Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I just want to play XX ON THE 3DS WITH MY SISTER is that TOO MUCH TO ASK CAPCOM YOU JACKASS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
God damnit why do all videogames have to be ruined by lovely voice acting these days :( And don't tell me "you don't know it's lovely" because honestly 90% of all voice acting is.

Other than that it sounds promising, but it's still not really much more to go on than the trailer.

Camel Camus posted:

I just want to play XX ON THE 3DS WITH MY SISTER is that TOO MUCH TO ASK CAPCOM YOU JACKASS.
:same:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I can't sleep because I am too stressed thinking about MHXX

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

CuddlyZombie posted:

I can't sleep because I am too stressed thinking about MHXX

Also

https://twitter.com/MHKogath/status/874876688919822336

https://twitter.com/MHKogath/status/874876864489291778

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

https://twitter.com/aevanko/status/874884547623759872

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I understand and respect the gameplay reasoning for stop-to-use items. I hated them at first, but grew to accept them, and as I understood the point of the mechanic, I preferred them to a more mobile heal.
That said, I don't think I'm gonna lose any sleep over this.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I really love the gameplay of stop-to-use items, and am in fact losing sleep over this. Not that I'm arguing that it's reasonable.

Edit: This is by the team that made the best games in the series, so in all honesty, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm just rattled over MHXX is all.

CuddlyZombie fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jun 14, 2017

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Zeratanis posted:

Peorder now and get access to the ferocious Azure Rathalos early! You will also get 20% off the G update later this year! Gamestop, power to the player!

on-disc dlc, thanks Capcom

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

CuddlyZombie posted:

I really love the gameplay of stop-to-use items, and am in fact losing sleep over this. Not that I'm arguing that it's reasonable.

Edit: This is by the team that made the best games in the series, so in all honesty, I'm sure they know what they're doing. I'm just rattled over MHXX is all.
Yeah, like, I'm optimistic but all else being equal I'd rather they didn't take out stopping to heal. I'm hoping it's just some guy misreporting that maybe some items can be used on the move, rather than all of them.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Because it just feels wrong to play the localized versions, a big part of the appeal is how ridiculously Japanese Rhythm Tengoku is, kinda like Katamari :v: If only they had translated the text but kept the rest of the games intact.

:yeah:

I think they're bad at making trailers and I can't wait to see some actual gameplay to see if the game is interesting. Also really mad if we don't get XX Switch because it's my dream MH game, essentially.

This was like a page ago but the latest rhythm tengoku on 3DS lets you do just this, and has almost every minigame from every RT game.

Reading through it looks like I'm in the minority where I am very excited to get a new Monster Hunter on a modern console with really nice graphics and a world without loading screens between every zone. I'd totally love them to modernize MH but keep the same basic loop in tact.

Honestly, once I saw World I kind of internally decided to skip XX on Switch.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
The thing is here, that while I am excited for World, and I really am looking forward to it, the biggest reason I play Monster Hunter is because it gives me and my friends a great excuse to actually sit down in the same room and play video games together. I really REALLY value this because increasingly, playing games with friends means sitting in our own living rooms and talking over discord rather than spending real time in each others houses and socializing that way. The fact that I would be able to do it on a hand held system with real analogue sticks and the option to just play it on my TV at home is also a huge huge bonus. I cant understand why they wouldn't give me the option to buy both when for me, they are satisfying 2 completely different types of gaming needs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
No Prowlers, RIP Dead Game MonHun RoundEyes Edition

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I hope they pare back some of the bloat that has been building up in the series. No hunter arts/special attacks/super gimmicky weapons please. Just get the base interactions polished. The stupid looking jet dragon and the fact that they were adding even more layers of poo poo made me completely lose interest in XX, even though it had Barioth who's the best.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

7c Nickel posted:

I hope they pare back some of the bloat that has been building up in the series. No hunter arts/special attacks/super gimmicky weapons please. Just get the base interactions polished. The stupid looking jet dragon and the fact that they were adding even more layers of poo poo made me completely lose interest in XX, even though it had Barioth who's the best.

I think it's cute you believe that "for western audiences" means fewer/streamlined features. Their focus groups probably wanted a Zombies Mode.

Also I will fight you for the honor of Jet Dragon and Mech-piloting Bug.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Don't you loving diss Valfalk, the Raddest And Best Monster.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:sigh:

Animation locking is the biggest thing that separates Monster Hunter from other games for me. It's that feeling of having to really commit to whatever you're doing that makes everything feel like it has weight to it.

I really hope this means they just removed having to stop to use potions and the rest of the game still makes you commit to things just as much as the other games.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

7c Nickel posted:

I hope they pare back some of the bloat that has been building up in the series . No hunter arts/special attacks/super gimmicky weapons please.

These are literally the newest aspects of the franchise, it has existed for less than 10% of the lifespan, and are easily the best aspects of the gameplay now.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

7c Nickel posted:

I hope by "super gimmicky weapons" you're not talking about the Insect Glaive, because I will fight you IRL if you smacktalk my best friend the Bugstick. :toughguy:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This thread is honestly just so fascinating to me. I guess this is what happens to a game that finally starts seeing a lot of significant changes when it's been almost a bit stale since it's original release (obviously being hyperbolic here).

I do see the point that one poster said about getting friends together IRL, and I wish I could copy that sentiment over. I've only ever played with 1 friend irl in the same room but had to go the online route since most of my MonHun friends all live in different cities. My dude you could always LAN party it up I guess, to each their own.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Hearing that this was almost just called Monster Hunter 5 is telling. I do think it's a needed move to get away from the 3DS. I honestly had hoped that the Switch would be the main platform for the core game moving forward since it's basically the perfect device for MH. It's got enough power to get away from the 240p 3DS visuals, but is also portable for local play and convenience.

I will get the Japanese version of XX on Switch if I have to, but Capcom would be completely stupid not to localize it and I hope the lack of an announcement was just to avoid taking attention away from MHW at E3, which is a Western show.

Also, did anyone else feel like the T-Rex intro in the Mario Odyssey trailer was a bit of shade at Monster Hunter, maybe because they ditched and went with Sony/MS?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I really doubt it, that thing was probably decided ages ago

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

empathe posted:

Also, did anyone else feel like the T-Rex intro in the Mario Odyssey trailer was a bit of shade at Monster Hunter, maybe because they ditched and went with Sony/MS?

I got hype at first because I thought it was a Monster Hunter trailer, haha. Then I stayed hype because that Mario Odyssey trailer was loving awesome.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also the real crime of that Monster Hunter t-rex is making me think a feathered tyrannosaur creature looked boring

not like thiiiiiiiiiiis

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Hello I am excited for MHW and not so much for XX that is my hot take thanks

(That and I've played XX on my 3DS and it's more of the same poo poo so I only put like 20 hours into it maybe; also if you started out with deviant X gear soloing G rank is laughably easy at first and it made me not want to play :v: )

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Haquer posted:

(That and I've played XX on my 3DS and it's more of the same poo poo so I only put like 20 hours into it maybe; also if you started out with deviant X gear soloing G rank is laughably easy at first and it made me not want to play :v: )
yea, the more I think about MHXX, the less I think it's what I want. a new hot new take on MH with World on PC is much more exciting. it sucks though that the only way to quench my thirst till then is Stories or backtracking through the older games.
edit: or even.... Dauntless.... ew

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The more I think about XX the more I want to play it on Switch because brave style looks incredibly fun on every weapon and there's no reason for it not to be localized

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Haquer posted:

That first trailer for World gave people a lot of anxiety that the entire game formula is changing, but the more I hear, the more I'm getting excited. I personally think Generations was pretty weak compared to 3U and 4U, and only played about 80 hours of it compared to the 200+ I put into the previous titles. The game was just too easy outside of the grindy-rear end deviants, and styles and hunting arts took some of the necessary clunk out of how the weapons feel and made everything a bit too flashy. That being said, I'll probably eshop a copy of XX and muddle through if they don't announce localization plans by August, but the info about World that's starting to trickle out sounds great, and the series needed to step out of 4th gen.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This thread is honestly just so fascinating to me. I guess this is what happens to a game that finally starts seeing a lot of significant changes when it's been almost a bit stale since it's original release (obviously being hyperbolic here).

I do see the point that one poster said about getting friends together IRL, and I wish I could copy that sentiment over. I've only ever played with 1 friend irl in the same room but had to go the online route since most of my MonHun friends all live in different cities. My dude you could always LAN party it up I guess, to each their own.

I would, my friends wouldnt. The lazy fuckers.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

This makes me very happy to read.

I loved Gen but at the same time, I really, really want the series to try and update its core gameplay better. The most it's really done has been using buttons to attack instead of the right analog stick after 1, and the addition of styles. That plus having the game on a loving TV for once will be a huge bonus.

I will echo the sentiment that I wish I could take it portable, though. Being able to hang out wherever and pull out some solo hunting for a while has been great, but eh. I barely ever do co-op so it doesn't impact me as much.

Also I just realized yesterday that the new dino is very much based off a vulture and I love it. I'm really looking forward to seeing who comes back and how they look with PS4 graphics.

pls bring Nakarkos I need my bae back

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

The more I think about XX the more I want to play it on Switch because brave style looks incredibly fun on every weapon and there's no reason for it not to be localized

Uh yeah there's a good reason not to release it, it would cause a lot of confusion in the marketplace having 2 titles out around the same time so they decide instead to put one out over the other one.

It's REALLY not that difficult to see the reasons why XX won't be coming over.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Except the new title isn't on any nintendo platforms and XX is.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Uh yeah there's a good reason not to release it, it would cause a lot of confusion in the marketplace having 2 titles out around the same time so they decide instead to put one out over the other one.

We get it, you're woke as hell and confused why a bunch of us would like to have XX to play on Switch alongside the new game

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Aside from the fact that if they actually wanted to, August is not an insane time frame to have localized XX by, for a bunch of us who will play World on PC, that "early 2018" is probably like "early 2018 plus 3-6 months"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

They're on entirely different systems

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Every new piece of info on mhw makes me more apprehensive about it, the only bit of possibly good news (IMO) is the seamless world. Capcom's "new idea for old IP" track record is incredibly bad.

I really hope we get XX so I don't have to buy a switch AND learn Japanese.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

We get it, you're woke as hell and confused why a bunch of us would like to have XX to play on Switch alongside the new game

Ty

Zelder posted:

They're on entirely different systems

They're still both called Monster Hunter and it would be confusing except for the people who are really into it. I'm just saying it makes sense to me why they would not release it when they already have this new one coming anyway.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ty

They're still both called Monster Hunter and it would be confusing except for the people who are really into it. I'm just saying it makes sense to me why they would not release it when they already have this new one coming anyway.

They have different names and are on different systems. It does not require being really into a series to realize a switch game won't work in your ps4, and vice versa. Even in the fictional scenario where someone goes to buy monster Hunter world and comes back with monster hunter generations x capcom still makes a sale

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zelder posted:

They have different names and are on different systems. It does not require being really into a series to realize a switch game won't work in your ps4, and vice versa. Even in the fictional scenario where someone goes to buy monster Hunter world and comes back with monster hunter generations x capcom still makes a sale

You have way too much faith in people.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So why didn't they get the dragon's dogma team to make MHW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Why would Nintendo release a Metroid game on the 3DS as well as the Switch? That's gonna be confusing to people. I should know, because everyone is dumber than me. Grub Grob uh gluburbd akdhrb

• Locked thread