Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

A user on the something awful forums was once permabanned for attempting to send photos of himself with apologies carved into his flesh to another user he felt he had wronged

I'm scared, but arousedcurious

Info?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't think there even is any, I mean except for me and I only showed up cause someone linked me the post. Must be a false flag :tinfoil:

Hello

E: trying to catch up. Didn't mean to imply it was me sent that stupid letter lol

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lube Enthusiast posted:

This was a few pages back but well said Al you're a good parent

I didn't say anything yesterday because I hadn't yet played enough of Half-Genie Hero, but now that I have, I have no idea what he's on about. As best I can remember, neither Pirate's Curse nor Half-Genie Hero have anything close to resembling the disparaging or objectification of women in their dialogue and storyline.

Yeah, there's cleavage, but it's tame (except for a mermaid boss that wears shells as a bra, but even still, not that bad.) There's belly dancing as a transformation mechanic, but it's purely non-sexual. Shantae wiggles her butt in a silly "cat ready to pounce" way when she ducks. It's all tame and harmless, and I guess you'd have to already be a massive pervert to derive any sort of gratification out of it all. Like going home and jerking off to the mannequins in the Victoria's Secret window displays.

Basically, don't skip Shantae if you're worried that it uses the female form as fan service (debatable, but I don't think it does) or is just some shallow "titty game." It's a super tight platformer with beautiful graphics and incredible music up there with Shovel Knight in terms of approaching Nintendo-caliber platformer quality.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I'm scared, but arousedcurious

Info?

It was in ADTRW. My friend dilbert as gently caress is not mentally well and he decided it'd be a cool thing to tell another poster that if they were a girl, he'd totally gently caress them. Other poster was weirded out by this, dilbert got probated, then a few days later the other poster posted about how dilbert was trying to PM him photos of apologies he'd sliced into his arms and chest. Dilbert got permabanned and I know he still wants back in since he asked me to contact admins for him since before he was perma'd, a mod told him if he got psychological help then he could come back, but I don't think he'll ever be unpermabanned because the thing he was permabanned for is pretty out there and though he claims he has changed and gotten better, he still more or less posts in the same, incoherent style as before and he hasn't actually gotten psychological help so...

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whenever I feel like maybe I'm a bad poster I just go through SAclopedia and click on likely usernames, every single one is a testament to how terrible a man can sink in the hopes of chasing avante garde humor.

Other dudes pee on a post.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Cringe The Post The Movie

I think my fav goon fuckup, before internet detective bullshit was explicitly outlawed, was this bad boy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Infinitum posted:

I think my fav goon fuckup, before internet detective bullshit was explicitly outlawed, was this bad boy

Pretty sure that one was fake

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

It was in ADTRW. My friend dilbert as gently caress is not mentally well and he decided it'd be a cool thing to tell another poster that if they were a girl, he'd totally gently caress them. Other poster was weirded out by this, dilbert got probated, then a few days later the other poster posted about how dilbert was trying to PM him photos of apologies he'd sliced into his arms and chest. Dilbert got permabanned and I know he still wants back in since he asked me to contact admins for him since before he was perma'd, a mod told him if he got psychological help then he could come back, but I don't think he'll ever be unpermabanned because the thing he was permabanned for is pretty out there and though he claims he has changed and gotten better, he still more or less posts in the same, incoherent style as before and he hasn't actually gotten psychological help so...

The fun thing about SA is that for every crazy goon thing there's a similar story to get it confused with. When you bring up someone carving themselves up for the forums, I thought about another story where a goon cut up their head and posted about it. At least I think that was what happened, I don't really remember the details.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Martytoof posted:

Here I'll switch (heh heh heh) the subject to something less creepy but possibly just as puzzling: I just spent real earth money to buy empty Switch game cases from Nintendo so I could make game boxes for my DLC games..

It's me.

I'm the one you should be making fun of.

Congrats on your useless plastic crap

Wendell
May 11, 2003

enojy posted:

I didn't say anything yesterday because I hadn't yet played enough of Half-Genie Hero, but now that I have, I have no idea what he's on about. As best I can remember, neither Pirate's Curse nor Half-Genie Hero have anything close to resembling the disparaging or objectification of women in their dialogue and storyline.

Yeah, there's cleavage, but it's tame (except for a mermaid boss that wears shells as a bra, but even still, not that bad.) There's belly dancing as a transformation mechanic, but it's purely non-sexual. Shantae wiggles her butt in a silly "cat ready to pounce" way when she ducks. It's all tame and harmless, and I guess you'd have to already be a massive pervert to derive any sort of gratification out of it all. Like going home and jerking off to the mannequins in the Victoria's Secret window displays.

Basically, don't skip Shantae if you're worried that it uses the female form as fan service (debatable, but I don't think it does) or is just some shallow "titty game." It's a super tight platformer with beautiful graphics and incredible music up there with Shovel Knight in terms of approaching Nintendo-caliber platformer quality.

You're right about the new one, but Pirate's Curse is 100% thirsty. Every female character thrusts their boobs at the screen, there are various excuses to get them in sexy outfits, there's a scene where a couple of college girls use their hot bikini bods to reflect the sun to advance a puzzle, and the 3DS version makes the boobs in particular jump further out. It's an intentionally sexy game!

Edit: you also seem confused about why that guy doesn't want his daughter exposed to it. Why even mention jerking off, ya weirdo?

Wendell fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 9, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shantae is cute fun for all ages unless you are to horny to play it with your own daughter like a perv lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

[The Game That Shall Not Be Named]

[And We Should Probably Stop Making Creepy Comments About]

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Switch is literally getting a Senran Kagura boob fondling game but somehow it's Shantae that's getting people all worked up?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I get the feeling that the cops are going to be very confused with that letter unless you show them your avatar Tim.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

[The Game That Shall Not Be Named]

[And We Should Probably Stop Making Creepy Comments About]

S-Sen...ran... Ka... gu... REEEEEEEEEE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Switch is literally getting a Senran Kagura boob fondling game but somehow it's Shantae that's getting people all worked up?

Explicit Vs Implied

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Finally HD rumble will get the game it deserves

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

Finally HD rumble will get the game it deserves

Tactile properties of loose flan were rigorously tested

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Real hurthling! posted:

Tactile properties of loose flan were rigorously tested

I don't like this post! No, sir!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Shantae is a legit good game and the art style is colorful and looks great. It's challenging but doesn't go too far in the too hard direction like some recent retro games do, it's just right. Definitely pick it up for switch if you havent played it yet on other platforms. Also its 100% harmless and the possibility of any controversy never even crossed my mind but there you go internet

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bleck posted:

I don't like this post! No, sir!

No, that was literally in the reveal video on during the last Japanese Nindie Direct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs_qbf4Nnzw

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Thread is getting weird. Time for a distraction.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/873147690267189248

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ono is a very aptly named man

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Capcom patch the game to make his Guile voice canon TIA

Electromax
May 6, 2007
sonic burrrm

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That game should be half the price that it is.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse has some cute referential jokes because all the Dungeon Items are just Risky Boots's accessories that let you use her boss fight moves as traversal powers. When you find the Boots, the game is all "You found Risky's... boots" and the writers know drat well they just made a dad joke.

I razz on Shantae for having horny devs, but they are definitely fun and well-crafted games. I'll play Half-Genie Hero probably later this year after I finish with the Shovel Knight campaigns.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah they are well made, fun games. Whether the style detracts from that is completely subjective.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Are there any good Amiibos preferably that work with Zelda?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Every Amiibo works with Zelda.

Specifically any one that is a Zelda character will at least drop a chest with a chance at a rare exclusive item, Smash Link drops Epona, and Wolf Link drops Wolf Link

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Yodzilla posted:

Are there any good Amiibos preferably that work with Zelda?

Yes. Any amiibo will give you some random food ingredients, and any Zelda amiibo will give you something a little more significant. Here's a list of BotW amiibo stuff

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The Shantae games are cute and wonderful and I will fight anyone who besmirches her good name

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Do not allow children to witness Shantae titties

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Mike Pence cannot play Shantae without his wife in the room

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can we go back to being a happy thread?

what's everyone's favorite Kirby game and why is it Dream Course?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kashuno posted:

There's nothing wrong with the discussion they're having. It's ok for people to have differing viewpoints.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

No this is now :siren: Rage Thread :siren:

https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/872902688911933440
https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/872553346812354560

As in throw your loving controller through the loving screen cause that loving gently caress didn't loving jump right for the loving trillionth time

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I hope next Zelda lets us tame wild wolves to have doggo buddies to follow us around and get REALLY UPSET if some rear end in a top hat moblin kills them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

No this is now :siren: Rage Thread :siren:

https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/872902688911933440
https://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/872553346812354560

As in throw your loving controller through the loving screen cause that loving gently caress didn't loving jump right for the loving trillionth time

:chanpop:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There's nothing wrong with the discussion they're having. It's ok for people to have differing viewpoints.

I mostly just want an opportunity to talk about dream course more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Kashuno posted:

It's Canvass Curse because it's the best.

• Locked thread