Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
quit clicking your pen into the mic you sonofabitc h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

What NYT article is he talking about?

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't it logically impossible for the POTUS to obstruct justice, since he's head of the executive branch and thus is the one who is responsible for administering justice?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Oh gently caress Risch is such a loving hack. This is "depends on what the definition of 'is' is" level bullshit

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

gently caress All Republicans

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Ixjuvin posted:

quit clicking your pen into the mic you sonofabitc h

buy him a fidget spinner

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
what's the definition of hope

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

get hosed you fuckman risch

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Hoooooly gently caress. "I took it as a direction."

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

"I TOOK IT AS A DIRECTION"

HOLY poo poo COMEY

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Discendo Vox posted:

We may see some R senators leaving themselves openings to go for impeachment at this point.

What do you mean?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think that backfired on Risch, the senile fucker

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

lol this garbage questioning.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
It would be hilarious if in fact Comey had no plans at all to investigate Trump, which is why he says he wasn't, but then it's the Comey firing and memos that get him investigated.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Wow, this dude really wants to quibble about "hope"?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Risch you loving piece of poo poo I HOPE DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING WORDS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING MAGA

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Risch tried hard, but Comey just doesn't seem like he's going to be partisan about this at all. He's upset about how his firing hosed over the little guys in the FBI and he wants to say exactly what he thinks and feels.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

man, risch's questioning was basically the definition of asking one question too many on cross-examination

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Look, detective, I just said it would be a shame if something happened, that wasn't a threat

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Feinstein time. I want her primaried, but she can be good in these hearings. Looking forward to it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ew, it's Feinstein.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Xombie posted:

It would be hilarious if in fact Comey had no plans at all to investigate Trump, which is why he says he wasn't, but then it's the Comey firing and memos that get him investigated.

Asking the FBI Director to end an investigation is not Obstruction.

But firing him for refusing is.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well that was some major semantics over the word "hope"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I TAKE THE PRESIDENT AT HIS WORD I WAS FIRED BECAUSE OF THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
like the pressure that the hookers wanted to relief by pissing on trump

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pollyanna posted:

What do you mean?

R votes are needed for impeachment. We at least need to hope that a substantial number of R senators see Trump as so toxic that they will vote for impeachment. Now is about when I would expect that process to start.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Risch knew he hosed that up

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Minrad posted:

like the pressure that the hookers wanted to relief by pissing on trump

bladder pressure is real

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Discendo Vox posted:

R votes are needed for impeachment. We at least need to hope that a substantial number of R senators see Trump as so toxic that they will vote for impeachment. Now is about when I would expect that process to start.

I hope this happens too.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

evilweasel posted:

I TAKE THE PRESIDENT AT HIS WORD I WAS FIRED BECAUSE OF THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION
GOP gonna say BUT HE SAID EARLIER TRUMP IS A LIAR

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Risch lost that line of inquiry, hard.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
"yes, because I've seen the president say so"

:drat:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Discendo Vox posted:

It's the hope that kills you

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

evilweasel posted:

man, risch's questioning was basically the definition of asking one question too many on cross-examination

That was a really funny oopsie. It went exactly the opposite way he wanted.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Majorian posted:

Hoooooly gently caress. "I took it as a direction."

can someone paraphrase this for those not watching please

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What's up with the bag under Comey's right eye? Does he sleep on his side or something?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

evilweasel posted:

Hahaha no poo poo.

This whole thing is going way better than I hoped. Comey is dunking on Trump so hard, Jesus Christ.

Like, this won't get him kicked out today, but if THIS is the poo poo he can say without compromising the Special Counsel investigation, just LOLZ

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Josh Lyman posted:

GOP gonna say BUT HE SAID EARLIER TRUMP IS A LIAR

Even his lies are lies. And the lies behind his lies are lies. It's lies all the way down - but at the end of an infinity of self-cancelling lies are you left at the truth? I guess we'll have to wait until the end of time to really know.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Where is the Trump tweeting. I was promised Trump tweeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I HOPE THERE ARE TAPES

...OF PISS

• Locked thread