Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Genocide Tendency posted:

Hey. Remember when Edrogan had his security detail beat up a group of protesters?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875052772537901057

Good. gently caress em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Exclusive footage of Turks being arrested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDoGqZUHVEI

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Please please please put bags on their heads.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Oh since we were talking about jokes in bad taste earlier I came up with one

What do Richard Hammond and Michael Schumacher have in common?

Normally I can get these but I'm drawing a blank.

Which is something Scalise wishes he could say.

Also:

https://twitter.com/kthomasdc/status/875063654709964800

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Best Friends posted:

Some libertarian on the internet had a hot take last year

https://twitter.com/randpaul/status/746022114042478592

Well, Bernouts and Paulites are both largely white men with overinflated ideas of their own intelligence so...

bird food bathtub posted:

Hmm, gonna be a real hoot to see the GOP response to this. What are they going to do, advocate for gun control? Doubtful. Can't do the Black Panther response of taking guns only from "those" sorts of people to keep "good" people safe since it was apparently a white guy. I don't think America is that far gone that we can take guns from people based on political affiliation because that might actually be something that triggers the "tyranny" response from noticeable numbers of the Trump base.

May you live in interesting times indeed.

They are going to unironically, unreflectively say that the atmosphere of hate and intolerance pushed by left wing media is to blame - i.e. the exact thing that they say is not to blame every time a conservative shoots up, say, a holocaust museum.

KildarX posted:

Listened to five minutes of Rush today and the "hot take" was something along the lines of

"Friends, you know and I know that this shooting was all caused by the liberal media using inflamatory remarks about Trump"

Aaaand there it is.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

They are going to unironically, unreflectively say that the atmosphere of hate and intolerance pushed by left wing media is to blame - i.e. the exact thing that they say is not to blame every time a conservative shoots up, say, a holocaust museum.

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), in a suit and tie, stopped by the crime scene to pray, and was viscerally angry about his colleagues being attacked.

“America has been divided,” he said, “and the center of America is disappearing, and the violence is appearing in the streets, and it’s coming from the left.” King indicated that it was impossible to separate the hyperpartisan climate in Washington — especially people protesting Trump — and Republican members of Congress being gunned down at a baseball practice.

“The divisions within the country, people that can’t accept the results of the election that are determined to try to take this country down, take this organization down,” King said. “This city was filled up with demonstrations the day after the inauguration, where you couldn’t drive down the streets.”

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Stultus Maximus posted:

Aaaand there it is.

People still listen to Rush Limbaugh? Is this 1996?

One of the congressmen on scene actually had the most cogent response when asked about gun control. Basically, "the reaction to an abuse of liberty should not be a restriction of that liberty". He used the first and fourth amendments as examples.

It was actually a pleasant surprise to hear a reasonable argument after such an event instead of reactionary calls for instant action or...whatever it is Rush does.

Also, the shooter is from Belleville, IL. There's a picture of him protesting in front of the post office just a stone's throw from the Scott AFB downtown clinic.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Scalise is in critical condition.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

critical != life threatening

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
-

Nick Soapdish posted:

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), in a suit and tie, stopped by the crime scene to pray, and was viscerally angry about his colleagues being attacked.

“America has been divided,” he said, “and the center of America is disappearing, and the violence is appearing in the streets, and it’s coming from the left.” King indicated that it was impossible to separate the hyperpartisan climate in Washington — especially people protesting Trump — and Republican members of Congress being gunned down at a baseball practice.

“The divisions within the country, people that can’t accept the results of the election that are determined to try to take this country down, take this organization down,” King said. “This city was filled up with demonstrations the day after the inauguration, where you couldn’t drive down the streets.”

Meanwhile,

https://twitter.com/o_ema/status/875020626435735552

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I like when it's a school shooting or some such other most nut jobs go immediately to, "FALSE FLAG CRISIS ACTORS INSIDE JOB GUBMENT TAKE OUR GUNS!", but if you shoot a GOP congressmen it's suddenly, "Obviously this is a fringe element whipped into a frenzy of intolerance by media"

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If he is in a surgical ICU after being in the OR the news can say he is in "critical condition" all they want regardless of how chill he is in that ICU bed. He could probably be eating and watching TV waiting for a floor bed by now.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

KildarX posted:

I like when it's a school shooting or some such other most nut jobs go immediately to, "FALSE FLAG CRISIS ACTORS INSIDE JOB GUBMENT TAKE OUR GUNS!", but if you shoot a GOP congressmen it's suddenly, "Obviously this is a fringe element whipped into a frenzy of intolerance by media"

I prefer victim blaming. I mean if these congressmen were in a shall issue state, they would have been armed to protect themselves.

Oh wait.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Scalise sounds like he's on the actually critical side of critical.

https://twitter.com/thauserkstp/status/875079321685295106

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Does a gunshot wound count as a pre-existing condition?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Bullet probably hit an artery when he got nailed in the hip, doctors might be having some difficulty controlling the bleeding.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
his last words were 'but, her emails'

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That's populism for you.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Scalise sounds like he's on the actually critical side of critical.

https://twitter.com/thauserkstp/status/875079321685295106
It would be really funny if he wakes up amd decides that guns are bad. Not saying it's going to happen but it would be hilarious.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

He must be one of those guys who was deterred from drinking out of stadium urinal troughs when they put ice in them. "Too hoity toity".

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

psydude posted:

Does a gunshot wound count as a pre-existing condition?

I think it does if you're black.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
They're going to use this to cut off a huge chunk of public access to any part of the legislative branch. Where Giffords tried and (largely) failed to get new legislation on the books after her shooting, the GOP is going to harp on security concerns and the intolerant left to throw another level of sneakiness on their political dealings. Kind of seeing it already, in the article below- between the "we need more security", and the "Congressmen need to be armed" is a whole lot of "we can't trust the public".
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-14/lawmaker-security-concerns-deepen-following-virginia-shooting

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Well we can't legislate the cameras out of the hallways so we need to create a legitimate security threat.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

It would be really funny if he wakes up amd decides that guns are bad. Not saying it's going to happen but it would be hilarious.

Would he still think that the Klan is okay?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Good to know he had the same taste in beer as my dead alcoholic grandfather. Er actually my OTHER dead alcoholic (step)grandfather. My real dead alcoholic grandpa was a cool dude who had been on AA for 50+ years.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Immanentized posted:

They're going to use this to cut off a huge chunk of public access to any part of the legislative branch. Where Giffords tried and (largely) failed to get new legislation on the books after her shooting, the GOP is going to harp on security concerns and the intolerant left to throw another level of sneakiness on their political dealings. Kind of seeing it already, in the article below- between the "we need more security", and the "Congressmen need to be armed" is a whole lot of "we can't trust the public".
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-14/lawmaker-security-concerns-deepen-following-virginia-shooting

Uh they could've been armed if they wanted to be? That might've made it hard to play baseball though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Can't wait for congress to get militarized like the police have become.

E: someone also brought up a good point about optics if (and that's a big "if") some reasonable gun legislation gets passed as a result. Basically congress will only do anything if they are at risk, but not sayyyyy an elementary school full of children.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 14, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chichevache posted:

He must be one of those guys who was deterred from drinking out of stadium urinal troughs when they put ice in them. "Too hoity toity".

:lol:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Drinking bud from a can at a bar in NoVa should be enough to get you on some kind of list, and I'm far from a beer snob.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

hobbesmaster posted:

Uh they could've been armed if they wanted to be? That might've made it hard to play baseball though.

dianne feinstein (d) has a concealed carry license. you can bet she would be strapped.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Guns

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/AP/status/875106605569855488

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Can't wait to illegally stream that

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Conor is going to get smoked. MMA is not boxing

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Why does anyone care if a punching man can win a fight with a striker/grappler. Not the same drat thing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Why does anyone care if a punching man can win a fight with a striker/grappler. Not the same drat thing.

Why does anybody care about sports at all? It's good fun.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Waroduce posted:

Conor is going to get smoked. MMA is not boxing

Yup and he's gonna make 100m in the process.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TBeats posted:

Why does anybody care about sports at all? It's good fun.

I suppose I would pay to see certain people beat up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I know we just got done talking about how TBI are bad, m'kay, but I would get knocked out by Floyd Mayweather if it meant I could immediately and comfortably retire afterwards.

• Locked thread