Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I mean this in only a positive way, but to me it demonstrates how good this show is that their dynamic is actually one of my least favorite parts of the show. I adore the show, but I'd only rate them as "completely hilarious" rather than someone like Big Head or Jared who I can barely even function after watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nelson 'Bag Head' "Big Head' Bighetti is possibly the only good person on the show.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
All Bighead wants is to hang out with his pals and drink double gulps. And to find erect nipples I guess?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
And when it was pointed out to him, he recognized that NipAlert was sexist and gross.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

https://twitter.com/greenless/status/872158952401895424

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/7/15758682/hbo-silicon-valley-the-trolls-patents-lex-lybrand

"Indie filmmaker says HBO’s Silicon Valley ripped off his movie about patent trolls"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Meh. I don't see a lot that's wholesale lifted; the guy's basically saying he invented the idea of making a visual narrative centered around patent trolls so he can try to get a quick payout from the makers of "Silicon ...

hey wait a minute

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
That movie looks incredibly annoying. I'm hoping that within context, that one character saying "troll the trolls" as though he just created the most clever phrase imaginable, is actually a running joke. Because in that clip it came across very poorly.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

PostNouveau posted:

Meh. I don't see a lot that's wholesale lifted; the guy's basically saying he invented the idea of making a visual narrative centered around patent trolls so he can try to get a quick payout from the makers of "Silicon ...

hey wait a minute

:golfclap:

Perfect.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Old Rasputin and Dragon's Milk are my two favorite Imperial Stouts.

Dragon's Milk pours like goddamned motor oil and is simply amazing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm not even a big fan of stouts and I like Old Rasputin.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
He clearly didn't watch the episode, nor get the moral of it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like that he takes credit for Gilfoyles beard because a guy in his movie had a beard.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I like that he takes credit for Gilfoyles beard because a guy in his movie had a beard.

Not to mention how the beard-man is doing something completely un-related to the plot.

Are we sure this isn't like The Onion or something?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

Dragon's Milk pours like goddamned motor oil and is simply amazing.

Have you had Old Viscosity from Port Brewing?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
There's no way that isn't a meta joke

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Bobby Digital posted:

Have you had Old Viscosity from Port Brewing?

I haven't, but the beer advocate review makes it sound fantastic.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

*Gabe walks into the living room

Gilfoyle: "Gabe, put a mask on. You're uglier than usual."
Gabe: "Erlich was accompanying Belson on one of his flights. Their plane was lost over the Sea of Japan. It spun in. Their were no survivors."

*Gilfoyle, Richard, and Dinesh all look at each....then begin coding again.

I know a name is just a sound somebody makes when they need you, but there's nobody named Gabe on this show

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can't wait for Ed Chen to show up in the last episode and then throw a basketball into the basketball hoop that wipes the space saver servers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I want a face off between Ed Chen and Ed Chambers.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I don't even know where it goes comedically, but I'd love to explore the fact that Jared did not seem to understand that he was Ed Chambers.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I don't even know where it goes comedically, but I'd love to explore the fact that Jared did not seem to understand that he was Ed Chambers.

What is it with these stupid theories? Jared and Ed Chambers are nothing alike, how could you possibly think they're the same person?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

jon joe posted:

What is it with these stupid theories? Jared and Ed Chambers are nothing alike, how could you possibly think they're the same person?

Okay but which one is Glory and which is Ben?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I hope someone forges a name change petition for Donald and he is forced to be Ed permanently

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I hope someone forges a name change petition for Donald and he is forced to be Ed permanently

For his own good, surely.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

For his own good, surely.

I don't know how popular that Ed guy us, but Jared fucks, at least.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ed Chambers doesn't gently caress. Jared takes all the ladies and Ed takes it out on him by eating Jared's lunch.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

I know a name is just a sound somebody makes when they need you, but there's nobody named Gabe on this show

Stop speaking ill of my Mash/Office/SV crossover fanfic.

Original idea, do not steal.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Solice Kirsk posted:

Stop speaking ill of my Mash/Office/SV crossover fanfic.

Original idea, do not steal.

Alan Alda would rule on this show. Have him play Action Jack's mentor or something.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Better yet, have him play himself. In a universe where Scientific American Frontiers never went off the air. He could have a camera crew at Hooli for filming an episode.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Small little detail I really liked from the last episode. When Erlich was putting together his hoop in the driveway while talking to Richard he had the hoop screwed onto the backboard upside down.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

Pops Mgee posted:

Small little detail I really liked from the last episode. When Erlich was putting together his hoop in the driveway while talking to Richard he had the hoop screwed onto the backboard upside down.

I thought the same thing at first, but the hoop is mounted correctly (If you've got it recorded, go back and look at the hoop's baseplate). Erlich just has the assembly sitting upside down in the driveway, and the net has fallen back through the hoop.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Yep, I thought the same thing at first too, and when I realized that it was correctly mounted, I wished that it wasn't.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't they usually stagger the bolts specifically so that doesn't happen?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Solice Kirsk posted:

Don't they usually stagger the bolts specifically so that doesn't happen?

I wonder if anyone knows enough about basketball rim assembly to answer this question.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Solice Kirsk posted:

Old Rasputin and Dragon's Milk are my two favorite Imperial Stouts.

My friend, let me introduce you to blaecorn unidragon

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 11, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've loved everything I've ever tried from Clown Shoes so I'll keep my eye out for it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
"Dinesh... How much are tickets to Hoolicon?"

"Why would I have that information?"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
haha, Richard's dab :allears:

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Much better than last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

For a sec I though Erlich was going to die in that fire and that was how T.J. Miller was leaving the show

• Locked thread