Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I mean that's cute and all but perhaps kids just like superheroes and superhero movies?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Uh no such mundane considerations have been left behind by these woke as gently caress preschool age children

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
I would never in a million years take my kindergartner to see any movie that violent, there's no way entire classes are seeing it. Just asked my kids, first grader has heard of it but none of his friends have gone, kindergartner started telling me long, rambling story about Lego Batman 3.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
My kid just wanted a wonder woman themed fidget spinner :shrug:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I haven't seen the film but Wonder Woman uh, gets into some pretty crazy stuff more than you'd think.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

So is it good? I thought the trailers looked good, and Gal Gadot (politics aside) is :allears:, so I would certainly be interested. But otoh it's really sad that all it needs is a female superhero protagonist for literally everyone to lose their poo poo, either because MAH SUPERHEROES or because all it takes is apparently a movie to redefine all of the societal gender discourse or something?

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Choco1980 posted:

I haven't seen the film but Wonder Woman uh, gets into some pretty crazy stuff more than you'd think.

Do you mean the Bracers of Submission reference? Wasn't the original creator a massive bondage and polygamy enthusiast?

I'm sure glad that we don't have any modern comic artists injecting their fetishes into their work.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

System Metternich posted:

So is it good? I thought the trailers looked good, and Gal Gadot (politics aside) is :allears:, so I would certainly be interested. But otoh it's really sad that all it needs is a female superhero protagonist for literally everyone to lose their poo poo, either because MAH SUPERHEROES or because all it takes is apparently a movie to redefine all of the societal gender discourse or something?

Other than being really long it was pretty good and there was also a deus ex goku.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Decrepus posted:

deus ex goku.

Don't you mean Goku Ex Machina? (mods please)

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Just lol at anybody thinking Hollywood has any impact on American culture beyond determining what mass produced plastic garbage we import from China each year.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Just lol at anybody thinking Hollywood has any impact on American culture beyond determining what mass produced plastic garbage we import from China each year.

It actually has a bigger impact than it really should imho, but still not a big enough impact to make instant feminists out of people, children and adults alike.

Too many people listen to the diarrhea exiting the mouths of celebrities who should just stick to acting

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

I really liked it, not perfect but very enjoyable unlike most DC movies. My wife hated it though.

Edit: Gal Gadot was really good and was the only part my wife liked.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

all wives love gal gadot

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

maybe gently caress abelism?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Isn't money in most countries printed with a tactile area or just with different textures to distinguish bills easily at a touch? Genuinely don't know if someone would need folding on top of that.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

Isn't money in most countries printed with a tactile area or just with different textures to distinguish bills easily at a touch? Genuinely don't know if someone would need folding on top of that.

American bills are all the same size (I'm pretty sure), but yes - other countries have different sizes of money.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That is actually a genuinely helpful thing to do in the states if you have a blind customer, because yes, the bills are all the same size, and no, most cashiers don't give a gently caress.

The flip side is that most cashiers are not paid enough to give a gently caress and the people behind the blind customer will undoubtedly complain to the manager that the minimum-wage teenager at the register is taking too long.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Sisal Two-Step posted:

maybe gently caress abelism?

My mother is legally blind and she would love this. As stated previously, US bills aren't different shapes because gently caress if I know why. She's got something called esight (I think?) that makes it much easier now. Not only can she tell bills apart, but she can post dog pictures on Facebook all day long.

So I guess in summary: gently caress US bills, that cashier is genuinely helpful and may not be a STDH, and technology is pretty great.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

My mother is legally blind and she would love this. As stated previously, US bills aren't different shapes because gently caress if I know why. She's got something called esight (I think?) that makes it much easier now. Not only can she tell bills apart, but she can post dog pictures on Facebook all day long.

So I guess in summary: gently caress US bills, that cashier is genuinely helpful and may not be a STDH, and technology is pretty great.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... So you're NOT an Orphan?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

brylcreem posted:

American bills are all the same size (I'm pretty sure), but yes - other countries have different sizes of money.

I'm surprised they didn't take the chance to make new money. Making new money is pure profit for the government.

When Sweden remade all their bills you could freely exchange your old money for new. As long as you could provide a receipt of where the money came from. At the same time they also made it so that businesses that handled cash held the burden to check where money came from.

This wasn't an issue if you handled a few hundred euros worth for a transaction. But if someone wanted to buy a brand new car in cash then the car dealership needed a receipt of where the buyer got the money from. To in turn put that money in the bank.

The result was that hundreds of millions of euros worth of illegal money, drug money and so on could never be washed in time before they became worthless. Money that the state could now print anew and use.

In the later parts the criminals were losing their minds over all the cash about to become worthless. They went into game stores and bought "blizz bucks" for cash that they could redeem for wow tokens and then sell the tokens for gold. Gold that they then tried to sell for real money over peer-to-peer money transfer.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Paladinus posted:

I'm pretty sure Canadian bills have a Braille number in the top corner

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

The Great Burrito posted:

I'm pretty sure Canadian bills have a Braille number in the top corner

:eng101: It's not Braille, but it's own tactile system

Catberry posted:

I'm surprised they didn't take the chance to make new money. Making new money is pure profit for the government.
I think this has something to do with lots of American currency being outside of the countries, either businesses or people because they believe it holds value. I'm basing this statement off a novel I read so I have no idea if it's at all true.

DeadMansSuspenders has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Jun 13, 2017

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa... So you're NOT an Orphan?

I had no idea what you meant until I remembered that FAU changed my name in the last name change thread.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

I had no idea what you meant until I remembered that FAU changed my name in the last name change thread.

You may want to sit down for this... there's been an accident

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Catberry posted:

When Sweden remade all their bills you could freely exchange your old money for new. As long as you could provide a receipt of where the money came from. At the same time they also made it so that businesses that handled cash held the burden to check where money came from.

This wasn't an issue if you handled a few hundred euros worth for a transaction. But if someone wanted to buy a brand new car in cash then the car dealership needed a receipt of where the buyer got the money from. To in turn put that money in the bank.

The result was that hundreds of millions of euros worth of illegal money, drug money and so on could never be washed in time before they became worthless. Money that the state could now print anew and use.

In the later parts the criminals were losing their minds over all the cash about to become worthless. They went into game stores and bought "blizz bucks" for cash that they could redeem for wow tokens and then sell the tokens for gold. Gold that they then tried to sell for real money over peer-to-peer money transfer.

The US, even when it introduces new notes, doesn't outmode the old ones for some dumb reason. They just get removed from circulation whenever they finally show up in a bank. It would likely be very controversial if they tried to make any old notes expire.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

timefly has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Jun 14, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Why the hell is this an artifacted to hell screenshot of a story written on an iPhone's Notes app?! Surely you can find a better medium.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

this is some real self-congratulatory reverse Tarzan and Jane poo poo

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

Why the hell is this an artifacted to hell screenshot of a story written on an iPhone's Notes app?! Surely you can find a better medium.

I have no idea, that's how it looked when I found it on Twitter

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

ReidRansom posted:

The US, even when it introduces new notes, doesn't outmode the old ones for some dumb reason. They just get removed from circulation whenever they finally show up in a bank. It would likely be very controversial if they tried to make any old notes expire.

So bills and coins from like 1844 or something are still legal tender (disregarding the fact that they'd be worth way more than their nominal value by now)? That's kind of cool.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

So bills and coins from like 1844 or something are still legal tender (disregarding the fact that they'd be worth way more than their nominal value by now)? That's kind of cool.

1861, but yeah you're correct.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

epic thread:

[reasonable/realistic situation]+[woke ally]+[ridiculous escalation]=stdh.txt

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Nemo owns, wtf is this poo poo.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Don't forget the "claiming credit for the whole thing" part at the end.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Where are all these adorable singing grandmas coming from? :psyduck:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Dory is one of the main characters in Finding Nemo. I don't understand.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Disney obsessed adults are almost as bad as bronies.

I refuse to believe anyone is ever happy to hear kids on a plane start to be loud. I'd be the guy a few rows up buzzing a flight attendant to tell them to shut the gently caress up. Also the mental image of a bunch of grandmothers "inching closer" is just weird. Sometimes I wonder if the people writing these airborne stdh's have ever been on a plane.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Where are all these adorable singing grandmas coming from? :psyduck:

japan and germany. it's like you didn't even read that epic tweet storm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Sisal Two-Step posted:

japan and germany. it's like you didn't even read that epic tweet storm

Novelists shouldn't Tweet. It's too easy.