Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Is there a way to mute people besides friends, in Killing Floor2? And or does ps4 have party chat? I rarely play multiplayer games as you can tell, but my friends is real high on this alright game.

Yes PS4 has party chat. It's one of the main icons on the home page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I was joking before but now I'm really wondering if you guys have PS4's

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if he never plays mp games i can see him never using the party features

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

bloodychill posted:

But there's already crossplay between PC and PS4. I don't get it.

GOTTA GET THOSE CLICKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

also there's literally no reason sony, the company in a dominant position, would let the other two consoles have access to their massive player base

same thing MS did with the 360

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Awesome! posted:

if he never plays mp games i can see him never using the party features

I literally never play multiplayer games and knew it had parties. Like it sometimes pop up messages about how so and so is in a party.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

bloodychill posted:

I was joking before but now I'm really wondering if you guys have PS4's

I have a launch model going strong. I just literally never play multiplayer games. Just some annoying kids asking for 'dosh' every loving round and yelling "die fags" at the zombies

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

ya people pointing at Sony but snubbing their nose when Xbox was on top and did the same thing to Sony, like the final fantasy no

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So Skyrim VR is $60 and it doesn't appear that owning it already even gives you a discount :lol:

I'm still gonna buy it. jfc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im so shook over this that i might be woke now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

veni veni veni posted:

So Skyrim VR is $60 and it doesn't appear that owning it already even gives you a discount :lol:

lmao

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

veni veni veni posted:

No, don't. Don't encourage that bullshit.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Bombadilillo posted:

I have a launch model going strong. I just literally never play multiplayer games. Just some annoying kids asking for 'dosh' every loving round and yelling "die fags" at the zombies

Fair enough.

also there's literally no reason sony, the company in a dominant position, would let the other two consoles have access to their massive player base

"It would be really great for our customers if they could play the game with your customers since there are so many of them. So, uh..."

"Yes, that would be really great for your customers."

I'd be more pissed with Sony about it but since MS has shuttered a bunch of studios I liked and killed projects with companies I like, stopped investing much money in the industry, and had a long-standing policy of allowing no cross-play with Sony and Nintendo games until right up to this point, I have a hard time getting angry on their behalf.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 14, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Sometimes I want a psvr, sometimes I see FFXV fishing trailers. Then Im done wanting one.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

ya people pointing at Sony but snubbing their nose when Xbox was on top and did the same thing to Sony, like the final fantasy no

So being like the Xbox 360 is a good thing? Heh

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

maybe ps5 vr will be worth owning

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

people seem to like it a lot more than the xbox one at least

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Awesome! posted:

maybe ps5 vr will be worth owning

Im inclined to think this. Games still looking like fuckin tech demos.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I impulse bought PSVR and yeah, def wait for next gen. It's definitely paving the way, and is cool, but the quality is atrocious

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

nah we're just pawns along for the ride fam

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No, don't. Don't encourage that bullshit.

I really want to play Skyrim in VR. So...Yes

Really I think Bethesda is ridiculous with how much they milk their games and get people to buy them over and over. In fact don't even think skyrim was that great. but frankly I've been wanting something like this since the headset came out and I am ten times more pumped for this than I was when the game came out in the first place.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

My favourite part of the Skyrim vr footage is when a giant hits the player with that attack that would famously send you flying into the sky and now nothing happens.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Well I tried... :shrug:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The only time I have used the PS4 party function is to set up a party of one in order to block out open multiplayer voice chat

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'd love to try the new Ace Combat with the PSVR.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It was lovely when MS did it then, too.

But two wrongs make a right I guess.

quote:

"It would be really great for our customers if they could play the game with your customers since there are so many of them. So, uh..."

"Yes, that would be really great for your customers."

I'd be more pissed with Sony about it but since MS has shuttered a bunch of studios I liked and killed projects with companies I like, stopped investing much money in the industry, and had a long-standing policy of allowing no cross-play with Sony and Nintendo games until right up to this point, I have a hard time getting angry on their behalf.

I'm not angry on Microsoft's behalf, I'm angry on the behalf of the players.

The only thing this is going to hurt is the growth of the community on Playstation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'd love to try the new Ace Combat with the PSVR.
They're loving up AC VR bad unfortunately, just a couple side missions

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Honest question for you guys, and I don't mean this in a snarky way, it's just something someone else mentioned in the VR thread, but how many of those who like to poo poo on VR have actually spent a significant amount of time with it or have even tried one for that matter?

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
https://youtu.be/DjZ-asj8GzQ

I want to hunt Monsters with friends.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Honest question for you guys, and I don't mean this in a snarky way, it's just something someone else mentioned in the VR thread, but how many of those who like to poo poo on VR have actually spent a significant amount of time with it or have even tried one for that matter?

I have tried it several times. If I had my own setup, I would have no problem paying 60 bucks for a game in VR that deems its worth, just not for a 6 year old game that I feel gains nothing in VR.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The only time I have used the PS4 party function is to set up a party of one in order to block out open multiplayer voice chat

Unless I'm missing something I use this function a lot cause I don't play online games alone?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

homeless snail posted:

Aw man, why would they go and do that?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Speaking of this, did the battlefront X-wing mission ever happen? or turn into more then a side mission thing? Because I will legit buy a $400 Vr for a full X-wing game.

SamuraiPaul posted:

https://youtu.be/DjZ-asj8GzQ

I want to hunt Monsters with friends.

Gonna hunt on the Switch. Then abandon it forever casue got dang this is so good looking.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why have all my games been saying "cannot connect to server so network features are not available" even though I see all my friends online and I just bought stuff from the PSN store?

Anyone?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

I'm all for VR, but the cost is prohibitive, there's no compelling software yet, and from what I understand it's currently inconvenient to install.

So in its current state it feels like a lot of excessive opulence for little return.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I have tried it several times. If I had my own setup, I would have no problem paying 60 bucks for a game in VR that deems its worth, just not for a 6 year old game that I feel gains nothing in VR.

Oh, I know you were talking about Bethesda not VR in general.

The question wasn't directed at anyone specifically I just know there are a lot of naysayers that post itt and I am curious about how many have actually tried it.

VR is pretty loving awesome. This gen is super flawed and I wouldn't fault anyone for waiting for the next wave, but it is still pretty drat great and I haven't regretting getting in on it once.

Bombadilillo posted:

Speaking of this, did the battlefront X-wing mission ever happen? or turn into more then a side mission thing? Because I will legit buy a $400 Vr for a full X-wing game.

It came out a while back. it's 15 minutes long :/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

The battlefront mission is just like a little 10 min x-wing PSVR attack. People lost their poo poo over it. It was kinda cool but eh the graphics are just so bad

I bought the PSVR like an idiot. It's nifty and fun but I'll speak out against it, the graphics quality are horrendous and definitely will be the big change with every new iteration of vr

I haven't touched it in months but Rez was everything I wanted it to be

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I think that's where I'm at right now. Right now there's only 1 game that I really want to play in VR, Resident Evil 7. I don't want to replay a game like Fallout or Doom in VR. I already got what I wanted out of them. I don't want to throw down hundreds to replay a game or just play one game.

Once we get to the point where the majority of games will have a total VR mode (not just select stage) then yeah I'd probably get a headset.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That's really weird to say, I kinda hate Skyrim but it looks like its going to be an incredibly good VR game. Like its nothing but huge open vistas and claustrophobic passageways so the presence is going to be pretty cool. I originally played it on PC with 3D glasses and even that gave it a really immense feeling that enhanced it alot imo, VR could only be better.

Bombadilillo posted:

It did, its just one mission. One very cool mission that they should make a full loving game out of, but no don't buy a headset for that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The battlefront mission is just like a little 10 min x-wing PSVR attack. People lost their poo poo over it. It was kinda cool but eh the graphics are just so bad

I bought the PSVR like an idiot. It's nifty and fun but I'll speak out against it, the graphics quality are horrendous and definitely will be the big change with every new iteration of vr

I haven't touched it in months but Rez was everything I wanted it to be

Sounds like VR is still a console gen or 2 even away from being properly GOOD. Of a $2000 PC but that doesnt exactly have games for it either.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's nifty and fun but I'll speak out against it, the graphics quality are horrendous and definitely will be the big change with every new iteration of vr

That really varies from game to game. Some of them look great. Unless you are referring to how stuff tends to get blurry in the distance which is in most games with a lot of detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
VR is getting there. I sold my PSVR and I figure either it succeeds and the next one is better or it doesn't and well... oh well. Either way, I got to enjoy the novelty of it, got most of my money back, and know I'm down for it when the quality improves.

And if this lack of cross platform gaming truly is the "____-gate" of this E3, I can firmly say that is some tame, ambivalent poo poo I can live with.