Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

I agree that Tsukasa isn't going to randomly job out, though I wouldn't say that the sort of primitivism shown in the comic is anything remotely respectable/intellectual. Like, Tsukasa's motivation seems to literally be "I just like this simple livin'".

actually it's "no you shut the gently caress up dad" and senku being the dude with the radest dad can not grasp his motivations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what happens to tsukasa's ideology when he turns 18 or w/e the age of majority is in japan

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan
Magi should be remembered as better than a lot of its contemporary Shounen manga. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Magi/Night-349?id=367470

This is a good conclusion to the fights. Much better than a harder punch.

Now there's probably only a few chapters left?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Peel posted:

I don't see why you'd assume that. But there's a few times that same weird assumption in this thread that Tsukasa is secretly a useless idiot doomed to job to someone, either a bigger version of himself or the power of science, so far as I can tell because goons tend to be science fans and can't take his views at all seriously. But 1. primitivism has a respectable intellectual pedigree and is no less coherent than most anime villain philosophies, 2. he is personally extremely intelligent and has been hyped heavily as both a rival and a main villain in the prologue, and 3. there's no particular reason besides his opponents being the heroes why he's doomed to lose, primitivism is only even in question because Senkuu is a literally comic-book supergenius who can skip the thousands of years and thousands of people required to develop sophisticated theoretical knowledge. Tsukasa has nothing in Senkuu in the OTT superhuman stakes.

Remember also that he uses technology (spears, nitric acid, etc) himself and is clearly well-read. He just doesn't want advanced technical civilisation.

He's so intelligent that he's been played twice, if not three times already.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

lmao

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ConanThe3rd posted:

He's so intelligent that he's been played twice, if not three times already.

Yeah, by a character who's basically a genius. Tsukasa ain't super smart or anything but he's portrayed as fairly intelligent and not a huge moron, outside of like his philosophy of adult murder I guess.

He is a dangerous guy who will probably be the main villain for an arc or two and not just get punked out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Promised Neverland has good monster design. Though i'm not quite sure how a thing that big was able to sneak up on them. But it looks neat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure why the Dr. Stone author thinks we need a multiple chapter long flashback at this point. This should've been like chapter 2.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This seems like a very charming series about a girl working as the caterer in a Maiko boarding house. I just read the first chapter and it's very cute, well-drawn, and has some drat nice looking food. I get a very Ghibli-style feel from Kiyo.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Maiko-san-Chi-no-Makanai-san

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I don't know about you guys, but I'm enjoying We Never Learn. It's not deep or innovative or anything like that, it's just nice.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mikl posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm enjoying We Never Learn. It's not deep or innovative or anything like that, it's just nice.

I like it a lot too! Even if the latest chapters have been playing into the fanservice/tropes a little harder than it did early on, it's consistently charming and fun to read and the characters are cute as heck.

Rizu in particular.

"Rizu, are you alright? You've been staring at Yuiga for a while."
-Blank stare panel.- "...Who has?!"
"You!"

I don't know why but that scene really got me.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
In other news, U19 got canned. I mean, I heard it was canned, but I don't have proof.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jun 8, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Mraagvpeine posted:

In other news, U19 got canned. I mean, I heard it was canned, but I don't have proof.
Not that shocking. It was terrible and literally never did better than last place I think.

Even Demon's Plan did better.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
Literally the only question I have lingering in my head about U19 is if it was canceled under 19 chapters or not.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Hopeford posted:

Literally the only question I have lingering in my head about U19 is if it was canceled under 19 chapters or not.
17 I think. So yes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

According to the latest Author Comments, Samon-kun got the axe as well. Shame, but at least it lasted considerably longer than Plan, Love Rush, Red Sprite, U19, ect.

Please be safe, Marie and Spring Weapon. I will read you one day.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I liked U19 more than some of the other recently canned series, like Demon's Plan. It wasn't exactly good, but it didn't feel quite as cliche. Demon's Plan somehow managed to feel completely aimless right from the beginning. Red Sprite had cool art but also suffered from a really uninteresting plot and characters.

I'm surprised Samon was cancelled. I thought it was good, and it didn't "feel" like the sort of series that would get axed in the same way that all these other series did.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

According to the latest Author Comments, Samon-kun got the axe as well. Shame, but at least it lasted considerably longer than Plan, Love Rush, Red Sprite, U19, ect.

Please be safe, Marie and Spring Weapon. I will read you one day.

Hungry Marie is consistently hilarious, it's type of comedy is extremely my poo poo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah, Samon-kun literally finished a few days ago in Japan. Bkub even released a comic about it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't know how well it was doing, I never paid attention to its placement in the ratings, but it had a minor presence at Winter ComiKet and its volumes were placed in visible spots for a long time at Animate so I thought it was doing well enough. I only flipped through a handful of recent chapters and it looked like it was doing some more serious/higher stakes arcs, so I guess I may have been skimming its endgame without knowing it.

Is it being scanned/read by anyone in the thread? I'd be interested to know if it ended abruptly like Bleach or escalated and ended somewhat naturally? Or alternately went apeshit and made the most of its last chapters ala Toriko?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

This seems like a very charming series about a girl working as the caterer in a Maiko boarding house. I just read the first chapter and it's very cute, well-drawn, and has some drat nice looking food. I get a very Ghibli-style feel from Kiyo.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Maiko-san-Chi-no-Makanai-san

:discourse: I was just looking for more cooking stuff.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dr stone
Primo loving face right there folks

Its not deep by any measure, least not yet, but its hella fun.
Dont get stone axed Dr Stone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What the hell did that conclusion about the stone skin even mean? Is this another mangastream translatiom fuckup?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I dunno but I'm glad the flashback is over, this poo poo was already starting to lose me art aside

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the flashback has only been 2 chapters long

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah but I didn't know itd be and besides I haven't been super high on dr stone to begin with.
It's fun & fine

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Samon-kun sales seem to have been around 20k units per volume on average, which is bad. It's slightly worse than the Dance Club manga was doing, and Hinomaru Sumo thingie is selling similar numbers.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

darkgray posted:

Samon-kun sales seem to have been around 20k units per volume on average, which is bad.

Japan confirmed to have no taste.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
why did montage translations just stop?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Bkub loving rules.

edit; I forgot to quote the post with that comic in it but I'm still right.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 8, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Was never a question of if, but when.

No love lost at all.

:byewhore:

Julias posted:

Yeah, Samon-kun literally finished a few days ago in Japan. Bkub even released a comic about it.

Um. That's just the Sesuji wo Pin one. Unless that's the gag.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 9, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Both that one and the sesuji one were edits of the original comic anyway

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I cannot for the life of me follow Tokyo Ghoul Re:. Something about the way it is written makes me constantly confused as to what's going on.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's not just you. There's a shitload of side characters and the designs aren't distinctive enough to make most of them memorable.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can keep track of most of the major characters, but it feels like it just suddenly shifts from one plot arc to another without any transition or explanation. I'm always trying to remember what lead to whatever is currently happening and can't.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

Both that one and the sesuji one were edits of the original comic anyway

I've been had!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Robot golf mangaka cant draw cars for shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
That car is supposed to be this:

E: At least I recognized it as a mclaren.
At least the rest of the manga is consistently on model.
eh.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 15, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Dude really just needs to openly say that Robo is on the spectrum somewhere. I guess that opens a minefield for improper representation but it's something of a novel concept at least.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Some more potato-quality translations of U19 chapters have dropped. I guess someone is gonna finish the series out since it just got axed.

Spoilers: it still bad

edit: was thinking about making a Kimetsu no Yaiba thread but it's not discussed much here. Maybe if it gets an anime at some point.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Any particulars or is still Stand Users Vs Alt Right who are "Secretly" Nazis?