Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
The mixer was hilarious to me. He's like "Look how ELECTRIC I am!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

CrimsonAuthor posted:

The mixer was hilarious to me. He's like "Look how ELECTRIC I am!"

"Ho ho ho, yes, Howard, yes! I love electricity, can't get enough of it. They called me Mr. Electrico back in high school, you know. Look, now I'm even putting the electricity in my mouth, ha ha ha hahaoahaoahohorrrhrgggggg"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I want an entire show of people being insane in Howard's vicinity.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

someone rename the subtle of this thread to "F--- Eladio, F--- Bolsa, and F--- you!"

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

You don't really need both arms and a not-bruised face to be a lawyer. Maybe she would lose the oil guy just because there was a time limit, but nobody is going to be like "you got in a car accident this is unacceptable you're fired"

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 13, 2017

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I guess it depends on how badly she was injured. If she needs to take two months off for physical rehabilitation her clients might go elsewhere.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

TOOT BOOT posted:

I guess it depends on how badly she was injured. If she needs to take two months off for physical rehabilitation her clients might go elsewhere.

Remember that the whole point was they needed to close with the landowners within 2 weeks when the taxes are due. They'd absolutely need to get a new lawyer.

Also, I'm both bad at legalese and don't remember the details of the Sandpiper case, when Jimmy coerces Irene to settle early, which parties are winning, by how much, and who is losing? What was HHMs plan for their case? And god, Irene's friends sandbagging her and throwing shade was painful, I hope they manage to patch things up before they die :( .

maskenfreiheit posted:

is that super expensive tequila with the weird topper real?

i wonder how much they paid for the buzz marketing

It's fake, and It's the same brand that Gus will buy for Don Eladio and his men in his plot to decapitate the entire Cartel leadership.
It was going to be an real luxury tequila brand, but when the they asked how their product would be depicted in the show, and the answer was "several dozen men are going to drink it and then immediately die horrible painful deaths," they decided to not make that particular product placement deal.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It's fake, and It's the same brand that Gus will buy for Don Eladio and his men in his plot to decapitate the entire Cartel leadership.
It was going to be an real luxury tequila brand, but when the they asked how their product would be depicted in the show, and the answer was "several dozen men are going to drink it and then immediately die horrible painful deaths," they decided to not make that particular product placement deal.

Allegedly the opening scene of Pulp Fiction was going to be set in a Denny's but they backed out for similar reasons.

Couple decades later, they're making bacon numbers for the meth king of the southwest🍳🥓👴🏻

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I really hated the car accident because I'm sick of that particular in cabin camera view being used so often to increase the tension that there may be a crash. I thought this show was above that.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Love how they established the jump-cut-means-a-quick-nap thing a few episodes ago to set up the crash

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I liked the shot of the needle squirting from inside the ping pong ball. That had to be a bitch to set up

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

I really hated the car accident because I'm sick of that particular in cabin camera view being used so often to increase the tension that there may be a crash. I thought this show was above that.

They did in a creative way though. They didn't show a truck or something barreling into the side like shows usually do. They did a jump cut straight to her already having crashed because she dozed off. It was kind of a bait-and-switch.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
Why is it that of everything Saul/Jimmy has done, it is the old lady thing in this episode that makes me dislike him? It seems like a new level of low to screw with her friends at the end of her life. Damnit, Jimmy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That car crash scene triggered me a bit since I was in a similar one and it was almost exactly like that for me. One of the more realistic portrayals of what it's like.:(

That was an amazing episode as always. I'm excited to see Chuck go against Hamlin.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 13, 2017

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
!!!

Chuck's suing his own firm.

Jimmy ruined an elderly woman.

Kim crashed her car(eer).

Hamlin's losing his composure.

Next week can't get here fast enough

Edit:

SeANMcBAY posted:

That car crash scene triggered me a bit since I was in a similar one and it was almost exactly like that for me.:(

That scene made me feel a little sick. Almost happened to me once.

I was driving home at 70 mph from my night job and looked to my right at a black SUV. I looked down to the license plate and everything was black. A small voice in the back of my head went, "Whoops, gonna die," and I snorted awake, pulling my head up. After about a quarter second I realized I was driving and pulled out of the shoulder and back into my lane. Put in my two weeks that day.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 13, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cnut the Great posted:

They did in a creative way though. They didn't show a truck or something barreling into the side like shows usually do. They did a jump cut straight to her already having crashed because she dozed off. It was kind of a bait-and-switch.

Yeah, the way they framed it was definitely unique; not the full crash, not a fakeout, but the immediate aftermath of the airbag deploying was really jarring. A nice twist, IMO.

I hate him for it but it was great seeing Jimmy at his slimiest, and I loved Chuck's scene with Hamlin, that hand blender was such an over the top 'gently caress you' :allears:

MarksMan posted:

Why is it that of everything Saul/Jimmy has done, it is the old lady thing in this episode that makes me dislike him? It seems like a new level of low to screw with her friends at the end of her life. Damnit, Jimmy.

e: I'll change my response here. Probably because, when we are at the beginning and ends of our lives, we rely far more heavily on others to get by. Jimmy was actually doing decent, generous work for people in genuine need when he started working in elder law, but he hosed over that woman for a quick payout at a point where she implicitly trusted him and thought of him as a friend in addition to her former lawyer.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 13, 2017

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

easily worse than anything walt or gus or the cartel or the nazis ever did by far

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I wish she were my grandma and Jimmy made her cry.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Riptor posted:

Love how they established the jump-cut-means-a-quick-nap thing a few episodes ago to set up the crash

also how they teased the cup of coffee that jimmy prevented kim from drinking :smith:

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Fun clip from the upcoming promo.

Hector being all up in Nacho's dad's place of work just casually says, "Where's Papi? THERE'S PAPI!" :getin:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

As scummy as it was, that was a REALLY clever plan by Saul.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

What a weird complaint.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Also, I'm both bad at legalese and don't remember the details of the Sandpiper case, when Jimmy coerces Irene to settle early, which parties are winning, by how much, and who is losing? What was HHMs plan for their case? And god, Irene's friends sandbagging her and throwing shade was painful, I hope they manage to patch things up before they die :( .

So if Jimmy is getting 20% of the common fund and it is slightly over 1 million then HHM is getting maybe 4.5 million? I think this will have a big impact on Chuck's lawsuit. Either it is enough cash to pay him off or not nearly what HHM were expecting to bring in from that case and will see financial issues because of it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I just remembered that a big selling point to Mese Verde was that they'd have Kim's undivided attention.

Kim! :smith:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Doctor Reynolds posted:

As scummy as it was, that was a REALLY clever plan by Saul.

Kind of like Walt's "poison Brock" plan.

I mean, not anywhere near the same moral ballpark of course.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah, what Jimmy did was way worse.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Jimmy is a monster. :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

maskenfreiheit posted:

Allegedly the opening scene of Pulp Fiction was going to be set in a Denny's but they backed out for similar reasons.

Immediately upon reading this, I couldn't help but hear Tim Roth yelling in my head "EVERYONE BE COOL THIS IS A RAWBRY!"

:allears:

I know it's not Denny's but it's always made me want Denny's.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah, what Jimmy did was way worse.

Yeah, let's be real here, Brock was kind of a brat and he never chipped in for gas.

But Irene....oh precious, beautiful, wonderful Irene. Everyone loves Irene. Irene is a loving saint. How dare Jimmy?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

He literally just condemned a poor old woman to dying alone and hated for a quick payoff.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
She seems like a real sweetheart too

Jane was a bitch, hank & gomey was way sadder hth

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MiddleOne posted:

He literally just condemned a poor old woman to dying alone and hated for a quick payoff.

I'm pretty sure once they get the payout it'll be ok.

IF they get the payout.

Oh no. :ohdear:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
saul and chuck deserve each other.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm pretty sure once they get the payout it'll be ok.

IF they get the payout.

Oh no. :ohdear:

They did(?).

Irene had fake friends, too bad it took so long to figure out.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Jimmy was doin the right thing, those old bitties were never gonna live to see that money if they didn't settle now!!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

This loving show

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That fuckin' crash shot was so simple but so brilliant.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

maskenfreiheit posted:

presumably he'll return the ones that don't fit

classic slippin slippers' jimmy

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Riptor posted:

Yeah, I thought that too. The car crash was super obvious, but I liked the way they shot it.

So much great stuff in this episode. The crash and Jimmy's absurdly long and detailed con of that poor old lady stand out, but every other scene was loaded with tension. The early scene where Kim *almost* crashed into an oil derrick, Hamlin squaring off with both McGills, Nacho having to confront his dad, Hector almost stroking out in front of Gus, and Mike signing his soul away... You could just see everyone heading down a dark path, all the while convincing themselves it was for the best, unable to see that it's already too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I want Michael McKean to play Donald Trump in a movie. He looks similar, and has the acting range to combine the both villainous and moronic aspects of Trump.

• Locked thread