Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I think yoshi was also 2018

Oh yeah. So excited for Mariochi and Curling Stone Kirby I forgot.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Portable Rocket League is a certified system seller.

Finally I get to find out what Rocket League is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bruceski posted:

That's Warriors games in a nutshell. If they're not your jam they're REALLY not your jam.

I like Hyrule Warriors and the tactical Fire Emblem elements they're adding look interesting but it's still too soon for me. I'll probably just rent it and not bother with it's adventure mode analog.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm a literal child that's kinda meh on Switch but everybody else seems to want one so please convince me that I also need to buy one. Also I own every adult console and a PC and a Wii U and every indie game and I think Nintendo games are stupid and I never leave the house. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LIKE THIS THING?!?

I like it because I don't think Nintendo games are stupid

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I like Hyrule Warriors and the tactical Fire Emblem elements they're adding look interesting but it's still too soon for me. I'll probably just rent it and not bother with it's adventure mode analog.

I hope it had a ridiculous adventure mode like Hyrule Warriors, I don't think I could finish all the content in that game if I was locked in a jail cell with nothing else to do for a year

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spacebump posted:

Nintendo is having an E3 digital sale.
No Switch games included for some reason.
https://e3.nintendo.com/sale/

Switch has no games.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Spacebump posted:

Pretty obvious: Switch has no games

Definitely grabbing BoxBoxBoy for $3.50, though

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Oh yeah. So excited for Mariochi and Curling Stone Kirby I forgot.

Finally I get to find out what Rocket League is.

I show people who are not interested in video games RL and they go ape-poo poo with how fun it is.

So stoked it is coming to Switch but Holiday 2017 is too far. I wanted to be surprised with a July or September release.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm a literal child that's kinda meh on Switch but everybody else seems to want one so please convince me that I also need to buy one. Also I own every adult console and a PC and a Wii U and every indie game and I think Nintendo games are stupid and I never leave the house. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LIKE THIS THING?!?

nah

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
loving :laffo: at Xander's horse combat in FE Warriors. It is delightfully ridiculous.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Look at games. Want play games? Buy gamebox. No want games? No buy gamebox.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

who are these people spamming 'Animal Crossing' and 'Smash' everywhere?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
"It's hard to watch!" says the lady on the Treehouse stream for completely different reasons than I'm thinking.

(I'm gonna buy this stupid loving game)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the horse being invovled in knockback is insane

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Machine posted:

"It's hard to watch!" says the lady on the Treehouse stream for completely different reasons than I'm thinking.

(I'm gonna buy this stupid loving game)

Hopefully this can be chalked up to "early build", because some of these camera glitches are woof.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

deadly_pudding posted:

loving :laffo: at Xander's horse combat in FE Warriors. It is delightfully ridiculous.

Looks like it's based on the Epona weapon Link got in Hyrule Warriors, which wasn't the Spinner or spiked ball, but was still good fun.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nintendo where is Donkey Kong

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Call Me Charlie posted:

We'll make fun of you if you don't

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

cool kids like it and if you dont like it your not cool do not question my flawless logic nintendo is perfection

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh wow. This is just a really bad Samurai Warriors.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

are u not seeing these horse flips

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Spacebump posted:

:psyduck:

Why does only half of Nintendo seem to believe that the Nintendo Switch won't fail

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Xander's horse getting juggled lol

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
With Mario Odyssey launching a month earlier than expected, am I crazy to think that there's a big holiday game Nintendo hasn't announced yet (most likely Smash 4 DX), and that they're probably not relying on SM Odyssey to carry the whole holiday season? Because Xenoblade and FEW will probably do decently, but definitely aren't anyone's idea of tentpole holiday releases.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Spacebump posted:

Yaaas I knew if I waited long enough, Paper Mario Color Splash would go on sale. Finally.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Smash 4 is definitely happening, it's just a matter of when

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beastie posted:

I show people who are not interested in video games RL and they go ape-poo poo with how fun it is.

So stoked it is coming to Switch but Holiday 2017 is too far. I wanted to be surprised with a July or September release.

Did they say which holiday though?

Maybe it'll drop on columbus day

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Barry Convex posted:

With Mario Odyssey launching a month earlier than expected, am I crazy to think that there's a big holiday game Nintendo hasn't announced yet (most likely Smash 4 DX), and that they're probably not relying on SM Odyssey to carry the whole holiday season? Because Xenoblade and FEW will probably do decently, but definitely aren't anyone's idea of tentpole holiday releases.

When was that Pokemon tournament game? Because that's gotta be a massive system seller for the pokemon fans.

I'll be shocked if that doesn't do huge numbers.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Tiki amiibo means she's definitely in the game, I would assume

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Barry Convex posted:

yes

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So what is up next? I want more Switch "plans."

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

When was that Pokemon tournament game? Because that's gotta be a massive system seller for the pokemon fans.

It did a million on Wii U IIRC.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Barry Convex posted:

Switch doesn't do Christmas. Next big release after Odyssey will be on Switchmas (early March)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lol if they announce smash on treehouse while people are on the showfloor. there'd be a riot

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

September 22 but it's a port of a Wii U game with extras

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

well why not posted:

Smash 4 is definitely happening, it's just a matter of when

I don't know. It's not coming holiday 2017, with the Pokemon announcement probably meaning we will see Pokemon holiday 2018, I can't see Smash port on the lineup anytime soon.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Pokken. Not sure how popular it was on WiiU, though.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Zeeman posted:

Tiki amiibo means she's definitely in the game, I would assume

Yup. I think I read somewhere that the roster for FE Warriors is supposed to be bigger than any of their other not-Samurai/Dynasty Warriors games, so that's hopeful

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
At the end of every segment the Nintendo guys say well we have something real swell to show you now, and I get excited. But it's just more dust traps

I love the Mario song they're playing between bits

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
There were two Metroids today... I still can't believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Switch doesn't do Christmas. Next big release after Odyssey will be on Switchmas (early March)

I'm talking November.

• Locked thread