Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

but when cowcaster, wracked with guilt, returned to pay the nymph Humanity.... cowcaster could find none........

i talk to him on twitter a bunch i think i can catch him there actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

man it's going to be rough if the entirety of page 37 is cowcaster talking to himself

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lady Layton is coming to the 3DS a couple months after iOS which is F*CKED UP!!!!!! but that's okay because apparently the iOS version is just a weird 3DS port that has both screens so it's a really lazy port and the 3DS version will be the one to play

so July for iOS and Autumn for 3DS

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I picked up Dust: An Elysian Tale again and the annoying voice acting isn't bothering me as much as it used to. The simplified world map actually kind of gets in the way at times. It also suffers from the ol "art over function" kind of problem where the fancy graphics kind of get distracting and makes the platforming difficult at times.

Gameplay is still pretty solid though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Mak0rz posted:

I picked up Dust: An Elysian Tale again and the annoying voice acting isn't bothering me as much as it used to. The simplified world map actually kind of gets in the way at times. It also suffers from the ol "art over function" kind of problem where the fancy graphics kind of get distracting and makes the platforming difficult at times.

Gameplay is still pretty solid though.

I hated that game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I never beat that game, I was enjoying it but I stopped during the ghost area

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

I never beat that game, I was enjoying it but I stopped during the ghost area

Is it because it was spooky

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought Dust was alright but got worse as it went with the last area being miserable

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Is it because it was spooky

It was because I stopped playing for some reason and never went back, idk

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ometeotl posted:

I hated that game.

I dunno man it doesn't seem that bad at all. I'm actually liking it so far

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Dust is pretty decent.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just play odin sphere

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Ciaphas posted:

Aaaagg now I remember what I hate about messing with music: albums with multiple artists just make me OCD and agonize about a good way to organize this poo poo

Hello friend. May I suggest using MusicBrainz and their Picard application?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Just play odin sphere

Odin sphere on pc when

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey how do you flick a cigarette in vanquish using kb+m

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hit the button you use for boost while you are in cover

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Metal Max owns

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I've heard the name Metal Saga but I didn't know anything about it until I saw that screenshot of metal max, looked it up, found out that metal max is a thing, found out that metal saga is related to it, and found that screenshot of metal saga.

Are there fan translations of all of the metal max/saga games? Apparently only Saga came out in the US and the rest were Japanese only and I assume the first had an english patch based on screenshots I've found but idk about the rest. Also, what are the definitive versions of the games, the list of games I found made it sound overly complicated. It made it sound like metal max got remade like 3 or 4 times, metal max 2 got remade, there were somewhere between 2 and 4 cancelled games, a ps2 game called metal saga, a ds game, a 3ds game, maybe another ds game, I dunno.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I saw a van earlier for this company.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like they could have chosen a better name.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Darkest Dungeon is kinda bullshit

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

i play all my videogames on a digital rectal thermometer, by shoving it up my rear end, and screaming "videogames"

It makes family gatherings for me very tricky.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Looper posted:

Metal Max owns

An all too frequently overlooked RPG series.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I found this suggested on amazon

:rip:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

I found this suggested on amazon

:rip:

This looks like a puzzle item from a Silent Hill game.

edit: Thank god I found this lighter, now I can light the Candle of "Cat" and burn away the wax in order to get the Metal Skeleton Key and unlock the third floor corridors!

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Someone in my office gave me one of those cat candles around Christmas, it was kind of neat to watch it progress into metal skeleton.

I don't know why they gave it to me because I don't even have a cat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this entire stream archive by Team Poor Life Choices is worth watching, but this round of Ultimate Chicken Horse in particular is something special. The framerate is a little poor due to an issue with streaming apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsL6UL6_PcE&hd=1&t=16279s

I also heartily recommend their Duck Game archives, of which there are some 40+ HOURS of them, and their Worms archves, of which there are 25 hours worth.

FirstAidKite posted:

Odin sphere on pc when
yeah!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Darkest Dungeon is kinda bullshit
the good kind tho

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dust was the game I was playing when my OG 360 melted!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
This seems like a long shot but is there a Killing Floor 2 thread or a good place to talk about it? It's one of the PS+ games for this month and I think it's a pretty fun way to spend time shooting zombies. I like playing these types of games with goons who have mics, but it doesn't have the following that some games have so I don't know if there's a SA community around it. I played the first KF on PC but I think this one has made a lot of nice improvements and it's one of the better PS+ games in a while.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Bring back mech games

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

LawfulWaffle posted:

This seems like a long shot but is there a Killing Floor 2 thread or a good place to talk about it? It's one of the PS+ games for this month and I think it's a pretty fun way to spend time shooting zombies. I like playing these types of games with goons who have mics, but it doesn't have the following that some games have so I don't know if there's a SA community around it. I played the first KF on PC but I think this one has made a lot of nice improvements and it's one of the better PS+ games in a while.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714478

Pro-tip if you're ever looking for a thread for a particular game just go to google and do "game name + somethingawful"

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Wasn't KF2 regarded as 'not good'?

or was it just because it was in early access for like a year and a half when it's just a better looking version of KF1?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ah gently caress i just saw that new meatboy looking game is a procedural roguelite. Yawn

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

PantsBandit posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714478

Pro-tip if you're ever looking for a thread for a particular game just go to google and do "game name + somethingawful"

Thank you for not just posting a "let me google that for you link"

suuma posted:

Wasn't KF2 regarded as 'not good'?

or was it just because it was in early access for like a year and a half when it's just a better looking version of KF1?
I dunno about the reception outside of my own, but it looks better, feels better put together, there are more classes and they synergize better, and it's on a console that performs better than my laptop so I give it two thumbs up.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
But does it have flare revolvers and the ability to let you play as a british royal guard?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Admittedly I bought it pretty early on in EA (when there was like 4 classes), there was like 3 maps at the time.

Honestly half the charm of KF1 was the jank and the random British yelling so it felt like it was taking itself a bit too seriously after a while

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

But does it have flare revolvers and the ability to let you play as a british royal guard?

As of a recent patch, it does have flare revolvers.

Anyway, KF2 is good, albeit more of the same so it's a shoe-in if you liked the first game. The negativity surrounding it was when TW added a retarded, complicated resistance system to the enemies which made different zeds complete bullet sponges to specific weapons and no fun to fight. Thankfully, they've all but walked it back so you can just pop heads like you're used to.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Ah gently caress i just saw that new meatboy looking game is a procedural roguelite. Yawn

The End Is Nigh? I don't see anything about it being a roguelike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

You have a variety of British guards to play as. Also a man obsessed with the Middle Ages who wears knight armor, your standard gasmask wearing fellows, and my personal favorite: a rockabilly lady. I wish there were a few more female avatars to round out the beefcake but it doesn't really matter. It also gives you a bunch of customization options for each person right out of the gate. Some more variety with the boss zombies would be nice, too, but for a free* game it's not bad.

Also, when you reload a revolver that's already full of ammo you do Revolver Ocelot gun tricks.

• Locked thread