Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

bobkatt013 posted:

gently caress Gene Kelly you mother fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Mad Wack posted:

what the gently caress did i just watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4nAvDXpvHk

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Data Graham posted:

Wait, what are people piecing together? When was that line referenced in this episode?

One of Laura's dreams (or trips to the Lodge) shortly before she dies, Annie is bleeding out on a bed, and she tells Laura that "Good Dale is in the Black Lodge - write it in your diary." One would imagine that these are some of the pages that Bob would've wanted to hide or destroy.

eSporks posted:

I was thinking about this myself. We cut from one one of the most horrific and gruesome TV death scenes I've seen straight into one of the most hilarious and comical. Lynch's tone shifts are just unreal.

Who was the guy that ordered the hit? I think we've seen him before but I don't remember his role. What about the dudes that Watts paid off? Were they the same guys that tried to kill Dougie earlier or not?

He shows up in one of the first two episodes, and it's intimated that he's the one who put the original hit on Dougie. His intern or secretary or whatever asks him why he works for such a terrible person, and the guy says that the kid better hope he never has to do something like that. Also, he saw a trash monster in LA once.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

We aren't supposed to know the woman the dwarf hitman kills, right? The only important thing is that Dougie is the next on his list?

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Guys Dougie works at Lucky 7 insurance...and the next episode is #7...hmmm

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The dwarf death reminds me of mulholland drive hutman scene. something bit me!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Veshpo posted:

We aren't supposed to know the woman the dwarf hitman kills, right? The only important thing is that Dougie is the next on his list?
I thought that was the same woman who ordered the hit on Dougie last episode (who was talking to the hitmen and texted the Argentina device with her Blackberry). Was she not?

bobkatt013 posted:

The dwarf death reminds me of mulholland drive hutman scene. something bit me!
Yeah absolutely. Mini Vin Diesel not doing things subtly and having to kill more people as a result.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i bet that lady who saw the murder woulda survived if she grabbed the door and held it shut

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Veshpo posted:

i think she was the one originally tasked with killing dougie but failed so evil coop had a new hitman hired n made sure to have the old one killed for bein a big failure
im just goin from memory tho

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
ok chad is actually the worst part of the show. like it actually broke my suspension of disbelief that the sheriff that we knew in s1 and s2 somehow hired this much of an rear end in a top hat. he's like the rear end in a top hat cop character from a different movie/show that sticks out like a sore thumb. other negative about this episode was the gratuitous "tough dame" line. like, the guys are good enough actors to pull off being dazed by janey-e without having to spell it out... eh. S3 so far is still the best television ive ever seen

very sad episode altogether tho and felt the shortest out of all the episodes so far. jonesing for more

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Cocaine karate. This episode is amazing

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

DougieCoup aping that poster is a hint that he is going to box the poo poo out of the mini-Vin Diesel guy, right?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Data Graham posted:

Wait, what are people piecing together? When was that line referenced in this episode?
People think the papers Hawk found embedded in the stall door are the missing pages from Laura Palmer's diary from the original series. In the movie, we know Laura has a dream where Annie tells her the good Dale is trapped in black lodge and can't leave, and for her to write it in her diary.

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

atrus50 posted:

ok chad is actually the worst part of the show. like it actually broke my suspension of disbelief that the sheriff that we knew in s1 and s2 somehow hired this much of an rear end in a top hat. he's like the rear end in a top hat cop character from a different movie/show that sticks out like a sore thumb. other negative about this episode was the gratuitous "tough dame" line. like, the guys are good enough actors to pull off being dazed by janey-e without having to spell it out... eh. S3 so far is still the best television ive ever seen

very sad episode altogether tho and felt the shortest out of all the episodes so far. jonesing for more
That's what broke your suspension of disbelief, huh?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

see for me it wasnt the music
it was the ice picking diesel dwarf who makes "EEEEEE" noises when he kills ppl

My favorite part is when he sadly looks at his bent-out-of-shape ice pick.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Ausmund posted:

That's what broke your suspension of disbelief, huh?

I like how it wasn't screaming Min Diesel.

e: tho seriously gently caress chad

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 12, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

My favorite part is when he sadly looks at his bent-out-of-shape ice pick.
"Awwwww :( "

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chad is just an exchange deputy from the Deer Meadow Sheriff's Department.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

SeANMcBAY posted:

Chad is just an exchange deputy from the Deer Meadow Sheriff's Department.

You joke but this is Lynch so there's at least a 50% chance it's true.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I just realized this and it blew my mind
https://twitter.com/Oda_CM/status/874091798490079232
VVVVYeah! I hope when Swery's able to see the eps in Japan he sees it and goes nuts.

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 12, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think Swery based Emily off her in the beginning since he's a huge Lynch fan in general.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
For a guy who was near the end of his life, Miguel Ferrer sure did put in a lot of work this season.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

I like how it wasn't screaming Min Diesel.

e: tho seriously gently caress chad

vic the pick was always cool

edit: the main problem with chad is that he seems more to be a story contrivance than anything else so far

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 12, 2017

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
gently caress Chad.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

And drat Harry Dean Stanton is tough as old shoe leather. Dudes over 90 and still out here chewing the scenery.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
That hour went fast.

Cooper's sleepwalking is giving off major 'brain damage' vibes, which is depressing, so I hope he wakes up soon.

Turdfuzz posted:

this is why i drive super slow on streets w/ a bunch of cars even if i dont see anyone

Good judgement right there. Just a few days ago, I almost got hit by someone speeding through a parking lot, then he almost hit a kid that came out from around a van.

Raxivace posted:

Has anyone, at any point in their lives, ever known a guy named Chad that wasn't a piece of poo poo?

I've known one Chad and he voted for Trump.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

crowoutofcontext posted:

DougieCoup aping that poster is a hint that he is going to box the poo poo out of the mini-Vin Diesel guy, right?

Oh lordy I hope we get Jamaa Fanaka's Twin Peaks soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpVcQEZKvGA

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
For a while I was really hoping that Dougie's scribbles on the case files were going to turn out to be completely useless nonsense, and the show was just trying to make you feel stupid for expecting otherwise

also gently caress Chad

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I didn't piece together the Diane thing...

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Fabulous.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I'm done with the Coop brain damage subplot.

Richard Horne is such a crazy fucker. So far he threatened to rape a girl / probably raped her afterwards, conducted a drug deal, and ran down a kid in his truck. He's really got a full range of experiences for being in only two episodes.

edit: also gently caress Chad

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

For a guy who was near the end of his life, Miguel Ferrer sure did put in a lot of work this season.

huh i wasnt aware of this
how many loving ppl filmed stuff for this and then died jfc

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

People who don't like the misadventures of Dougie Jones should fix their hearts or die. :colbert:

It's actually progressing nicely and Coop seems to be fighting internally to return. I think we'll have him back soon enough.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sharon Van Etten was a really good choice for music. She's also branching out into acting now with her recent supporting role in The OA.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I thought that was the same woman who ordered the hit on Dougie last episode (who was talking to the hitmen and texted the Argentina device with her Blackberry). Was she not?

She had her theme song going in all her appearances, including when Mini-Diesel took out her photo from the envelope. That's why I immediately realized who she was. And then in the hilarious murder scene too.

RIP Mini-Diesel's pick :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

You guys get that Cooper has been literally reborn and is acting very baby, right?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

hes a man toddler

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

sector_corrector posted:

That's not what hip-hop is, Rageholic Monkey.

It was by rafael saadiq and it's in the closed captioning as "hip hop". Don't be ridiculous.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I'm normally very squeamish when it comes to gore because I'm a huge baby, but I'm willing to power through it because this show is too drat good.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Little Mac posted:

You guys get that Cooper has been literally reborn and is acting very baby, right?
I don't take it as a rebirth. He's just been gone a long time. Again, think how whacked out Garland Briggs was after 3 days in the lodge. Cooper was in there 25 years. It makes sense that he'd be fried for a while and changed by the experience.

If it is diary pages that Hawk found, I wonder if Mike (one-armed) put them there when he was having his freakout in the sheriff's station bathroom stall back in the original series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Alright listen little midget fella with a drill right....