Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The Ultimate Evil

cubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Use your sonic fan character to fight the ULTIMATE EVIL... a sonic fan character

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was expecting the trailer to reveal the deadpan seriousness was a joke and now Im even more confused.

I hope the villains name is Deviant Art.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Not sure we needed another villain here.

The ultimate evil: gimmick platforming from Colors.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Those Blue Wisps were evil all along, I knew it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"Guys, this concept art for the main villain looks like someone's terrible OC. Is his name Ravendark Villainsin?"
"OC?"
"Yeah, you know, fan characters? Like Mike the hedgehog?"
"Oh.."
"Dude what's with that look in your eye, what are you doing?"
*months later*
"So here's our player avatar."

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i'm excited for my OC to fight their OC

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cubes the Dark

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

this

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Kelp Plankton posted:

same

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

This is not a good look for the game

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can't wait for Sonic to be mind-controlled to be evil and then my OC will have to fight Sonic and save the day.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm okay with a new villain honestly

Eggman as a final boss isn't novel anymore

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Friendly Factory fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 4, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
My aesthetic is definitely "ominous science fiction music played over footage of Eggman spinning in his chair."

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Wow that interview where they said we have plans for Chaos , I didn't expect to hear that quick

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Here's some clean gameplay footage of the Sonic Forces E3 demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyTzm8WgtlE

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Edit beaten.

Both games look like they will be fun and cool.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 13, 2017

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

It seems kind of odd they chose to bring back Chaos, but hey, time travel plots.

New Villain looks cool, too. I am absolutely getting this game, and while it's a whole different package than Sonic Mania, I'm just as interested.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm okay with a new villain honestly

Eggman as a final boss isn't novel anymore

I wonder - cause the earlier gameplay confirmed that this is a world in which Eggman has gained control of the world and the Sonics are fighting to get it back from him. So he might be controlling them all like usual.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Sonic Forces seems to be inspired by SatAM and Deviantart.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's Schrodinger's Sonic Game. It both is and isn't Deviantart until the first character starts inexplicably inflating.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Gammatron 64 posted:

Sonic Forces seems to be inspired by SatAM and Deviantart.

That's Sonic.

Sonic should be Sonic.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

CJacobs posted:

It's Schrodinger's Sonic Game. It both is and isn't Deviantart until the first character starts inexplicably inflating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXsSgzKJ0fY

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
ORIGINAL THE CHARACTER VERSUS ORIGINAL THE CHARACTER

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

so, i'm guessing eggman has all these various eras of bad guys on his side because thanks to time-travel he's made every single one of his previous plans a success instead of losing, so chaos was always under his control, shadow kept working for him, metal sonic didnt get blown up or go crazy or whatever, all that stuff went well for him and now hes set up to be a big problem to take down?

like thats a pretty simple, if kind of nonsense, story that seems right up their alley if they want to do callbacks

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

nerdbot posted:

New footage, including our first listen to Green Hill Zone Act 2 and the boss theme. Seems like they made some small changes to the Mirage Saloon Act 2 music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB9RP2SV8HY

"Tales"

Mirage Saloon's theme sounds so loving 90's in the absolute best possible way. I think I'm in love :allears:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't think it's neccessarily time travel. I mean.

None of those characters have gone anywhere. They still exist in universe. They're all known quantities that Eggman can recruit, rebuild, or otherwise press into his service somehow.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can't wait until Eggman loses control of Luciphor the Darkedge over there and has to team up with your Sonics to take him down before he destroys reality
One Sonic dies near the end and your OC has to revive him with a tender beej

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Not a surprise but seems like Forces will be 30fps on Switch even docked while 60 on everything else.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

What's the biggest opportunity to pwn Sonic that Eggman's ever squandered? Thinking about this cause I was watching the intro to sonic unleashed again and he loving owns sonic so hard it's not even funny.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also I'm sort of confused on the "Infinite also looks like a fan character" thing.

Because when I think of Sonic fan characters I think of a Noivern whose face crashed into three other geometries and whose super power is cubes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

What's the biggest opportunity to pwn Sonic that Eggman's ever squandered? Thinking about this cause I was watching the intro to sonic unleashed again and he loving owns sonic so hard it's not even funny.

the final boss in sonic 1 where he could have just lowered all four pillars.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TFRazorsaw posted:

also I'm sort of confused on the "Infinite also looks like a fan character" thing.

Because when I think of Sonic fan characters I think of a Noivern whose face crashed into three other geometries and whose super power is cubes

This is Eggman's OC.

Stairmaster posted:

the final boss in sonic 1 where he could have just lowered all four pillars.

Sonic going into the last stage only to be dropped back into Labyrinth Zone is top quality, though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Schwarzwald posted:

This is Eggman's OC.

god i want this to be true so bad

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Kelp Plankton posted:

god i want this to be true so bad

You think so, until you read his fan fiction.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What are the odds of Classic Dr Robotnik showing up and having more of a role in Forces?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't think they can really pull that kind of thing off a second time. It feels superfluous.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

But Green Hill Zone in every game, yeah, go with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

are there more sonic games with green hill zone in them or more without it in them?