Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DoctorWhat posted:

i think i might bite

If this good sir doesn't bite, I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Ollie's 30 minutes north of me has 11 in stock as of noon today. I might be up there tomorrow so I will give it a look.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

The Ollie's 30 minutes north of me has 11 in stock as of noon today. I might be up there tomorrow so I will give it a look.

Can you check stock online or did you do that gross thing where you "call" someone and "talk" on the phone?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

I'd be half-tempted to drive up to meet you in Ft. Wayne if you got one hahaha.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Can you check stock online or did you do that gross thing where you "call" someone and "talk" on the phone?

A friend was there this afternoon.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Poor BBTS, just make those Sonicrons and Bullsfire Swoops $5. No one's ever going to buy those.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I definitely remember seeing Sonicrons wayyyy cheaper than that before. Like 'please take them' pricing.

Edit: my version of TF5 is already better.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 12, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LOL at that one teacher in this video.
https://twitter.com/ParamountUK/status/873902662210600961

Also Optimus Prime is always watching you.
https://twitter.com/ParamountUK/status/874180363727273985

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Jesus, Prime looks really menacing in that photo. They really captured his movie likeness.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I like that it takes people a while to find the face, just like a true bayformer.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Last night I did a little bit of research into a toy I loved as a kid, which I guess is now affectionately known among collectors as "Shackwave".

Tell me goons, what's the best version of Shockwave I could get today to scratch that nostalgic itch?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Dragonshirt posted:

Last night I did a little bit of research into a toy I loved as a kid, which I guess is now affectionately known among collectors as "Shackwave".

Tell me goons, what's the best version of Shockwave I could get today to scratch that nostalgic itch?

This guy?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/20509

This guy!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/23796

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

He's so nostalgic, he comes with a tiny version of himself to replicate this animation goof

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is the best, modern Shackwave

https://www.tf-direct.com/http-tf-directcom-c-cloud-90445_p1701.html

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm sure Takara-Tomy will slip in a Shackwave and Shartwave repaint somewhere in the pipeline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm sure Takara-Tomy will slip in a Shackwave and Shartwave repaint somewhere in the pipeline.

At some point yeah but it will be a exclusive and run $300+. Black QB is $80 shipped (or less if you're patient) and it's a fantastic bot.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

If it wasn't likely to be obscene costing due to size, I'd ask to buy a Fort Max. Stupid living-in-the-UK.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/874336906355642369

I live in hope

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I didn't know I wanted a black quakeblast but now I do.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Did some drama happen with Milne and Roberts?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Colleague messaged me on Friday asking if £6.25 was a good deal on Astrotrain, as he knew I'd been picking some stuff up, and sees my Optimus Prime Pen on my desk every day, so I told him to pick it up for me.

Have to say, not normally a fan of triple changers, and I do have a few gripes with this one, but overall it's a nice figure.

Gripes -

Transformation from Robot to Plane doesn't feel like much of a transformation. "Take head off, swivel legs, move some kibble" doesn't really do it for me, but it is a good looking plane.

"Train" mode looks kinda bad, but has a nice, fun, intuitive transformation, especially with the kibble from his back as a robot.

Little Pec Panels (Pecels) that open, kinda, but don't do anything.

Not sure if I prefer the spaceplane nosecone feet, or the front of a train feet.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Blackheart posted:

not that I'm aware of, IDW just replaced him as the artist on Lost Light without telling him first

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who is that?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Not that I've seen disclosed in public. My understanding is IDW just quietly dropped Milne from the book and Roberts didn't know.

I think I'd put it at #2 for Reasons Why Lost Light isn't Doing so Well

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Who is that?

Getaway with his swank "look at my skin, it looks like a cape" Milne design

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, just saw something very vaguely mentioned on the latest Lost Light discussion and wanted to make sure. Probably pulled from the commenter's rear end.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Getaway with his swank "look at my skin, it looks like a cape" Milne design

Oh drat I thought that was Prime or Leo Convoy for a sec. The face looks just like Prime.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

The face looks just like Prime.

That's robo-racism.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

That's robo-racism.

I'm sorry!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I know a worse politician who's got an orange face, Roberts.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

mehall posted:

I think those are supposed to be landing hear for the space shuttle mode. Not sure since I don't have my Sentinel Prime handy to check, but I do remember working it out and thinking "oh that's cute".

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 13, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

mehall posted:

Colleague messaged me on Friday asking if £6.25 was a good deal on Astrotrain, as he knew I'd been picking some stuff up, and sees my Optimus Prime Pen on my desk every day, so I told him to pick it up for me.

Have to say, not normally a fan of triple changers, and I do have a few gripes with this one, but overall it's a nice figure.

Gripes -

Transformation from Robot to Plane doesn't feel like much of a transformation. "Take head off, swivel legs, move some kibble" doesn't really do it for me, but it is a good looking plane.

"Train" mode looks kinda bad, but has a nice, fun, intuitive transformation, especially with the kibble from his back as a robot.

Not sure if I prefer the spaceplane nosecone feet, or the front of a train feet.

Honestly worst thing about Astrotrain is his Titan Master, which makes it good that there are other ones to use on him(Apeface is my current preference)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

No fort Max to be found at the ollies near my job, time to try the other one because I am some sort of child who needs his plastic fix

E: 0/2, though I did get some new cookbooks so it wasn't a total waste

Sockser fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 13, 2017

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Huh. Fort Max is kinda.... meh. His city mode is just lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If you did you like Metroplex I can't imagine FM will impress much.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad we're living in an age when they can pump out a brand new, even larger than the original Fort Max and at the end of the day he's still just kinda meh to people

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Tighclops posted:

I'm glad we're living in an age when they can pump out a brand new, even larger than the original Fort Max and at the end of the day he's still just kinda meh to people

it's because he doesn't turn into anything, has no cool gimmicks, and is too loving big for any meaningful drama

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
My local comic place had a pretty fun "eeek! A spider!" pose going a while back with BW Tarantulas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

it's because he doesn't turn into anything, has no cool gimmicks, and is too loving big for any meaningful drama

He's a giant rear end robot, that's the only box I need checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

taking stuff to storage today, I found my almost complete G1 Metroplex. Just missing the black car. but it's amazing anyone ever thought he was huge. he's barely Leader size.