Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I don't fry my pizza because I value having a bmi that is less than the number of american presidents so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Sometimes i'll order a pizza and put it directly in the refrigerator after and wait til it's cold before eating it. It's a different experience but not bad at all, unless it's a really bread-y pizza.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna be controversial here and say that unless you're really drunk or really hungover cold pizza is bad

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Aesop Poprock posted:

really drunk or really hungover

Well, I'm usually one of those things depending on the time of day. It's still good sober/not hungover though :colbert:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm gonna be controversial here and say that unless you're really drunk or really hungover cold pizza is bad

It depends. For example, as mentioned before, Domino's "cheese" just kind of stops existing when it gets cold. Real cheese on pizza is still good even if it's cold after being melted.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

It depends. For example, as mentioned before, Domino's "cheese" just kind of stops existing when it gets cold. Real cheese on pizza is still good even if it's cold after being melted.

Cold cheese is fine. Cold tomato sauce on cold dough with cold cheese is meh in the best of situations to me but I feel like I'm in the minority

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ya'll need this toaster oven for your leftover pizza.

I have the model that's like probably 20 years or more old at this point and it really brings pizza back to life the next morning.

Plinkey has a new favorite as of 06:06 on Jun 9, 2017

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Ceciltron posted:

I don't fry my pizza because I value having a bmi that is less than the number of american presidents so far.

What do you think cooking pizza in a pan does to it that, say, microwaving it doesn't?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Ceciltron posted:

It's just a dry pan dude. The point is the heat on the bottom gets the crust nice and crispy again.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

It's just a dry pan dude. The point is the heat on the bottom gets the crust nice and crispy again.

I mean, no one is stopping you from adding butter...

...and cooking it cheese side down first, or just take two pieces and make a grilled pizza cheese sandwich.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I live right next to domino's now so I've had the opportunity to enjoy it ~fresh~ and it was good. but it's just pizza, I don't really get how they or papa johns or little caesars, etc., are bad. I've made my own pizza from scratch a lot, too, and I'd still rather just get $6 pizzas most of the time if I'm gonna eat something like that because it costs less and I don't wanna clean my cast iron again goddamn

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I deep fry my pizzas because it seals in the flavor

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Away all Goats posted:

I deep fry my pizzas because it seals in the flavor

You don't wanna lose all that pizza juice by baking it. Gotta seal in that juice.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Sealing in juices by frying is a myth.

You need to brine your pizza.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Tendales posted:

Sealing in juices by frying is a myth.

You need to brine your pizza.

Brine? What is this, the stone ages? If you're not waking up every day to a fresh batch of sous vide pizza, or "sous vizza", then I just don't know what to tell you

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

Brine? What is this, the stone ages? If you're not waking up every day to a fresh batch of sous vide pizza, or "sous vizza", then I just don't know what to tell you

https://www.flickr.com/photos/boxthor/sets/72157603916310808/

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I think at this point we're close to looping around to neo kobe pizza

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

gimme that pizza juice, I gotta have that pizza juice

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Grand Fromage posted:

oh i see. i misunderstood and assumed the addition of some kind of oil or fat.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Cold pizza is really good with HP Sauce.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ceciltron posted:

oh i see. i misunderstood and assumed the addition of some kind of oil or fat.

Good, I'm glad we didn't have to explain what egg whites are :v:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

To pan fry leftover pizza hut pizza actually might reduce the amount of oil in each slice.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Plinkey posted:

I mean, no one is stopping you from adding butter...

...and cooking it cheese side down first, or just take two pieces and make a grilled pizza cheese sandwich.

if anybody reading this hasn't tried a grilled pizza cheese sandwich, I suggest smoking a few blunts with some friends, drinking a bunch of lovely wine or beer, and doing exactly that. It's waaay better than expected, but you gotta be at least a little bit hosed up first.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jmcrofts posted:

What do you think cooking pizza in a pan does to it that, say, microwaving it doesn't?
Microwaving is essentially boiling the food from the inside. A pan on the other hand is dry heat applied very quickly, which keeps the crust crispy and pizza-like.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

That sure is some fancy baby food.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

Microwaving is essentially boiling the food from the inside. A pan on the other hand is dry heat applied very quickly, which keeps the crust crispy and pizza-like.

My point is that cooking it in a frying pan isn't less unhealthy

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

My point is that cooking it in a frying pan isn't less unhealthy

Yeah, whatever is in the food stays in the food, grease and all.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

if the grease was already there, panfrying it with no extra would be (marginally) healthier

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I think the fancy baby food is a would so I could say I've had fancy baby food.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zedprime posted:

I think the fancy baby food is a would so I could say I've had fancy baby food.

just get a high priced male sex worker to come on your face for that

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I need to get a girl like this.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Arivia posted:

just get a high priced male sex worker to come on your face for that

Where the hell do you get your baby food?!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

quote:

Here's a dish I'd never made before, enchiladas!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Oh, honey, you still haven't made enchiladas.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Almost, but not quite entirely unlike enchiladas.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

AlbieQuirky posted:

Oh, honey, you still haven't made enchiladas.

They're either pupal enchiladas or enchilada seeds, I can't remember if they're insects or plants. Either way, one day they'll be enchiladas.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

a kitten posted:

Almost, but not quite entirely unlike enchiladas.

drat Nutri-Matic machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

NewFatMike posted:

They're either pupal enchiladas or enchilada seeds, I can't remember if they're insects or plants. Either way, one day they'll be enchiladas.

:eng101: It's actually enchilada mycelium!