Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Minecraft is all about sharing and playing poo poo with others. It's a huge part about why it's so popular.

I mean honestly. If this were Nintendo doing this, everyone would be on about how backwards and short sighted they are.

It's not about Sony losing or not profiting from it. This is a thing that only helps new and future players and they're not doing this because they don't want to share their sandbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo has a minecraft partnership

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Minecraft is for 12 year olds who don't care about any of that poo poo
My 10 year old niece cares a lot, cause she plays on PS4 and her best friend plays on Xbox.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
that was a good press conference for sony at E3

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo has a minecraft partnership

Okay? I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about past situations where they've made decisions that limit the interactivity or appeal of the game for arbitrary reasons, and comparing it to what Sony is doing. Nintendo was rightly criticized in those instances, just as Sony deserves to be here.

If anything this is going to discourage sales on the PS4 because it's missing a huge feature that limits the game compared to the other versions.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im sorry about hypothetically making fun of nintendo about this minecraft deal, tf razor saw

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This really isn't about defending Nintendo's honor. It's a point of reference.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

im sorry about hypothetically making fun of nintendo about this minecraft deal, tf razor saw

V much same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Okay? I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about past situations where they've made decisions that limit the interactivity or appeal of the game for arbitrary reasons, and comparing it to what Sony is doing. Nintendo was rightly criticized in those instances, just as Sony deserves to be here.

If anything this is going to discourage sales on the PS4 because it's missing a huge feature that limits the game compared to the other versions.

Again good work, but people buy minecraft on things they own. They dont pay 250-500 to play it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The PS4 is the highest selling home console on the market. I'm pretty sure they're the largest group of "things people own" outside of the PC and mobile userbase.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

The PS4 is the highest selling home console on the market. I'm pretty sure they're the largest group of "things people own" outside of the PC and mobile userbase.

:yeah: sony wins again

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It doesn't matter if they screw over or unneccessarily limit their existing userbase, as long as they're making money!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yes money to make new games that are true exclusives

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

telling microsoft to gently caress off regardless of context or circumstance is funny

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Anyway, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy looks pretty good, still.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yep but im dreading a new installment made by activision being announced tomorrow

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
The Xbox is just going through its teenage straightedge phase and is obsessed with Xs.

Anyway Sony can hopefully just dunk them with games. If there's a price drop on a pro I would consider it, but my tv is new and big enough but not 4K enough to make it a major issue.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Ms showed no new games - very successful

Sony doesnt have crossplay in ms' own 3rd party game - a troubling sign for the company

lol Jesus Christ.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Man, I am so keen for "A Way Out". I really hope it inspires a revival in split-screen co-op games. Pretty much the only time I've wished I've had an XBONE is to play Gears of War 4. They really dropped the ball on not having splitscreen in Halo 5.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Morby posted:

One thing I do have to say about Sony is that when they use their stage to announce a game, it comes out. It may take a decade (see TLG and FFXV), but it does eventually come out.

Agent by Rockstar.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Commissar Ken posted:

Agent by Rockstar.

Jury's still out, friend!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Jury's still out, friend!

Any day now! I can smell it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Does anyone think Sony watches Microsoft's conferences each year and maybe change some things up to their own within the 24 hours before it airs just to make it that much better? Probably not and I have no idea how E3 works behind the curtains. Hell, it could also be that MS keeps shooting themselves in the foot lately.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

They definitely did in 2013 because they shot those "This is how you let friends borrow games" videos backstage super quick.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Does Microsoft always go first? How is that decided?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

yes but usually they go 6 hours or so before sony and this year felt they needed to own a news cycle instead of competing for headlines like usual

i think its just been that way forever. dunno why. maybe sony's been around longer to have the better slot?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Real hurthling! posted:

yes but usually they go 6 hours or so before sony and this year felt they needed to own a news cycle instead of competing for headlines like usual

i think its just been that way forever. dunno why. maybe sony's been around longer to have the better slot?

Remember not long ago Microsoft used to broadcast the conference to cable TV.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

whoever has the least games goes first to give them a head start

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the xbox not going to launch with some weird expensive gimmick (or obvious feature missing) this time? If so, maybe they learned something after all.
Fabrication defect leads to "water (vapor) cooled" chips overheating, toasting themselves

Snak posted:

Wait, so was Microsoft's end goal for the abreviation for the X Box One X to be XBOX?

Because that's real dumn.

I hope xbonx catches on.

Well there's an XBONE, an XBONES, and an XBONEX we're missing an XBONEE to complete the XBONEsex trifecta

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 12, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rinkles posted:

Remember not long ago Microsoft used to broadcast the conference to cable TV.

the doritos pope being beamed to cable television with his dead eyes

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

FilthyImp posted:

Fabrication defect leads to "water (vapor) cooled" chips overheating, toasting themselves

Well there's an XBONE, an XBONES, and an XBONEX we're missing an XBONEE to complete the XBONEsex trifecta

wheres the XBONER

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That freebie Crossout game controls like poo poo but is addicting as hell.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Sony don't need crossplay for Minecraft because their install base is bigger than the Bone, Wii U and Switch put together.

If someone wants to play Minecraft with friends they'll more than likely do so on their PS4s that all of them will probably own already.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Couldn't believe my eyes when MS rolled out Minecraft as part of its XBOXONEX launch.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

spudsbuckley posted:

Sony don't need crossplay for Minecraft because their install base is bigger than the Bone, Wii U and Switch put together.

If someone wants to play Minecraft with friends they'll more than likely do so on their PS4s that all of them will probably own already.

I think the bigger problem would be the pc users. I think Sony is afraid of mods leaking to ps4 from the pc version.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
12 months of PSN+ is now on sale here for €30.
Renewed until 2021 :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sefal posted:

Where??

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Dutch Accounts

https://www.gamemania.nl/digital-content/playstation-plus/130503_playstation-network--playstation-plus-12-maanden-nl

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Sefal posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Going to grab a couple of years.

Playstation store (down the bottom of the front page with all the subscription options for me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I bought DOOM for £9 from amazon?? 🤔