Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kurtofan posted:

lol if you don't have both streams open

I do but I have to duck the audio on one of them, I'm not a zen master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Policenaut posted:

I loving love you Big Show

He's a good guy and he actually knows the game he's talking about.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Red Bones posted:

There's a ten minute preview of Don't Nod's new vampire game and it actually looks kinda neat, it's an action RPG where you're a vampire in 1918 London in the middle of a flu epidemic (and a vampire epidemic? not sure). London is like the hubworld and I think there's lots of bioware style little quests with moral choices in them, and the outcome of those quests determine whether bits of London stay neutral and full of NPCs, or end up getting overrun with vampires and vampire hunting dudes. I think the idea is that if more healthy people die an area gets more unstable and eventually ends up full of vampire ghoul people. And then in addition to having healthy people die through quest outcomes, you can also kill them anyway and get more powerful as a vampire, at the cost of destabalising more parts of London.

I'm not sure how it'll all function in practice, but it's always cool to see story games try to use game systems for story purposes.

link to any video?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Ventana posted:

link to any video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH4sL2MG0lQ

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh Show... :allears:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Super Mario Odyssey theme song contains the lines "I'm flipping the switch," they're certainly right about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-GVs981uAM

This song is adorable :3:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Harrow posted:

This song is adorable :3:

Apparently Pauline sings it?

I'm ok with Pauline coming back as a Mario character before Daisy does.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Pauline is the mayor of New Donk City

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
what stream is big show on?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The REAL Goobusters posted:

what stream is big show on?

twitch

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That combat looks really bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sony is streaming Detroit :geno:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Big Show should host every E3 conference for everyone.

He's talking about Destiny like he was on the dev team.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sony is streaming Detroit :geno:

If you think about it playing Detroit will be like streaming it but the only viewer would be you.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

COCO BANDICOOT IS PLAYABLE IN ALL THREE GAMES

i just don't really like how that game looks

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's wrong with xenoblade x? It looked like a fun enough game if you wanna go exploring neat-looking landscapes and piloting around a mech and stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Until Dawn is a game worth playing, and then watching someone else play it is added value.

Watching someone else play a David Cage game without having to do it yourself is the real value

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I still can't get over the fact that of all the cool things they could've done with a VR FFXV they decided to make a fishing game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I hope Big Show gets his Destiny codes.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That combat looks really bad

I mean, have Don't Nod made any games with good combat? I heard the combat in that memory game was kinda crummy.

I have not played any David Cage games since Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, have his more recent games genuinely been more branching? Or is it pretty much a given that his new robot game is just gonna have a couple of scenes with a lot of branching outcomes and then the rest of the game is going to be far more linear and fail to live up to his promises?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/stealth___/status/874706871164297216

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

FirstAidKite posted:

What's wrong with xenoblade x? It looked like a fun enough game if you wanna go exploring neat-looking landscapes and piloting around a mech and stuff.

It's not Xenoblade Chronicles 2, basically. Which to a lot of people is enough.

Essentially XCX took most of the things that were good in XC and made them bad, and took the bad things and made them good. It has a MUCH weaker main story, and a significantly weaker cast, but it has an astronomically better sidequest game going on. The combat was made more complex, which is divisive, and the mech combat was kinda tacked on and made stuff a bit too easy. The world exploration is, in my opinion, definitely superior to Chronicles, but this is a point of contention. I also like the music more but this is DEFINITELY just my opinion, I love Sawano soundtracks.

It looks incredibly good for a Wii U game, except that the character faces are kinda horrifyingly bad. Oh and the game is kinda grindy if you want to go do the super ultra secret bosses.

But seriously though the sidequest power of XCX alone is enough to make me enjoy it over XC. So many good sideplots. So many.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't speak for everyone but for me the changes they made to the combat were very tedious, there was way way too much menuing and micromanaging of stats and party members and equipment, and what little exploring I did didn't feel interesting or satisfying.

But the real sin is that what I loved most about the first Xenoblade was its characters and story which was among the best I've experienced in any game. Xenoblade X's story was absolutely awful.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Red Bones posted:

I mean, have Don't Nod made any games with good combat? I heard the combat in that memory game was kinda crummy.

They've only made two games so far. Remember Me has bad combat and Life Is Strange has no combat. So yeah, that's definitely my main concern about Vampyr as well, otherwise it seems cool.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Pauline is the mayor of New Donk City

From bae to beyonce.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I still can't get over the fact that of all the cool things they could've done with a VR FFXV they decided to make a fishing game.

I think it looks really great, and honestly I'm just sorta jazzed whenever someone announces a game that isn't about killing people/robots/goblins with swords and/or guns. There's so many more things you can make fun games out of, not everything needs to be combat.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wait what

Did he just casually announce a new mario & luigi game

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Black Science Man, Randy Pitchfork, Walking Dead Post Show Guy and Guardians of The Galaxy Director plus some woman on the twitch stream now.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Infinity Gaia posted:

Essentially XCX took most of the things that were good in XC and made them bad, and took the bad things and made them good.

I think I agree with this take the most. XCX had some really nice parts to it, but it was mostly in a different direction than the strengths of XC. XCX felt like a spinoff thing. XC2 looks like it's going right back to the original direction.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't speak for everyone but for me the changes they made to the combat were very tedious, there was way way too much menuing and micromanaging of stats and party members and equipment, and what little exploring I did didn't feel interesting or satisfying.

But the real sin is that what I loved most about the first Xenoblade was its characters and story which was among the best I've experienced in any game. Xenoblade X's story was absolutely awful.

I'd say essentially XCX is a game for people that wanted more of XC's gameplay, but expanded and deepened, at the expense of the main plot. XCX's combat and exploration were INCREDIBLY fun for me, personally, but I'm the kinda guy that LIKES spending a while poring over stats and working out a build and such.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Sony is doing a live demo of Vampyr in 7 minutes

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait what

He said Superstar Saga so it sounds like a remake of the first game? Would be cool

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Remember Me was a game full of really neat ideas and really clumsy execution in basically every regard except its soundtrack (which is just excellent all around)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the fact that XCX forced you to do ubisoft-tier map checkmarking as a gate to the interesting content was enough for me to drop it. what a loving abhorrent design decision.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait what

Yeeeep lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Harrow posted:

Remember Me was a game full of really neat ideas and really clumsy execution in basically every regard except its soundtrack (which is just excellent all around)

I can't believe I'm saying this but Remember Me honestly came across as a game that would have been better as a David Cage-style affair with less combat and more of the memory altering set-pieces. There were like 3 of them in the entire game and it was the big center piece of the marketing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait what

It's called "Bowser's Minions" :aaa:

You play Goombas and poo poo. Omg

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol this minions thing could be fun

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Superstar Saga port plus Bowser's Minions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'd say essentially XCX is a game for people that wanted more of XC's gameplay, but expanded and deepened, at the expense of the main plot. XCX's combat and exploration were INCREDIBLY fun for me, personally, but I'm the kinda guy that LIKES spending a while poring over stats and working out a build and such.

And to be fair, I didn't play enough of it to get to the sidequests you talked about because I was so turned off so quickly. So I can accept that there's probably stuff that just appealed to others.

• Locked thread