Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm not a tool nerd but AvE was pleasantly surprised by the Cryobi nail gun, at least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7ORqBtHVM

This mother fucker is racist as poo poo and is not funny. His commentary is terrible and his world view is pretty hosed. I'm not saying he doesn't know tools but he's a conspiracy theorist for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
But enough about PCOS Bill

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

PCOS Bill posted:

It wasn't even a kilo, Jesus Christ

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

sterster posted:

I'm not saying he doesn't know tools but he's a conspiracy theorist tool for sure.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

sterster posted:

This mother fucker is racist as poo poo and is not funny. His commentary is terrible and his world view is pretty hosed. I'm not saying he doesn't know tools but he's a conspiracy theorist for sure.

Oh no racist the worst thing you can be (everyone is racist buddy)

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

PCOS Bill posted:

Just because most of the people you meet don't enjoy your presence doesn't mean that everyone is racist

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Everyone is racist.

Bill busting out the stopped clock action.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

PCOS Bill posted:

Nah, I think the worst thing you can be is a pedo.

sterster has a new favorite as of 21:10 on Jun 8, 2017

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sterster posted:

Nah, I think the worst thing you can be is a pedo.

Excuse me. It's actually Republican.

E: might be the same thing, though

mobby_6kl has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Jun 8, 2017

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
god its so funny how he riles people up its the best

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

sterster posted:

I'm going to guess he said something about Chinese tools being crap and you took that to mean he's saying Chinese people are crap.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Toast Museum posted:

god its so funny how he riles people up its the best

Eh, kinda voting at poo poo tbh

Also, I bought a dead cat today.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Will you be turning it into a catcopter?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jamming it over a shotgun mic, actually

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm going to guess he said something about Chinese tools being crap and you took that to mean he's saying Chinese people are crap.

Nope. If you care just listen to him talk.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Jamming it over a shotgun mic, actually

Okay, that's definitely cooler than my suggestion. I await to see the end product.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Okay, that's definitely cooler than my suggestion. I await to see the end product.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

sterster posted:

I have on multiple occasions. You could of course try showing examples but hey a broad claim of racism is easier. Of course maybe I just deftly avoided the racism or perhaps am oblivious or lastly racist myself many possibilities exist.

On the purchase front I preordered a spinner (my third) because I'm a simpleton who enjoys them. Its got balls for me to fondle.

I edited something out feel free to read someone who talks about it before I could.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 05:38 on Jun 9, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I havent listened to it but the phrase "doesn't grasp his humor" is a giant red flag.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

sterster posted:

I tried but couldn't get through the whole thing. The man is painfully unfunny. Ho ho, he called that company Milfuckee! That's not their name at all!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I havent listened to it but the phrase "doesn't grasp his humor" is a giant red flag.

Well that was meant to refer to the conspiracy stuff. (alright it was poorly phrased and I was going to edit it after my shower because I knew someone would take it that way/I took it that way in hindsight) I do honestly want to know because I enjoy the ave videos and think this guy claiming racism is loving nuts. Like his videos have been posted before in other threads, and this is the first guy to claim racism that I've seen.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Jun 9, 2017

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Yeah, I watched the first ten minutes or so and didn't run into anything obviously racist. Is the complaint that he throws in some occasional Spanish words at random? Maybe the racism comes later in the video; otherwise, I've got no idea.

Anyway, I bought booze.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Toast Museum posted:

Yeah, I watched the first ten minutes or so and didn't run into anything obviously racist. Is the complaint that he throws in some occasional Spanish words at random? Maybe the racism comes later in the video; otherwise, I've got no idea.

Anyway, I bought booze.

AVE is funny and I've never seen him say something racist in his vids and I've seen maybe 10 now. Dude needs to provide proof or pound sand.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
I ordered a dozen cheap cedar arrows. I hope they're not racist

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Good, but pretty mild tasting. Would have been better if the ginger was more pronounced. Doesn't hold a candle to the lemon flavor.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sterster posted:

I couldn't be arsed to watch this but I remember seeing something else by the guy part way and I got a definite "dude wants to be the Jeremy Clarkson of lovely tool youtubes real bad but can't even pull it off" vibe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dude that's a camera not a microphone what are you even doing :lol:

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Dude that's a camera not a microphone what are you even doing :lol:

Shoved up the rear end in a top hat of that dead cat is a shotgun mic

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I bought a cute not racist dog:

And some not racist but very very expensive carbon fiber that was on sale for really cheap, thank you Chain Reaction Cycles.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

strangemusic posted:

And some not racist but very very expensive carbon fiber that was on sale for really cheap, thank you Chain Reaction Cycles.

Link?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Don't mind if I do.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/easton-ec90-slx3-pro-ergo-road-bar/rp-prod35554

Use CLEAR2017 as your checkout code to get $20 more discount.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Shoved up the rear end in a top hat of that dead cat is a shotgun mic

If it wasn't dead it is now.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Toast Museum posted:

Anyway, I bought booze.

Yeah, that Four Roses Small Batch is GOOD. Enjoy! :cheers:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Replaced the weather-checked and feathered front tire on my Suzuki DR350. Feels nice to not worry about when it's going to let go, and to not have the 35mph vibration.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I've tried a bunch of different sub $40 whiskeys, so far this is my favorite.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

A local big box electronics store were clearancing out Sphero BB-8s for $59.99, which is pretty decent. I asked what the force bands were, and they were $110. I said "That's quite a lot when the droid itself is just $60" and the dude said "Yeah. Here, take this combo box that someone put the wrong price tag on".

That dude did not give a poo poo!

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

colas posted:

I've tried a bunch of different sub $40 whiskeys, so far this is my favorite.

As someone whose knowledge of Irish Whiskey starts with Jameson and goes all the way up to Jameson, please tell me what you dig more about this. I likes me some brown liquor, and I appreciate reviews from actual people.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

betterinsodapop posted:

Yeah, that Four Roses Small Batch is GOOD. Enjoy! :cheers:

Thanks! I'm not super into sipping liquor neat, but I just made an Old Fashioned, and it's as nice as everyone says it is.

Sexual Lorax posted:

As someone whose knowledge of Irish Whiskey starts with Jameson and goes all the way up to Jameson, please tell me what you dig more about this. I likes me some brown liquor, and I appreciate reviews from actual people.

Seconded. I'm slowly reading through the whiskey thread, but I haven't hit a lot of Irish Whiskey discussion so far. I'm honestly not sure, like, what its niche is. I have at least a vague sense of other whiskeys' relative flavor profiles, but not for Irish whiskey.

Toast Museum has a new favorite as of 07:53 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

what does the force band do?

i bought horizon zero dawn, nioh, and preordered ff12 zodiac age.