Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Ah gently caress i just saw that new meatboy looking game is a procedural roguelite. Yawn

How procedural is it? Are the levels fully generated or is it like Isaac in that it's just randomly arranging designed rooms around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I don't think it's procedural at all.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, this sounds like it's all designed.

quote:

The game will include over 600 levels spread across 12 (and possibly more) chapters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

an actual dog posted:

The End Is Nigh? I don't see anything about it being a roguelike?

Oh nevermind i got it confused with a different game sorry. Forgot the title for a sec

My bad

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
When characters in a tv show are talking about a guy named "Richard" and keep calling him "Dick" but you know they mean "dick" and not "Dick".

It's good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am pleased with what I've learned of KF2.

I should play more KF1, I haven't touched it in a long time even though I said I'd go back if I ever ended up with the flare revolver dlc since I only ever played firebug.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

PantsBandit posted:

When characters in a tv show are talking about a guy named "Richard" and keep calling him "Dick" but you know they mean "dick" and not "Dick".

It's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBatw0iiHLM

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

PantsBandit posted:

Bring back mech games

Play Brigador

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Literally the exact moment I was thinking of lol. Kyle Maclachlan is an American treasure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PantsBandit posted:

Bring back mech games

Mechassault remake when

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Trails of Cold Steel is the best mecha game I've played in years.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
They confirmed that Vanillaware mech game is coming to the way so you have that!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Phantasium posted:

Dust was the game I was playing when my OG 360 melted!

:tinfoil:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I've been playing LA Noire. It's still really good. Cole Phelps would probably make Lurdiak The Roach's top 50 game characters(even if he and the other major characters in the game are basically stolen from a movie).

I really enjoyed that game, like a whole lot. It felt realistic in ways no other game has managed yet. In a way, the emptiness of the town helped it feel more real. Voice acting was top notch and the mysteries actually felt pretty cool to unravel (until the end, lol)

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Give me a new Front Mission, but not like the most recent action-based ones. I want my mecha combat to be turn based with a complicated arrangement of skills and knuckle dusters.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

Give me a new Front Mission, but not like the most recent action-based ones. I want my mecha combat to be turn based with a complicated arrangement of skills and knuckle dusters.

i could never stick with front mission 3 in any replays i've tried the move and attack system feels too restrictive for mech combat where i want action points to take mechs on a rampage

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Re: Mechs, there's that kickstarted Battletech game coming out soonish. Backers who've played the beta say it's good.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Battletech game... crowdfunded... dare I say early access????

Oh yeah sign me up!!!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJW2WiY_ULk&t=90s
Man, a reboot of this on the Wii U could have rocked.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 8, 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmfao that another Nintendo thread has been locked.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Uh does fire emblem shadow dragon ever get good? I dont dig the convoy/trade system and it feels sloggy. hell I'm enjoying dragon quest 2 more, even that loving lighthouse

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

poor switch, thought about dock prices and died

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJW2WiY_ULk
Man, a reboot of this on the Wii U could have rocked.

This is a weird game but it gets boring fast and there's like 50 missions that are all the same thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The voice acting is god tier though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TheHoosier posted:

Uh does fire emblem shadow dragon ever get good? I dont dig the convoy/trade system and it feels sloggy. hell I'm enjoying dragon quest 2 more, even that loving lighthouse

I have not played it but that is the Fire Emblem that everyone complains about as being awful since it's a barebones remake of an NES game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheHoosier posted:

Uh does fire emblem shadow dragon ever get good?

No

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should play Shadow Dragon because I'd be legitimately impressed if it was actually worse than Echoes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

I should play Shadow Dragon because I'd be legitimately impressed if it was actually worse than Echoes.

It's

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

In Training posted:

This is a weird game but it gets boring fast and there's like 50 missions that are all the same thing

I've never played it, but I think it'd be cool to have the TV show the human perspective and the Wii U gamepad have a cockpit view or something.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

LawfulWaffle posted:

The man behind the series, Toshiro Tsuchida, jumped shipped to a social media company (GREE) since he felt he and Front Mission were begin marginalized at Square-Enix. GREE's poached quite a bit of SE talent over the years.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

codenameFANGIO posted:

This is just Nintendo creating an artificial scarcity on posting.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
i still love smtiv even in 240p

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish Doom RPG and its associated games were available on steam in some way.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my favorite part of metal max is every game getting really good boxart showcasing tough wanderers driving tanks and motorcycles through a quiet, desolate wasteland, or ladies with katanas and poo poo

and then BAM

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

The Colonel posted:

my favorite part of metal max is every game getting really good boxart showcasing tough wanderers driving tanks and motorcycles through a quiet, desolate wasteland, or ladies with katanas and poo poo

Do you play as her? Because if you do I'm interested. She looks way too cool

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
that hair looks extremely dangerous for a lady that is half motorcycle

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Even her vagina gotta six-pack.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nina posted:

Do you play as her? Because if you do I'm interested. She looks way too cool

no, but you probably get her as a party member. she's too tough to be the main character, who literally gets disowned by his father as the opening to the game, who acts as a tank mechanic and gets grumpy at you every time you drive in to ask him to repair your tank

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

tap my mountain posted:

that hair looks extremely dangerous for a lady that is half motorcycle

It's prehensile, so she'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
What the hell is even going on in the fourth one I'm so confused

• Locked thread