Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's like the inverse of Isaac. The designs in that game are hideous and immature to the point where I don't want to look at them, while the designs in this series are cool and appealing, but this time go too far and the developers were too horny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Infinitum posted:

You should not be embarrassed about playing the Switch, friendo

well yeah now i know i could be watching 3d titties poppin on my 3ds

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Amppelix posted:

I understand the sentiment, although in my opinion it's only like a very tiny little step above what most kids' cartoons look like. That step mostly consisting of visible cleavage.

There's also the flirty zombie lady who uses literally eating you as a metaphor for figuratively "eating" you. There's a lot to unpack if you dare to play Shantae on the Big TV.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope they change the horrendous UI for Pokken Deluxe.

Judging from the trailer footage, that looks like a no.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its me, the guy ashamed of a cartoon characters cleavage on the gaming tablet i use to impress all the bus honeys on my commute

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr Cheeto posted:

3DS Pirate's Curse used the 3D to make the tiddies pop lol

WayForward are some thirsty loving dudes

Says the guy who spells it "tiddies"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Release date Arms party, fellow goons?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I am going to go to this whenever it opens in the US and be both of the women at the 11 second mark, not only in my excitement to see a guy in a Mario costume but also in that I will be their combined weight and age.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

If I picked up Shantae, I'd get the same reaction from the wife as I got when doing upgrades at the fairys in Zelda... a joke or two, and some shame. :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Release date Arms party, fellow goons?

Sorry i need to rush grandprix mode to unlock ranked and begin crushing punks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

There's also the flirty zombie lady who uses literally eating you as a metaphor for figuratively "eating" you. There's a lot to unpack if you dare to play Shantae on the Big TV.

you act as if kids' writers don't usually take every opportunity to slip sexual innuendo into their show/comic/other product. Shantae seems perfectly in line with the usual tone to me. Wayforward are just slightly more obvious about it, and I doubt children are Shantae's primary audience anyway. It probably appeals more to the nineties-nostalgic twentysomethings with its old school platforming sensibilities.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Frankston posted:

Advanced technology is my favourite kind of technology!

Would have expected slightly outdated but well proven technology used in an unexpected way, but I guess that doesn't sound as good in a press release.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ah yes the Tokyo Mirage Sessions approach

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Ah yes the Tokyo Mirage Sessions approach

Also the Xenoblade Chronicles well-I-guess-we-can't-have-an-underaged-girl-in-lingerie approach

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Kids have probably watched Aladdin and the princess at the end of that is pretty much wearing the same outfit.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
accept the genie for who she is

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Raserys posted:

accept the genie for who she is

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Shantae is good

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
So I don't know what it is about Nintendo threads that cause everyone to start posting incredibly badly, but I was looking at this thread earlier and it made me want to puke. I'm gonna do VideoGames a favor and close the thread for a while (until at least Wednesday next week) and give everyone the opportunity to just cool their jets. If VideoGames doesn't feel like the thread should be closed, he can open it back up if he wishes, but I think it'll be better for everyone's sake if we keep the thread closed for a bit

Thanks for understanding. See you all the day after Nintendo's presentation

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OK. I have discussed the future of the Switch thread and we will be restarting it on Monday with a new OP full of E3 goodness.

This thread will be reopened for it's final few days. Please don't get creepy over fictional characters.

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 8, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently drunk me last night bought Minecraft

I'll​ give it a decent crack before I refund it.
Who knows, I might like Minecraft on a console.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shantae is good and very pretty.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I finally got brave enough to take on a Guardian in BotW. Figuring out to target the legs and systematically take one apart has to be one of the best feelings I've had in a game in a while and that feeling of going from the hunted to hunting down Guardians is amazing

Even with knowing how to beat them they're still dangerous too which is pretty great. I hate imposing enemies who become me jokes when you find their weakness. Still not brave or strong enough to take one the centaur guys yet

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 8, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

VideoGames posted:

OK. I have discussed the future of the Switch thread and we will be restarting it on Monday with a new OP full of E3 goodness.

This thread will be reopened for it's final few days. Please don't get creepy over fictional characters.
Can you not just probate Infinitum instead of closing the thread?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

So I don't know what it is about Nintendo threads that cause everyone to start posting incredibly badly,

It's almost like Nintendo fans are the worst part about Games, we'll bring you more on this breaking story at 11.

Infinitum posted:

Play it with a couple friends (having 4 player split screen owns) and it's a ton of fun building together and exploring.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I bought a bunch of awesome splatoon stickers for my switch case. Nothing obvious, just the squid sisters logo and 4 of my favorite clothing brands in game. Will post pics when I get them in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Can you not just probate Infinitum instead of closing the thread?

Mate

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yay the thread is back here is a mario video for you all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5W3-LbGyTQ

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Infinitum posted:

The smaller screen really ramped my motion sickness up to max, so if you have any problems with that watch out. It does seem nice to have a portable version though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Axiom Verge is coming to Switch and will cost $10 more on Switch than other platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHa_ERwJni4

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:siren: The Mario Kart Experience!!! :siren: is going to be a ride

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I finally got brave enough to take on a Guardian in BotW. Figuring out to target the legs and systematically take one apart has to be one of the best feelings I've had in a game in a while and that feeling of going from the hunted to hunting down Guardians is amazing

Have you learned how to parry their laser with a shield? When I finally got the timing down and parried multiple times in a row I felt like I had evolved into some sort of video game god.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kashuno posted:

:siren: The Mario Kart Experience!!! :siren: is going to be a ride

I didn't know torture was legal in Japan

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blue Shells are illegal in most countries.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Takoluka posted:

Shantae is good and very pretty.

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's almost like Nintendo fans are the worst part about Games, we'll bring you more on this breaking story at 11.

These sorts of things don't help.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be a rollercoaster that is just loops with blue shell graphics

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Any tips on the preferred Switch carrying case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Not confirmed for Switch specifically, but probably coming

https://twitter.com/wayforward/status/872849052785717248

• Locked thread