial and body language at times that you couldn't pull off on a reasonable budget for traditional animation.
Many scenes in season 1 were JUST to show they had done their research on Ninjas, their philosophy, their fighting techniques and weapons. Like slowing down the first Raphael fight to show him using his Sais the right way, explaining how they make smoke bombs, etc. There was so much promise there for a series as well researched as Avatar.
Maybe I'm angrier at how the series disappointed everyone than I thought I was.
(When the current seasons of Doctor Who and Kamen Rider AMAZONZ finish, I'll probably watch something american and mature like Preacher or American Gods, but maybe I'll finally watch that Green Lantern series from a while back...)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
On one hand, Avatar was a creative world with great characters and ideas. On the other hand, Korra really struggled with the "seasons as independent mini-series" pacing. If they were to come back, I think they'd need to commit to doing longer seasons and arcs because tight pacing doesn't seem to be their strength.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

FronzelNeekburm posted:

On one hand, Avatar was a creative world with great characters and ideas. On the other hand, Korra really struggled with the "seasons as independent mini-series" pacing. If they were to come back, I think they'd need to commit to doing longer seasons and arcs because tight pacing doesn't seem to be their strength.

Yeah, I only watched the first season of Korra, and the abysmal pacing really killed my interest in the series. In the first few episodes they set up what felt like a very interesting world with a morally gray and compelling conflict, but then they spent so much time on stuff like Bending Sports that they had to rush through the Actual Plot in a few episodes, abandoning any chance to grant additional characterization to the villains or provide any additional nuance to the plot, which were two of TLA's greatest strengths. It just felt as though the entire first season was filled with missed opportunities, and by the time the second season came around I didn't have any interest in keeping up.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah, I only watched the first season of Korra, and the abysmal pacing really killed my interest in the series. In the first few episodes they set up what felt like a very interesting world with a morally gray and compelling conflict, but then they spent so much time on stuff like Bending Sports that they had to rush through the Actual Plot in a few episodes, abandoning any chance to grant additional characterization to the villains or provide any additional nuance to the plot, which were two of TLA's greatest strengths. It just felt as though the entire first season was filled with missed opportunities, and by the time the second season came around I didn't have any interest in keeping up.

The second season is a million times worse at this.

edit: Like if I just described the episode-to-episode plot to you I would sound like an insane schizophrenic, but I wouldn't be able to talk about anything else because the characterization is so strange and makes everyone come off as a petty jerk.

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 8, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

mycot posted:

You know, people upthread have mentioned how Nick burned them by burying the 3rd and 4th seasons, but really, considering how badly the 1st and 2nd seasons performed, it's kinda a miracle those seasons were put out at all.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mycot posted:

edit: Like if I just described the episode-to-episode plot to you I would sound like an insane schizophrenic, but I wouldn't be able to talk about anything else because the characterization is so strange and makes everyone come off as a petty jerk.

There's even a season 4 episode that makes fun of the 2nd season's plot and villain.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I tapped out in the middle of Season 2, but I heard the show got much better by the end, so maybe I'll go back and finish it at some point.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Either that or focus on standalone stories with a Problem of the week style format and maybe a hint of overarching plot

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Benne posted:

I tapped out in the middle of Season 2, but I heard the show got much better by the end, so maybe I'll go back and finish it at some point.

Yeah, while the series as a whole isn't quite as good as it's predecessor the last 2 seasons are probably the best of the whole show. It's just too bad the first half is kind of rough as the first few episodes are actually really good, then, as has been mentioned, it gets bogged down with unnecessary details and has to rush to finish it's story (the reduced episode count per season probably didn't do them any favors either). The latter half is a lot better paced in that regard.

If there ever is a third series I hope they learn from their mistakes and pace it more like the first show (that is, one continuous story rather than loosely connected mini-arcs). Then again, the prospect of there even being another show is doubtful at this point seeing as Nick doesn't really care too much about the franchise and I'm not sure what other network would be willing to pick it up (or if that's even possible as Nickelodeon probably still owns full rights to the property).

There are still avenues they could cover if they did one day decide to make another series though. I don't remember if this has been touched on in Korra or the comics but it might be interesting to know just what Bending is, is it something you're inately born with by chance or could it potentially be taught to anyone with enough work? Also, if the Avatar is capable of using all 4 elements what's stopping any Bender from trying to learn another element as well?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 8, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Seasons 3 and 4 are basically up there with Season 2 of ATLA for me, so that made it worth it for me. But as it is, I think continuing to explore the world with the comics is the best option.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

As someone who Loved To Complain About Those First Two Seasons Of Korra, 3 and 4 were pretty great.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

FilthyImp posted:

Nick chased that Disney Channel dragon pretty hard in the post-Nicktoons era. As a result, they kind of sanitized all the weird Nick stuff they produced (Like Wienerville), with their last gasp being Zim. They leaned on Klasky Csupo pretty hard, but the As Told by Ginger/Rocket Power years kind of killed their prominance.

Disney, meanwhile, found out that having a ginormous parent company meant you had a pretty infinite supply of young actors you could groom for post TV careers in music and acting. Get one High School Musical and it doesn't matter how many Camp Rocks you put out, in other words.

How did CN get where it is recently? Back in ye old days of the late 90s, early 2000s my understanding was that Cartoon Network was in third place compared to Nick or Disney in most ways but its reached crazy heights artistically, compared to Nick especially, since like 2010.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Dangerous Person posted:

Sumner Redstone is a very Original Character Do Not Steal kind of name

EDIT: Wow, this article goes places

Holy poo poo, he makes Donald Trump look like he aged with grace and dignity, the hair is straight from a ken doll.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i thought season 3 was a bit tepid but season 4 of korra is legitimately amazing and brings the whole series to a satisfying close. i really like that they brought back some of the previous villains and made a real point of showing how she fought kuvira differently than the others.

more to the point, the beam cannon special effects were awesome

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I always thought Korra took the magic out of Avatar. The world in last airbender seemed to be a world shaped around bending whereas Korra was a world that wanted to be modern.

Also thought a better idea for a sequel to Last Airbender would be to explore the loose ends as tv movies.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

khwarezm posted:

How did CN get where it is recently? Back in ye old days of the late 90s, early 2000s my understanding was that Cartoon Network was in third place compared to Nick or Disney in most ways but its reached crazy heights artistically, compared to Nick especially, since like 2010.

It helps that CN has managed to home-grow a ton of talent. Starting from the mid-2000s on shows like Camp Lazlo and Flapjack they were able to draft and develop creators like Pendleton Ward (AT, obviously), J. G. Quintel (Regular Show), and Patrick McHale (Over the Garden Wall), and then through the shows those creators developed they found additional talent in people like Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quartey.

It also helps that their brief foray into CN Real bombed horribly, so they had no choice but to re-commit to animation to define the network, whereas animation on Disney and Nick has to compete for airtime with live-action shows.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The first season of Legend of Korra was all about pro-bending and love triangles, and if you like that, you'll be happy, if you don't, you won't. Of course, neither the romance nor the sports really have any satisfying endings, especially if you keep watching into the later seasons where everything important in the previous season is dropped like a bad habit.

Of course, if you want to see an extension of Avatar that hits upon the themes of the four nations trying to get along, the complications of industrialization in a spiritual society, or what happens with the main characters after the war's over, read the comics. They're great and better than Korra.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah, I think CN's winning strategy was to start greenlighting shows from younger creators (JG Quintel, Ben Bocquelet, Pendleton Ward, Rebecca Sugar, and Skyler Page, to name a few, were all in their mid 20's when their shows started airing) and cultivating talent among the crews of those shows. I dunno what the corporate culture there is like but considering the retention rate they've got I've gotta imagine it's pretty good towards creative types.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Pakled posted:

Yeah, I think CN's winning strategy was to start greenlighting shows from younger creators (JG Quintel, Ben Bocquelet, Pendleton Ward, Rebecca Sugar, and Skyler Page, to name a few, were all in their mid 20's when their shows started airing) and cultivating talent among the crews of those shows. I dunno what the corporate culture there is like but considering the retention rate they've got I've gotta imagine it's pretty good towards creative types.

It's crazy to think how Flapjack alone indirectly spawned something like four or five different shows through the people that worked on it, including Gravity Falls.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
CN got on the map by airing old classic cartoons and reintroducing them to a new generation (Ted Turner scoring both the Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes rights is an underrated stroke of genius, given how protective companies are of IP these days). They used that momentum to develop in-house creators and groom them for new projects, which gave us the modern-day classics like Dexter/PPG/Johnny Bravo/etc.

During that time, CN made the other underrated genius move, tapping into the 18-25 market with Toonami and Adult Swim. Making it "cool" to watch a channel called "Cartoon Network" is no small feat. So now they had kids watching for the current product and young adults watching for the "serious" cartoons. They lost their way for a bit (I don't think anyone is seriously nostalgic for the mid-to-late-2000s period), but CN eventually caught fire again with the current crop of AT/SU/Regular Show/Gumball/etc.

Pakled posted:

This is true, and I think an added benefit is that all those kids who grew up watching CN are now old enough to finish college and want to work for CN, thus creating yet another generation of bright, inventive creators.

I know it's popular to concern-troll about CN and all the poo poo they do wrong (I won't disagree, given how often I see like 50 hours of TTG on the schedule), but the stuff they do get right, they really get right.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

I always thought Korra took the magic out of Avatar. The world in last airbender seemed to be a world shaped around bending whereas Korra was a world that wanted to be modern.

Same. It also felt like a story without an end goal, if that makes sense. Last Airbender had a structure even if it went and did comedy or other stuff along the way. The entire series had one end goal: Defeat the Fire Nation, and each season led to that goal by having Aang learn an element (while his companions experienced their own personal growth).

Korra, by comparison, starts with a weak rear end goal right from the start: Korra has to learn airbending*. Whoopee. And yes, there's a threat to be dealt with in the form of Amon and there's worldbuilding and stuff, but the show never feels like it's building to anything. And then after that each season introduces its own threat and then succinctly deals with it, but the show still never feels like it's building to anything except dealing with the next threat. 3 and 4 kind of worked by sending the world into sort of chaos, which is what the Avatar's supposed to prevent, but there was never a real overarching enemy like the Fire Nation in Avatar.

*Side note: this never made a lot of sense anyway according to the show's own rules. Earthbending was supposed to be hard for Aang because the elements were diametrically opposed; so Korra, the natural waterbender, should have problems with fire. But at the show's beginning, baby Korra's already throwing flames and for some reason when she gets to Republic City she has problems with airbending because ???

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

khwarezm posted:

Well, you just have to remember that Adventure Time was a Nickelodeon short that was picked up by CN, right?

Nick's problem was that it wanted to surpass Disney as the Go To for children's programming, but it's entire identity was built on a counterculture
vibe (kind of like Kids Next Door) that was oppositional to parents and normalcy.

Nick at Night was their weird way to get Old People buy-in to bolster their late night audience -- and part of me wonders if the OG Adult Swim was swiping at them. But if you look at their heyday of programming, they really embraced the idea that being a kid (or a young teen) is just all kinds of chaos and absurdity. That's unsustainable if you want to be the leader, because you lose that edge that allows you to be the crazy underdog. Nick also neglected to build a strong feeder system for their animated or live-action stuff, so when ClaskyKsupo fell out of favor when SpongeBob became a massive hit, there wasn't a slew of talent ready to step up. They did ok with Frederator for a short time, but same.

To me (and this is biased as hell because it's TeenMemories.txt), CN's success hinges on 3-5 "eras" of invention.
You start with Space Ghost Coast to Coast, which teaches us that nonsequitor humor works and that their forgotten animated characters can still be useful.

The WhatACartoon! series of shorts that spawned a ton of innovative little series (Johnny Bravo, PowerPuff Girls, Cow and Chicken) allowed them to snatch up young animators or people relatively new.
Next, the Toonami launch allowed them to successfully package and leverage their library of old animated properties, eventually leading to them being able to take risks with stuff (Real Adventures of Jonny Quest bombed, but dubbing the last of Sailor Moon R and DBZ Frieza is still paying dividends).
This grows into TOM Toonami, whose focus on anime signals that CN is developed enough to stop propping up it's old shows.
This is followed by the Adult Swim block (growing out of Toonami Midnight Run), which goes all in on original programming, serves as a secind renaissance for a number of shows and embraces creative stuff that might even alienate viewers.
That keeps until CN Real fails abysmally, with Chowder/Flapjack serving as a prelude to AT, RD, and all the current go-to series that branch out from there.

Unsurprisingly, a lot of their success comes from being able to nurture talent, with the occasional risk taken with programming and following up on their hits.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Benne posted:

CN got on the map by airing old classic cartoons and reintroducing them to a new generation (Ted Turner scoring both the Hanna-Barbera and Looney Tunes rights is an underrated stroke of genius, given how protective companies are of IP these days). They used that momentum to develop in-house creators and groom them for new projects, which gave us the modern-day classics like Dexter/PPG/Johnny Bravo/etc.

During that time, CN made the other underrated genius move, tapping into the 18-25 market with Toonami and Adult Swim. Making it "cool" to watch a channel called "Cartoon Network" is no small feat. So now they had kids watching for the current product and young adults watching for the "serious" cartoons. They lost their way for a bit (I don't think anyone is seriously nostalgic for the mid-to-late-2000s period), but CN eventually caught fire again with the current crop of AT/SU/Regular Show/Gumball/etc.

This is true, and I think an added benefit is that all those kids who grew up watching CN are now old enough to finish college and want to work for CN, thus creating yet another generation of bright, inventive creators.

I know it's popular to concern-troll about CN and all the poo poo they do wrong (I won't disagree, given how often I see like 50 hours of TTG on the schedule), but the stuff they do get right, they really get right.

Yeah they made a point about how strong of a backlog they had compared to any other channel with cartoons back in the early days;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMqFcuSutE8

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Same. It also felt like a story without an end goal, if that makes sense. Last Airbender had a structure even if it went and did comedy or other stuff along the way. The entire series had one end goal: Defeat the Fire Nation, and each season led to that goal by having Aang learn an element (while his companions experienced their own personal growth).

Korra, by comparison, starts with a weak rear end goal right from the start: Korra has to learn airbending*. Whoopee. And yes, there's a threat to be dealt with in the form of Amon and there's worldbuilding and stuff, but the show never feels like it's building to anything. And then after that each season introduces its own threat and then succinctly deals with it, but the show still never feels like it's building to anything except dealing with the next threat. 3 and 4 kind of worked by sending the world into sort of chaos, which is what the Avatar's supposed to prevent, but there was never a real overarching enemy like the Fire Nation in Avatar.

*Side note: this never made a lot of sense anyway according to the show's own rules. Earthbending was supposed to be hard for Aang because the elements were diametrically opposed; so Korra, the natural waterbender, should have problems with fire. But at the show's beginning, baby Korra's already throwing flames and for some reason when she gets to Republic City she has problems with airbending because ???

It doesn't make sense if you forget that there's a mental/emotional component to bending. Aang had the most difficulty with Earth since it contrasted too much with his own mindset (it's been a while since I watch AtLA so I might be a little off). In Korra's case, she couldn't quite get Airbending since her own mindset wasn't quite in tune with what wss needed for Airbending.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

It doesn't make sense if you forget that there's a mental/emotional component to bending. Aang had the most difficulty with Earth since it contrasted too much with his own mindset (it's been a while since I watch AtLA so I might be a little off). In Korra's case, she couldn't quite get Airbending since her own mindset wasn't quite in tune with what wss needed for Airbending.

Problem with that is in a later episode Avatar Roku, a natural Firebender, admits to Aang that he at first had difficulty learning Waterbending, which would seem to imply it is an issue with the two elements being opposed to each other (at least partially).

Also as bad as Korra's second season was I did kind of like the little arc they did about the life of the first Avatar. I still wish they'd have just picked one story and stuck with it rather than doing a series of loosely connected mini-arcs.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 8, 2017

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah they made a point about how strong of a backlog they had compared to any other channel with cartoons back in the early days;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMqFcuSutE8

You know this makes me wonder if there are any proper places for kids to watch the old Warner bros. or MGM theatrical shorts like Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry these days. That was one of the best things about CN back in the day and it would be a shame if they faded out of the public eye since they are so good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Boomerang's app.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

khwarezm posted:

You know this makes me wonder if there are any proper places for kids to watch the old Warner bros. or MGM theatrical shorts like Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry these days. That was one of the best things about CN back in the day and it would be a shame if they faded out of the public eye since they are so good.
Those shorts are, sadly, kind of a cyclical affair. If you're in the Young 30ish age range, you probably remember catching Looney Tunes on ABC's One Saturday Morning (or whatever preceded it) or on CN at random hours. That's largely because their rights weren't all that expensive, there was an Old Animation revival after Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and --by the time you were a teen-- Space Jam became popular.

You'll notice that old Woody Woodpecker cartoons aren't really anywhere, and old Tom & Jerries are maybe on Boomerang (as the poster above mentioned).

I noticed a lot of the old shorts were scaled back in prominence following The Looney Tunes Show and Wabbit! becoming a thing (which is pants-on-head backwards as far as I'm concerned).

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Entertainment Weekly has a big article about Ducktales and shows some new characters. This is my most anticipated show this year.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Those are some good ideas and relevant world building.
The buzzworthy rich tech nerd could be pretty funny if they pull it off right.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Larryb posted:

There are still avenues they could cover if they did one day decide to make another series though. I don't remember if this has been touched on in Korra or the comics but it might be interesting to know just what Bending is, is it something you're inately born with by chance or could it potentially be taught to anyone with enough work? Also, if the Avatar is capable of using all 4 elements what's stopping any Bender from trying to learn another element as well?

I thought they explained this in the Korra TV show.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

I thought they explained this in the Korra TV show.

They might have, it's been a while since I saw it (I'm actually in process of rewatching both shows at the moment and only just finished the original).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 8, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

khwarezm posted:

I still remember when they first started censoring the old looney tunes shortly before they just stopped airing them, with one episode I remember they massively edited it, I think the plot was character A thought character B died so he was trying to kill himself throughout the episode but it was edited so heavily over half of it was cut and there was just suddenly a jumpcut to a couple frames at the very end with character A having a noose on his neck and a gun in his hand before rushing to character B returning.

I can't even imagine how many of the racist episodes they had to edit or just stop airing and once those were gone all they had left were a handful of violent ones and the actually good ones with bugs and daffy and/or fudd.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 8, 2017

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Talkin bout Cartoon Network without linking Kaptainkristian? For shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Et4vu4lpPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkup4zo97E0

FilthyImp posted:

The WhatACartoon! series of shorts that spawned a ton of innovative little series (Johnny Bravo, PowerPuff Girls, Cow and Chicken) allowed them to snatch up young animators or people relatively new.

It also had a predecessor to Family Guy

Sockser fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 8, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I stopped watching Nickelodeon in 1997/1998, and I never moved on to another "kids' network" after that. So I missed out on the Cartoon Network stuff of the late '90s. Luckily, I got into it when it was getting big again with Adventure Time and Regular Show. I'm sure those shows will be looked back upon nostalgically by kids today in the same way people my age look at stuff like Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Benne posted:

I'm convinced that the reason people say that is because the only the diehard fans stuck around after season 2. They are sort of like the people that say the Simpsons is still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Larryb posted:

They might have, it's been a while since I saw it (I'm actually in process of rewatching both shows at the moment and only just finished the original).

Short answer : magic.

long answer : Lion Turtles give peeps bending to go get food.

longer answer : Avatar Wan the 1st avatar hosed up .......blahblah a series of unfortunate event............ magic. Also Fire is the best element because it came first.

God you nerds got to stop being such giant nerds.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 8, 2017