Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

palpek in the bible what is this, it's not wolfenstein is it
It is Wolfenstein. That soldier does a tab right before that scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

To be more precise It's from the trailer for Wolfenstein 2 that was just shown during the Bethesda conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2HKHdVIy9k

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I musta looked away for a second because I just watched that :downs:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like how psyched even the nine months pregnant lady is to just straight up stab a nazi a million times

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cowcaster posted:

they didn't loving make dishonored 1, 2, or prey for that matter, by the by, nothing personal, except it's personal

Dishonored games aren't fpses you dummy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

holy poo poo a talking muffin

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

whyy are you always wrong

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMV9ob_X_QE

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My favorite FPS is fallout 3.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Lurdiak posted:

gross

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lurdiak posted:

Lurdiak posted:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

People are clowning on that Last Night guy really hard on twitter.

https://twitter.com/Campster/status/874149476503621632

https://twitter.com/zachary_tincher/status/874150415138525186

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

LawfulWaffle posted:

The prophecy angle could be kind of meta, seeing how most people who will play Life is 2trange would be familiar with the original and therefor playing the game with the knowledge of these characters' future. Will players make decisions that seem to go against the interests of Chloe because they know how it will benefit her in a different game? Even something like the other girl, Rachel, having powers but not telling Chloe, setting up some classic tragic irony.

The original Life is Strange did suggest that Max was creating all these fractured realities with her time powers, so maybe they'll do something with that concept and have some alternate timelines going.

Or maybe they'll ignore all that stuff and just do teenage rebel waifu simulator.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I didn't like the LiS prequel trailer much. It seemed so lifeless, the protagonist showed zero emotions. It's like they hit all the teenage-drama checkboxes they were told to include but forgot the human element that made the original special. Maybe I'm overanalyzing though because it's still only a trailer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

There's just not a whole lot to go on right now. I'm hopeful but at the same time I have the feeling that this is just gonna be some second-rate knockoff. Knowing Life is Strange fans though somebody has probably already figured out the entire plot and subtext from those few short images alone and posted it to youtube.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Final Fantasy 14 has Ark has a boss fight though!

Also a combining super robot.

Alex was a great raid. In 2.0 I loved the 24 player raids and didn't care for the 8 player ones. In 3.0 I felt the exact opposite.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the new wolfenstein trailer showing a nazi soldier palling around with a pair of klansmen is pretty effective imagery. hopefully we get some payoff on that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Serf posted:

the new wolfenstein trailer showing a nazi soldier palling around with a pair of klansmen is pretty effective imagery. hopefully we get some payoff on that.
I know it'd never happen but I'd love to see some more well known game podcasts just put out an all-politics episode where they talk about how hosed things are right now. It's very easy to get stuck inside a bubble of distraction and be insulated from the dire state things are in.

A few have skirted around it and have obviously kept silent on it because it is very much a powder keg, but it's really obvious a lot are super upset about the direction things have gone in the US, regardless of the reasons for last year's election results, and have had to hold back in response to a lot of poo poo they want to say something about. I think the closest I've heard one come to just discussing it outright is when Palmer Lucky was revealed to be a just truly abhorrent piece of poo poo and Giant Bomb marked him as their Hottest Mess of 2016 during GOTY discussions and actually delved into why a bit.

The best one-liner I've heard from them was when COD was revealed to be going back to WW2 and Jeff Gerstmann said "Sometimes people need to be reminded that Nazis should be on the wrong end of the gun."

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

A few have skirted around it and have obviously kept silent on it because it is very much a powder keg, but it's really obvious a lot are super upset about the direction things have gone in the US, regardless of the reasons for last year's election results, and have had to hold back in response to a lot of poo poo they want to say something about. I think the closest I've heard one come to just discussing it outright is when Palmer Lucky was revealed to be a just truly abhorrent piece of poo poo and Giant Bomb marked him as their Hottest Mess of 2016 during GOTY discussions and actually delved into why a bit.

Who's Palmer Lucky and what's his deal?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Who's Palmer Lucky and what's his deal?

Created Oculus, sold it to Facebook for a shitload of money. He also funded a bunch of Trump meme spam, banner ads, etc. Has some really gross worldviews altogether, too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There was an overwhelming amount of anti-Hillary memes and image macros during the campaign suffusing every corner of the internet, and it's difficult to tell how much of it was the team Palmer specifically hired to spam memes 24/7, but it was probably a significant percentage. I don't know how you can accurately measure the effect of that kind of thing on voter turnout or whatever, and the GOP certainly laid the groundwork for the preception of Hillary as Satan, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that Palmer's kek squad is why we have Trump as president.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I know it'd never happen but I'd love to see some more well known game podcasts just put out an all-politics episode where they talk about how hosed things are right now. It's very easy to get stuck inside a bubble of distraction and be insulated from the dire state things are in.

The best one-liner I've heard from them was when COD was revealed to be going back to WW2 and Jeff Gerstmann said "Sometimes people need to be reminded that Nazis should be on the wrong end of the gun."

Waypoint is probably your best bet on that front. they seem to be the most likely to start talking about real-world politics (something I'm always a fan of).

i just hope the game isn't pure rah-rah america good bullshit. it seems like it won't be, with bj talking to that maybe-communist guy who talks about fighting american imperialism.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I CANT BELIEVE MODERN FEMINISM WON WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE STRAIGHT WHITE MALES BUY MY GAME TIA

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Feminism is a self-defeating ideology that is collapsing in on itself and will never win, and also we must stop feminism from winning because it is an insidious and unstoppable threat.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah Waypoint's unique viewpoint is they're actually allowed to say what they think which is great

People in this thread alone got really upset when people brought up trump like "please don't talk about politics in a game thread"

I'm glad some games are actually talking about politics in a games thread

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Feminism is a self-defeating ideology that is collapsing in on itself and will never win, and also we must stop feminism from winning because it is an insidious and unstoppable threat.

this is straight up one of umberto eco's methods for identifying a fascist

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

jokes on you i never get upset at video games except when i get upset at video games

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

jokes on you i never get upset at video games except when i get upset at video games

Look, I've apologised time and time again!!!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My friend says some Syrian refugees opened up a restaurant near his place. It's called Papaganoush & Mommahummus. :3:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lurdiak posted:

There was an overwhelming amount of anti-Hillary memes and image macros during the campaign suffusing every corner of the internet, and it's difficult to tell how much of it was the team Palmer specifically hired to spam memes 24/7, but it was probably a significant percentage. I don't know how you can accurately measure the effect of that kind of thing on voter turnout or whatever, and the GOP certainly laid the groundwork for the preception of Hillary as Satan, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that Palmer's kek squad is why we have Trump as president.
Russia had full blown meme factories(seriously.) and misinformation centers running through the campaign (they are still active, the millions of twitter bots for example), that's the majority of where all that came from. Palmer Lucky certainly didn't help things with his contributions though.

Lurdiak posted:

My friend says some Syrian refugees opened up a restaurant near his place. It's called Papaganoush & Mommahummus. :3:
That is very cute. Might be a bit of a mouthful to put on a sign though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I take it not everyone has seen 2017's best smilie:

:umberto:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I take it not everyone has seen 2017's best smilie:

:umberto:

What thread inspired this?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Invictus I like you but video game people should under no circumstances be allowed to talk about politics.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Zerilan posted:

What thread inspired this?

All I know is that it started appearing in the politoons thread.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Palpek posted:

To be more precise It's from the trailer for Wolfenstein 2 that was just shown during the Bethesda conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2HKHdVIy9k

Another game about killing race purists. Have liberals gone too far?

Captain Invictus posted:

That's a pretty nice quote.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

People in this thread alone got really upset when people brought up trump like "please don't talk about politics in a game thread"
The difference is that there are whole subforums dedicated to political talk on these very forums. Nobody takes away the possibility of talking about politics on SA but with a subject this inflammatory people would be derailing every second thread while putting in zero effort into making actual arguments because it's still just games.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

http://steamcommunity.com/app/612880/discussions/0/1353742967819794806/

It's a game from a series about nazi zombies and mecha hitler and they're arguing verisimilitude over whether or not the various groups of racist shitheads would be aligned in real life.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

So has anybody told Microsoft they used one of gaming's biggest venues to promote an honest to god redpiller?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hope they don't find out until it's far too late and they've wasted a ton of ad money on it before they have to pull it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

So has anybody told Microsoft they used one of gaming's biggest venues to promote an honest to god redpiller?

They've been quiet. The guy did a standard "what's past is past and I've changed about a lot of things" in what I assume is a cya from Microsoft.

• Locked thread