Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I have a One S and a PS4 Slim. I'm picking up a 4K tv later this year. If the Scorpio was $399 or less I was gonna get that. PS4 Pro it is then!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Scorpio still just a codename or is that what they're going with

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Scorpio still just a codename or is that what they're going with

Xbox Suckio

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/873921377694351360

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 Pro this afternoon, but the last thing I would need is a hardware refresh tomorrow.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fingers crossed for that sweet sweet white PS4 Pro.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dorito Pope always brings the chuckles at E3. Love that guy.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Infinitum posted:

I hope Sony announce a PS4 price drop.

I would love to see them rehash their "199" presentation. That would be gut busting.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/873921377694351360

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 Pro this afternoon, but the last thing I would need is a hardware refresh tomorrow.

Maybe wait until after the Sony conference where they'll announce any price drops..

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
What was it, like last year Phil said that they would release it a "competitive" price?

$499 ain't competitive.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If it had a PS4-amount of quality exclusives and VR with its own set of quality games then $499 would be alright. I swear that teaser they had hinted at $400 at most.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why bother buying a Scorpio for $500 for the 3 exclusive games it'll get, when you can buy a PS4 Pro for half the price with 95% of the exact same games?

Oh right 4k

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I still say they release at 400. I wouldn't put it past the Doritos Pope to be in on this marketing stunt to get everyone expecting 499 just for MS to "shock" us all and say $399!!!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think there's also just nothing they really can show thats's going to make it look like it's worth it unless they come out with a big surprise. Especially since Red Dead 2 seems like it's off the table. I don't think Crackdown 2 really looks pretty in the way you'd want to show off.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shindragon posted:

What was it, like last year Phil said that they would release it a "competitive" price?

$499 ain't competitive.

It's competitive if you're thinking "Should I get a GTX 1070 which is good or a slightly better Xbone which is already bad"

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

"Hey guys, all those amazing games from this generation that you can play with all of your friends on PS4 and PC? Come pay $500 to play them......here instead! For no particular reason!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait for Halo Scorpio

I bet the stakes have never been higher!

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Hey Humble has the E3 Digital Ticket where everything in the $1 tier appears to be cosmetic poo poo

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think there's also just nothing they really can show thats's going to make it look like it's worth it unless they come out with a big surprise. Especially since Red Dead 2 seems like it's off the table. I don't think Crackdown 2 really looks pretty in the way you'd want to show off.

IGN's stream yesterday was like, "Is Crackdown 3 Microsoft secret killer app?" And I laughed and laughed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

monster on a stick posted:

Hey Humble has the E3 Digital Ticket where everything in the $1 tier appears to be cosmetic poo poo

Wait what the gently caress is a Twitch Crate? :psyduck:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

Dead or Alive: Scorpio

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember Sunset Overdrive?

Neither do I

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I had assumed Scorpio was gonna be 599.

Still not going to buy it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/5DHS1uT.mp4

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Infinitum posted:

Wait what the gently caress is a Twitch Crate? :psyduck:

According to the page...

quote:

Twitch Crates are your own personal treasure chests filled with loot. You can open them right away or stash them away for later. Each Twitch Crate contains random rewards like chat badges, emotes, or Bits. The emotes and badges in Twitch Crates range from common to very rare. The only way to see what you’ve got is to open your crate! You can earn Twitch Crates with any game or in-game purchase of $4.99 or more on Twitch.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They're going to jerk 4K as hard as if they were Jobs-era apple presenting something invented and rolled out a decade ago, but they should manage actual (indistinguishable in actual gameplay from the PS4 Pro checkerboard rendering) 4K with the GPU power, so some forums will be super happy. As for games, if Halo gets a Win10 version, DED.

Forza 7 on October 3rd says an ad. Scorpio version later?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In order for Scorpio to be competitive it would need, on release:

-The best racing game ever
-A new good Soul Calibur
-An exclusive Destiny expansion that emails a PS4 user a picture of all the loot you are getting.
-Scalebound but good and free and an MMO that came with the system so the automatic user base is "everyone who owns the console owns the game
-Somekind of skylanders/Disney infinity cash grab
-the worlds first realistic sex VR with a program that emails all the sex your having to the same PS4 user that gets your destiny loot emails.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I got a Microsoft Conference Drinking Game all lined up

Rules are simple
1.) Drink everytime someone says 4k
2.) Die

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Also, let's be real here: since when has Keighley been a leak kind of guy? He's a marketing person, he doesn't leak things or else companies would never trust him with reveals for his shows.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i got the $1 tier for the heroes reborn game which is supposed to be pretty decent despite being affiliated with the garbage pit that is Heroes

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

As long as any new exclusives they announce are also coming to the PC I will have no purpose for my Xbox other than to be a place for my 4 year old to play shooter man games and Minecraft.

I honestly do not give a gently caress about 4K that much. I wouldn't even get a 4K TV if it weren't for the fact that all new (good) TVs will be.

I'm probably sounding way too old man but 1080p is good enough

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Has it been ruled out that the Scorpio will have it's own game libary that normal Xbones can't run?

Essentially. If they break that promise, an e3 stage promise, they'll eat a lot of poo poo.

Probably wont drop xb1 until the next console launch and scorpio becomes the lovely one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shindragon posted:

$499 ain't competitive.

No, Microsoft never said this. Project Scorpio from the start has always been billed as an enthusiast console that would be expensive. Microsoft has been very upfront that they don't expect everyone to want to rush out and buy this, it's a niche system, and that is their own words.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

Maybe wait until after the Sony conference where they'll announce any price drops..

Yeah I almost bought a Pro with my tv a couple weeks ago, and then I thought, "Wait a minute, what in the gently caress am I doing buying a new console this close to E3?"

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If the $499 Scorpio supported Steam alongside the Win10 layer it would make a great Steambox. Other than maybe lacking installation and usage of game mods.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If Scorpio is true 4K, what is fake 4K?

Checkerboard upscaling (which most scorpio games will do)

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

No, Microsoft never said this. Project Scorpio from the start has always been billed as an enthusiast console that would be expensive. Microsoft has been very upfront that they don't expect everyone to want to rush out and buy this, it's a niche system, and that is their own words.

One thing I don't understand is what their strategy is with this. Like, why. Does this make up market share? Is this an attempt to gain developers? I mean, third party games will (potentially) look and run better on the Scorpio, but who cares at this point in a console generation? It's not like people will be like, "Oh guess the nine hundred billion people who own a PS4 will switch now."

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

-an MMO that came with the system so the automatic user base is "everyone who owns the console owns the game

Finally a game that can take on PlayStation Home

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Also, let's be real here: since when has Keighley been a leak kind of guy? He's a marketing person, he doesn't leak things or else companies would never trust him with reveals for his shows.

Woke Thought: They could have fed it to him early to gauge reaction and then announce a lower price at the show. Could be what the "Assuming nothing changes" line is for.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

trash person posted:

One thing I don't understand is what their strategy is with this. Like, why. Does this make up market share? Is this an attempt to gain developers? I mean, third party games will (potentially) look and run better on the Scorpio, but who cares at this point in a console generation? It's not like people will be like, "Oh guess the nine hundred billion people who own a PS4 will switch now."

They have a history of making a buck off their hardcore lifestyle fans with needless upgrades but who knows maybe it will be good? Heh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tim Whatley posted:

Woke Thought: They could have fed it to him early to gauge reaction and then announce a lower price at the show. Could be what the "Assuming nothing changes" line is for.

This doesnt happen. They have done their budgets and negotiated their retailer deals by now

• Locked thread