Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

[8] Added Space: Infinitum, Sandwolf, The Ninth Layer, Added Space, Raeg, Dr. Hurt, Tired Moritz, Kasumeat
[1] The Ninth Layer: TMMadman

[5] Not Voting: chaoslord, CirclMastr, Ernie., GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 11th, 2017 at 3 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:siren: GulagDolls, Brad Friedel, Goalkeeper, VT has been cut! :siren:

He was also voted MOTM, but since he's no longer on the roster, Chaoslord has been awarded a boon!

We'll shoot for Thursday night EST for deadline.

Day 3 begins!

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 13, 2017

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Hmmm... this is a pickling problem.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why was I not MOTM? I got the death miller lynched :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So did Gulag not have a role, or is Goalkeeper a role I don't know about?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yeah, i'm tired.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I voted chaos for MotM.

And no 2nd kill today which is interesting.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If you're a town vig who vigged n1 you should claim now instead of muddying up the thread later.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Gulag was a good poster. He will be missed.

Also I MOMT Ernie.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ernie. posted:

If you're a town vig who vigged n1 you should claim now instead of muddying up the thread later.

Maybe Infi is the SK and just no-killed in case there's a tracker or watcher.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I MOTM Gulag cuz I was en-thrall-d.

Also Inf do you still think Sandwolf is badguy?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I MOTM Tired because why not, that's why.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

CirclMastr posted:

Maybe Infi is the SK and just no-killed in case there's a tracker or watcher.

I've also seen SKs killing on alternative nights in medium sized games before.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Man, if AS was scum so would have fallen into place, now I gotta reevaluate. Maybe Sandwolf just has a magical read in the situation.

Chaoslord is an interesting choice for MOTM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still think TNL and Sandwolf are scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I find it confusing as gently caress that Added Space is town. Like... did they really believe that Infinitum was an SK and said nothing in the thread?

Also Ixt hasn't posted at all, so ##vote Ixt

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Also Ixt hasn't posted at all, so ##vote Ixt

Ixt got replaced by Hal at the beginning of the second day.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hal has replaced Ixt!

Closing thread while I send out pms.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
oh what the gently caress? thanks

##unvote

I guess with Added Space flipping town, Infinitum really is the most suspicious but I don't understand why an Sk would even do such a gambit.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Just FYI I'm going to be gone most of the day today so I won't be posting, but given the way events have shaken out I think an Infi vote is justified. We'll see what happens with the discussion before then though.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

Just FYI I'm going to be gone most of the day today so I won't be posting, but given the way events have shaken out I think an Infi vote is justified. We'll see what happens with the discussion before then though.

You probably won't answer this for a while and that's fine, but do you think Inf is actually scum?

Essentially what are you using as justification for lynching?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

My gut says Inf is still SK but my gut also thought Sandwolf clear as day were linked, so who knows.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

TMMadman posted:

You probably won't answer this for a while and that's fine, but do you think Inf is actually scum?

Essentially what are you using as justification for lynching?

Are you even playing the same game as the rest of us? Inf is an incredibly obvious SK candidate. The fact that you don't even seem to consider this makes me wonder whether this is a SK slip.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why would an sk would reveal himself, like ever?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kasumeat posted:

Are you even playing the same game as the rest of us? Inf is an incredibly obvious SK candidate. The fact that you don't even seem to consider this makes me wonder whether this is a SK slip.

SKs can not tradionally withhold a kill. It's possible that Inf is an SK and either also tried to kill Gulag or tried to kill someone that a doctor protected.

However, my concern is the way Circl phrased his issue like it was an inevitability that Inf was the one getting lynched today. That kind of thing is something scum do, so I wanted to know if Circl actually think Inf is scum or if he just wants to hang Inf because Inf made a stupid play.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Because he was planning on a bizarre gambit. We already have complete confirmation that Inf made some bizarre gambit, that's just one more level on top of it. SK Inf could've made that initial SK "joke" planning to be just a joke, but hoping for the small chance that a newb AS scum would get baited and Inf would be able to reveal the scum for huge towncred. Are you forgetting that they discussed killing Jam? It's possible that that's coincidence, but in a 16-player game, it's not loving likely.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CirclMastr posted:

What were you doing visiting him?

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

TMMadman posted:

SKs can not tradionally withhold a kill. It's possible that Inf is an SK and either also tried to kill Gulag or tried to kill someone that a doctor protected.

However, my concern is the way Circl phrased his issue like it was an inevitability that Inf was the one getting lynched today. That kind of thing is something scum do, so I wanted to know if Circl actually think Inf is scum or if he just wants to hang Inf because Inf made a stupid play.

Where do you think the 2nd NK came from then? I think a Vig would've claimed at this point to avoid the potential mislynch on Inf. Because Inf sure as gently caress isn't scum, with AS being town.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
eeeeh, I don't get it. I see a lot of people going "Infi is crazy and do dumb gambits all the time" but I don't think I ever see Infi do a crazy gambit, like ever. I like to believe that people would actually play towards their wincon. And there's no way an SK would risk something like this.

All the people going "WELP I GUESS THIS MAKES INFI THE SK" sounds lazy as hell. It's a blah opinion that anyone would get if they don't think critically, with the usage of the "Infi pulls gambit" meta evidence as weak supporting reasoning to not consider any other options.

Hell, we have no idea if there's even an Sk in this game. it could be an maf with an extra night kill or a town vig who isn't saying anything.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

eeeeh, I don't get it. I see a lot of people going "Infi is crazy and do dumb gambits all the time" but I don't think I ever see Infi do a crazy gambit, like ever. I like to believe that people would actually play towards their wincon. And there's no way an SK would risk something like this.

All the people going "WELP I GUESS THIS MAKES INFI THE SK" sounds lazy as hell. It's a blah opinion that anyone would get if they don't think critically, with the usage of the "Infi pulls gambit" meta evidence as weak supporting reasoning to not consider any other options.

Hell, we have no idea if there's even an Sk in this game. it could be an maf with an extra night kill or a town vig who isn't saying anything.

If AS had flipped scum, would you be more or less inclined to lynch Inf?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kasumeat posted:

Where do you think the 2nd NK came from then? I think a Vig would've claimed at this point to avoid the potential mislynch on Inf. Because Inf sure as gently caress isn't scum, with AS being town.

How do you know Inf isn't scum? I think it could be possible for him to be scum. Inf is known to pull wild gambits as both alignments and then hope for the best.

And I've also seen vigs use their shot on D1 and then never tell the thread about it until the game was over. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the mod of this very game was one of the people I've seen do it.

I'm not taking anything for granted, but I'm also not going to assume that Inf is the SK (or scum) because of his gambit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I would had been less inclined actually. If AS flipped scum, I would assume that it would be town infi doing a play.

Now it just seemed like two dumb townies loving up by lying at each other.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

TMMadman posted:

How do you know Inf isn't scum? I think it could be possible for him to be scum. Inf is known to pull wild gambits as both alignments and then hope for the best.

Why in god's loving name would scum ever knowingly "out" a townie in a gambit like this? This is the dumbest poo poo I've ever loving heard. This is not the opinion of a townie actually thinking about the game, it's scum trying to throw shade on everything he possible can.

##vote TMM

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

I would had been less inclined actually. If AS flipped scum, I would assume that it would be town infi doing a play.

Now it just seemed like two dumb townies loving up by lying at each other.

Of course you'd be less inclined, that's the purpose of the gambit, and exactly why it might be a conceivable thing for a person who likes to gambit to do as SK. You say it's an incredibly risky thing to do, but tell me, how high do you think the risk really is? Who is actually going to seriously push him as SK when it's such a brazen claim like that?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kasumeat posted:

Why in god's loving name would scum ever knowingly "out" a townie in a gambit like this? This is the dumbest poo poo I've ever loving heard. This is not the opinion of a townie actually thinking about the game, it's scum trying to throw shade on everything he possible can.

##vote TMM

What does this even mean? Scums goal is to kill townies. If Inf, as scum, can say " I'm in an unconfirmed masonry with Added and he scum claimed" in order to get town to waste a day then it's a good day for scum. Sure it puts Inf at risk and maybe he's the next lynch, but it's just as possible that he avoids it by saying something along the lines of 'well I was wrong but wrong doesn't equal scum' (which is a valid argument).

Maybe Inf is the best lynch today or maybe something else will come up. Again, my issue is that Circl seemed to say that Inf being next was a foregone conclusion because it was justified and not because he thought Inf was scum/SK.

The way it was phrased reeked of someone trying to get the lynch to go a certain way. Not to mention that he didn't even drop a vote even though it's early in the day. So it also felt like a trail balloon before actually voting.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kasumeat posted:

##vote TMM

I agree.

##vote TMM

I also think Inf should be lynched real bad.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

I agree.

##vote TMM

I also think Inf should be lynched real bad.

This right here is the scum.

##vote Sandwolf

He spent most of yesterday pushing to quickly lynch Added based on a lovely reason. He isn't actually looking for scum, he's just throwing poo poo and hoping it sticks.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I would vote for Sandwolf but first I want to know what CirclMastr did to Infinitum last night.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

TMMadman posted:

What does this even mean? Scums goal is to kill townies. If Inf, as scum, can say " I'm in an unconfirmed masonry with Added and he scum claimed" in order to get town to waste a day then it's a good day for scum. Sure it puts Inf at risk and maybe he's the next lynch, but it's just as possible that he avoids it by saying something along the lines of 'well I was wrong but wrong doesn't equal scum' (which is a valid argument).

Maybe Inf is the best lynch today or maybe something else will come up. Again, my issue is that Circl seemed to say that Inf being next was a foregone conclusion because it was justified and not because he thought Inf was scum/SK.

The way it was phrased reeked of someone trying to get the lynch to go a certain way. Not to mention that he didn't even drop a vote even though it's early in the day. So it also felt like a trail balloon before actually voting.

You're suggesting that it's a reasonable gambit for scum to out a player for scumclaiming. Scum would know that the other player was town (or like ~1/12 of being SK) and then when that player got lynched the scum would be almost certainly murdered. Which was going to happen until you scumclaimed with this loving retarded attempt to throw shade on me. There is literally 0% chance that scum ever does this. "How does this guy know Inf isn't scum guys, that's pretty shady!!!" rofl

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat thirsty for that Inf lynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kasumeat posted:

You're suggesting that it's a reasonable gambit for scum to out a player for scumclaiming. Scum would know that the other player was town (or like ~1/12 of being SK) and then when that player got lynched the scum would be almost certainly murdered. Which was going to happen until you scumclaimed with this loving retarded attempt to throw shade on me. There is literally 0% chance that scum ever does this. "How does this guy know Inf isn't scum guys, that's pretty shady!!!" rofl

It's absolutely reasonable for scum to make a gambit of 'hey my mason buddy scum claimed!" because it essentially forces the game to focus solely on one player for the day. That is a goal of scum. If the days conversation is focused on one player who isn't scum, then scum don't have to worry about being lynched which is generally speaking the only way town can kill scum.

• Locked thread