Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Is MK 8 worth it if I'm going to play primarily single player?

Did you play the Wii U version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Nope this would be my first Mario kart. Probably would just be playing by myself but might go online occasionally.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

multiplayer involves 1v1 hat flipping/breakdance and parkour battle

Luigi: "1v1 me, bro."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Absolutely worth it, MK8 is great. If you get into it, you'll play online more than you anticipate.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

with Switch taking over I hope that nintendo adds some more 3DS/WiiU games to Nintendo Selects, i'm sure they wouldn't announce this at E3 but like, later this year at least

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quest For Glory II posted:

with Switch taking over I hope that nintendo adds some more 3DS/WiiU games to Nintendo Selects, i'm sure they wouldn't announce this at E3 but like, later this year at least

do stores still sell Wii U games?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

do stores still sell Wii U games?
I know gamestops still do and best buys do. with gamestops they're given just slightly more space than the Vita (and yes they still stock Vita games)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Definitely. It's really fun any way you play it. And online is pretty fun too.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
So is there still no info on stardew valley? It looks fun and relaxing

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

In case anyone cares- I just noticed there's a demo for Just Dance 2017 on the eshop, you have to search for it tho

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Absolutely yes. It's a ton of fun solo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Nope this would be my first Mario kart. Probably would just be playing by myself but might go online occasionally.

Definitely. I mostly play online but three starring all the cups is fun. It's my favorite racing game of all time.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Oyster posted:

I just realized:

New Donk City.

Pauline and the New Donk Players.

Donkey Kong.

I know that Donkey Kong was originally named such because Miyamoto thought donkeys were stubborn and that described Donkey Kong or whatever, but if they're retconning the original Donkey Kong this is one hell of a way to do it.

all the street names are DKC characters

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i decided to wait until a splatoon 2 bundle happens, gamestop has an ARMS one but i want splatooooooooooooooooon

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Everyone has been saying that Mario's outfits are a reference to all of the older games... but what if he's actually buying his wardrobe for what turns out to be FUTURE GAMES IN THE TIMELINE???

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Consummate Professional posted:

So is there still no info on stardew valley? It looks fun and relaxing
Still nothing. They removed it from a listing of upcoming stuff so we were hoping for a stealth "now available"... and nothing.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

TFRazorsaw posted:

Donkey Kong shows up in a sick top hat and cape

Cranky lends him his cane

I mean, this is surely going to happen so preemptive apology for spoilers.

Edit: and a website or two reaching really hard and calling it racist.

enojy fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 15, 2017

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Still nothing. They removed it from a listing of upcoming stuff so we were hoping for a stealth "now available"... and nothing.
That sucks. I've been holding off the pc and PS4 version cause it seems perfect for Switch in handheld mode.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Should I buy Arms?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Vince MechMahon posted:

Should I buy Arms?

I'm gonna! The test punch was very fun.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUmUgnwf6eY
drat donk city

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

sounds like Xenoblade meets baten kaitos

I love it

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Assuming there is one, if anyone gets info about a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 special edition please post in thread. I need dat soundtrack.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Vince MechMahon posted:

Should I buy Arms?

I would say no until I saw the exhibition match with the developer of the game against the guy who won the tournament. Now I'd say that the game definitely has a solid base to it, but look forward to many months of growing pains and grab spamming if you buy it right away as everyone figures it out.

I'd also say the motion controls were a huge letdown but poo poo, that guy sure knew how to leverage them...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where do I buy the splatoon and Arms hoodies and shirts?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Step up from X for sure, but that seems a bit intense for a normal battle theme.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Should I buy Arms?

I think whether or not you buy ARMS on launch should depend on how much mileage you think you can get out of the online, cause that's the real meat of the game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Should I buy Arms?

If a wacky boxing game with a surprising amount of depth seem interesting to you then yes. It seems light on single player content but the online is very good.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

I have absolutely no intention of playing this game but this rules.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Should I buy Arms?

I found it very fun. See if a store has a demo kiosk set up and see if you like it!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

SeANMcBAY posted:

It seems light on single player content but the online is very good.

This is the only thing worrying me about ARMS. I'm a solo player 90% of the time. That said, if the ai is reasonable I'm the kind of player who can spend hours smashing bots in fighting games.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Honestly I don't really see any reason not to dive into the online of ARMS, unless you have garbage internet or something. There are plenty of casual modes you can just play for fun. The main thing that makes online suck is salty people talking poo poo, but its a Nintendo game so they can't really do that. Or at least you can't tell when they do :v:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Oyster posted:

I just realized:

New Donk City.

Pauline and the New Donk Players.

Donkey Kong.

I know that Donkey Kong was originally named such because Miyamoto thought donkeys were stubborn and that described Donkey Kong or whatever, but if they're retconning the original Donkey Kong this is one hell of a way to do it.

Donkey is just his adjective and had been this whole time. Much like Funky Kong is a Kong who is funky, Donkey Kong is a Kong from Donk.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chronojam posted:

Donkey is just his adjective and had been this whole time. Much like Funky Kong is a Kong who is funky, Donkey Kong is a Kong from Donk.

Funny, he doesn't look Donkish.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

Funny, he doesn't look Donkish.

He has a tie, everyone from that city wears formal wear. It holds up.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TFRazorsaw posted:

He has a tie, everyone from that city wears formal wear. It holds up.

That's a terrible Donkish stereotype.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

literally everyone there dresses like an extra from Zoot Suit Riot.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mayor Pauline is pro jazz and pro infrastructure.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

But she had the local ape population deported back to Kong Island :/

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

war of the planet of the DONK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Junkie Disease posted:

Where do I buy the splatoon and Arms hoodies and shirts?

I think those are custom ordered.

UNIQLO has some Nintendo merchandise though.

• Locked thread